I got the Costco-Borghese brush set!

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
Do you mean Bourjois?

No, Bourjois is another cosmetic company (they recently discontinued that line at Sephora). Borghese sell at Bloomie's and Lord & Taylor.

jennifer.

my bf bought these for me a while back on the recommendation of a co-worker of his and they're not too bad for being cheap! of course, i've bought more mac brushes to use instead of these now, but this thread might get me back into them! haha

the pic above looks way different from the ones i have though, which are black. it came with a black, longer brush roll and shimmer powder as well. i wonder how different they are?

mine look like this:
AAAAAkDtl8sAAAAAAKKfAQ.jpg

Lizzie

I just picked this up last night! The brushes are suuuuuper soft. The 187 looking one is definitely too soft to apply foundation, but would be great with MSFs. The brush with the shimmery stuff in it is kinda weird. I don't know when I'd ever use that powder. I'm taking the shimmer powder out and putting it in an old BE sifter jar (yeah, I never throw anything away... it's a sickness! lol) and filling that brush with mineral veil.

Overall, not too shabby for 21 bucks.

nicole2005

After reading all the positive reviews I decided to pick up the set yesterday. I haven't gotten a chance to open it up and wash the brushes. Besides the reviews, I bought a stippling brush at Sephora (MAC wasn't nearby)... and its horrible. I got all of the Borghese brushes for less than the one brush from Sephora, we'll see how it works!

blinkymei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.
my bf bought these for me a while back on the recommendation of a co-worker of his and they're not too bad for being cheap! of course, i've bought more mac brushes to use instead of these now, but this thread might get me back into them! haha

the pic above looks way different from the ones i have though, which are black. it came with a black, longer brush roll and shimmer powder as well. i wonder how different they are?

mine look like this:

I got this same exact one too... it was a good considering how many brushes you get for the low price while trying the many types of brushes out there ... haha, I was overwhelmed when I first started getting into makeup, but now I know which brushes I want to pay more for. They did shed a bit when I would use and especially when I washed them unlike my sephora & MAC brushes of course

vocaltest

i got another set yesterday haha i now have two! i have one set from about two years ago with the clear handles, and yesterday i got the set with the white handles and the big shimmer powder thing
smiles.gif

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
i got another set yesterday haha i now have two! i have one set from about two years ago with the clear handles, and yesterday i got the set with the white handles and the big shimmer powder thing
smiles.gif

Did you get yours from a UK Costco? I've looked this time last year and the one where I live didn't have them. I will have to go this week and have a look. And how much were they here?

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceuk
Did you get yours from a UK Costco? I've looked this time last year and the one where I live didn't have them. I will have to go this week and have a look. And how much were they here?

Yes I did
smiles.gif
I got it from the Lakeside one. It was £15 something I think. If you can't find it we're gonna go back sometime before christmas so I can get you one if you want to! I'm sure they will though, they had a huge pile of them.

Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer.

mine look like this:

I have the same set, and I love the blush brush

Miss_Jessi

I bought them too, a while ago!I love the eye shadow brushes.The one for foundation was too soft for me, so i bought a brush from quo for foundation.
But the others , i use them everyday
yes.gif

xxprettyinblkxx

this years brush set is cute, i didnt even know there was a mineral shimmered filled brush included! i cant believe i havent picked one up, i just walk by them and go straight for whatever MAC items i can find at my costco lol too bad they didnt come in black handles, that would have been cute with the rhinestone
drools.gif

gigiopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziya
Does anybody know if its Canada wide? I live in B.C. can I get me some?
greengrin.gif

Yeah I've seen them at various Costco locations in B.C., I just haven't picked one up because I feel like I have enough brushes haha.

How's the stippling brush, anyone know?