I got to go to the MAC store today

Trunkmonkey

So...

My beloved wife needed some brush cleaner and wanted to stop by and say hi to the staff at the MAC store while we were out doing our last minute Christmas shopping.

AND THERE WERE VICTIMS FOR MY AMUSEMENT!!!!!!

One MUA (I think she was a freelancer and I've never met her so there's more to THAT story in a bit) was approached by a well built and very clean looking late 20's to early 30's male about advice for what to buy. So she starts pointing out this and that and I leaned in and suggested a gift card and my spouse suggested brushes. This baffled the young lad and I agreed that the brushes would be a good idea. So now he's looking at me in UTTER bafflement as I explained that skin tone and eye color are very important for picking shades whereas if he got a gift card or brushes he could always come BACK to the store with her when she made her purchases and see what she favors. I'm with my wife so I'm obviously not a flaming homosexual (not that there's anything wrong with that) but you could see his mind clanking along with the gears JUST out of sequence. Then I recommended he point his wife here, make his own account, and monitor her posts to see what she might be interested in (I think at this point in time his mind totally locked up). *shrug* oh well I tried to help.

I also got to see a guy take two steps into the store then decide that watching people in the mall from the second floor railing was much more interesting than being in a 'girl' store.

But the BEST guy was the one that sat in the corner looking completely defeated while his wife got her makeup applied by the MUA.

Then the MUA decides to help us and I ask her to close her eyes so I can see how she applied her makeup and what shades. I have NEVER seen someone so completely confused by something I said. She looked at me like my face was melting so I said 'hey you did some nice work on her I'd like to see yours'. Finally she relented but she kept looking at me sideways the rest of the time I was there.

We missed most of the regular staff that knows me which was a bummer because I wanted to wish them a merry Christmas. This was important to me because, as much as I despise malls on a day to day basis I hate them even more when they're crowded, but those ladies are cool and work hard and get my sense of humor. I'm still kind of bummed that I missed them.

Anyway scored brush cleaner and two new eye shadows. The blush she wanted was out of stock
angry.gif
. But all in all not a bad day.

I'm not sure how to get pics off my phone but I do have pics of the victims that I'll post later.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, or whatever you prefer.

Ladies.. enjoy the holidays and be careful... the Trunkmonkey might be coming to a MAC store near you someday.

bartp

mmm, I'm not sure complete strangers get the same sense of humor that quick. It's all meant well... but keep in mind, for those guys it's already a huge step to go in the store and get something. I don't think that should be rewarded by posting pics of so called victims.

lsperry

I laughed my ass off.....So funny....once when my husband and I were out of town, we went to a mall and I told him I wanted to go to the MAC counter thinking he would not want to go to a "girlie" counter. But nooo, he followed me there and annoyed all the MUAs by asking them un-ending questions. Of course, they were looking at him thinking he wanted to "try" on the makeup. He didn't make himself clear that he was helping me create a database and was just curious. He distracted me so that I forgot a couple of things I wanted to try out. I told him he could never go w/me to a MAC counter/store again! I wish he was afraid to go to the store w/me....

NubianHoneii

LOL this is funny. My bf is taking me to Mac tomorrow to let me run wild with his credit card for x-mas .. this post is going to be my reality

he is going to be in the corner all lost looking while i set his account back -$400

what a lovely day tomorrow will be
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
mmm, I'm not sure complete strangers get the same sense of humor that quick. It's all meant well... but keep in mind, for those guys it's already a huge step to go in the store and get something. I don't think that should be rewarded by posting pics of so called victims.

I agree. Its actually pretty "F"ed up.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I agree. Its actually pretty "F"ed up.

Seriously, grow some thicker skin.
If a man honest to God can't handle standing a makeup store and taking an active interest in his wife's own interests and hobbies, it would behoove him to reevaluate and figure out why.

*Stargazer*

Seriously, this "afraid to go into a store business" is about the stupidest, immature idiocy I've heard lately. I can understand a man who wants to go somewhere else while his woman is doing something he isn't interested in, but please tell me there aren't men who are actually afraid to step foot in a MAC store. That just reeks.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Seriously, grow some thicker skin.
If a man honest to God can't handle standing a makeup store and taking an active interest in his wife's own interests and hobbies, it would behoove him to reevaluate and figure out why.

haha.. Honestly?

I've personally never seen a guy look "scared" in a "womans store"

Usually they just look slightly bored , and just because they aren't learning every name of every product there, doesn't make them a bad person. Taking a picture of some stranger at a mac counter, looking bored, is stupid.

Shimmer

Not having a sense of humor is lame.

Additionally, it's legal and perfectly alright to take a picture of anyone anywhere there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy, which, in a mall there is not.

Many men look uncomfortable and downright petrified in a MAC store, I've seen it, and I know others have, and it's stupid. No one said learn the name of every product there, it was simply pointed out that maybe more men should make a fucking effort.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Not having a sense of humor is lame.

Additionally, it's legal and perfectly alright to take a picture of anyone anywhere there's not a reasonable expectation of privacy, which, in a mall there is not.

Many men look uncomfortable and downright petrified in a MAC store, I've seen it, and I know others have, and it's stupid. No one said learn the name of every product there, it was simply pointed out that maybe more men should make a fucking effort.

Eh, I never said it wasn't legal, I said it was childish.

my boyfriend goes wherever I go, he doesn't care. I've never seen a guy who was like "oh hell no not going in there" except my little brother , in the bra department ... and I agree, If a guy did refuse to step 5 feet inside macy's to stand around various powders and lipsticks, that would be ridiculous, that guy would need to grow some balls.

Taking an interest is one thing.
being creepy about it , is another.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
Eh, I never said it wasn't legal, I said it was childish.

my boyfriend goes wherever I go, he doesn't care. I've never seen a guy who was like "oh hell no not going in there" except my little brother , in the bra department ... and I agree, If a guy did refuse to step 5 feet inside macy's to stand around various powders and lipsticks, that would be ridiculous, that guy would need to grow some balls.

Taking an interest is one thing.
being creepy about it , is another.

You live in a completely different area than I do. In this area, that's a 'women's arena' and men don't go in there. They line up on the rail outside the store like quail on a highline.

I'm not sure what's creepy.

sitasati

Quote:
You live in a completely different area than I do. In this area, that's a 'women's arena' and men don't go in there. They line up on the rail outside the store like quail on a highline.

I'm not sure what's creepy.

LMAO! reallyy? I want TO SEE THIS! Please someone ...anyone post pics of this.

I think I've grown accustomed to men going into mac and buying makeup for themselves like nothing. My good friend who is very concerned with his appearance has gone to mac with me to buy concealer. The MUA tried it on him and he sat there actually very inclined to learn more about makeup. So I really wanna see men being afraid to walk into a mac store lol.

I'm also used to men getting manicures, pedicures and their eyebrows done it's a pretty normal sight to me.

sitasati

Trunkmonkey, I hope I marry a man like you.
greengrin.gif
I really love how you take interest in your wife's makeup. Thanks for giving me hope that there are men out there like that. :::waits for my own trunkmonkey::::

Suzyn

I agree with sitasati. You have any friends that would take the same amount of interest? haha.

bartp

it's all about perspective - guys and girls. If a MA would tell this story and post pics from customers, we'd all be outraged.

Give guys a chance, give them a bit of a push , and I'm sure they all love you guys more than enough to give it a try.

bartp

btw;.. what disturbs me the most is that Specktra was never intended as a forum for posting these kinds of pictures.

Jeisenne

My ex husband and I had both of our kids in tow when we stopped by the MAC counter at Nordstrom's yesterday. Now mind you, he and I get along fabulously and there's hope for a reconciliation, but hey 3 years after a bitter divorce, baby steps are required. But I digress...

Anyway, he helped me determine whether or not I wanted Parrot. I ended up getting it even though the super bright colors are something that I shy away from, but he was totally cool about being there. He was picking out lip colors that would suit me, he asked if they had anymore brush sets (he was going to get me one), and he was all around generally supportive. For Christmas he got me a really nice lighted mirror so I could apply my makeup and not have to fight for bathroom space. He set it up on my desk in the corner. It's an early gift but he wanted to make sure that I had it set up so that I could get ready for my family Christmas Eve gathering.

Men who understand us girls who are into makeup are just amazing. Your wife is really a lucky gal
smiles.gif

Latest posts