I got to go to the MAC store today

lara

If I didn't know my partner was a total technophobe, I'd think that he was Trunkmonkey.
winks.gif

I love it when people come in with their husbands or boyfriends and the partner actually takes a supportive interest. It makes such a pleasant change from the endless women that I see who try on some make-up and are absolutely thrilled with the results until their jerkoff of a husband/boyfriend bitches about how they look and demands to know why their wife/girlfriend is wasting time and money on make-up.

purrtykitty

You are AWESOME...I love that first little story! My husband can't even go near any "girly" stores. When we go to the mall, I dump him off at the nearest stash of comfy chairs or Starbucks...he and I are much happier that way. But I would love it if he would just give in and be interested instead of just complaining about how much makeup I have. Give it up already...I'm never gonna change!!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeisenne
My ex husband and I had both of our kids in tow when we stopped by the MAC counter at Nordstrom's yesterday. Now mind you, he and I get along fabulously and there's hope for a reconciliation, but hey 3 years after a bitter divorce, baby steps are required. But I digress...

Anyway, he helped me determine whether or not I wanted Parrot. I ended up getting it even though the super bright colors are something that I shy away from, but he was totally cool about being there. He was picking out lip colors that would suit me, he asked if they had anymore brush sets (he was going to get me one), and he was all around generally supportive. For Christmas he got me a really nice lighted mirror so I could apply my makeup and not have to fight for bathroom space. He set it up on my desk in the corner. It's an early gift but he wanted to make sure that I had it set up so that I could get ready for my family Christmas Eve gathering.

Men who understand us girls who are into makeup are just amazing. Your wife is really a lucky gal
smiles.gif

That's really sweet of him!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitasati
LMAO! reallyy? I want TO SEE THIS! Please someone ...anyone post pics of this.

I think I've grown accustomed to men going into mac and buying makeup for themselves like nothing. My good friend who is very concerned with his appearance has gone to mac with me to buy concealer. The MUA tried it on him and he sat there actually very inclined to learn more about makeup. So I really wanna see men being afraid to walk into a mac store lol.

I'm also used to men getting manicures, pedicures and their eyebrows done it's a pretty normal sight to me.

Like I said, I live in the part of the country where that just doesn't happen. On any given Saturday you can see at LEAST 3 to 5 males lined up on the rail. It's hysterical.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Like I said, I live in the part of the country where that just doesn't happen. On any given Saturday you can see at LEAST 3 to 5 males lined up on the rail. It's hysterical.

That is so funny! My DH isn't scared, but he's not interested and I don't want him poking me every 30 seconds asking if I am finished. It's the same with the book store. It doesn't bother me because I am not interested in going into an auto parts store or the tool department at Sears, but he will spend forever in there deciding what he NEEDS. We just do our thing.

One of my customers sends her man to the massage chairs while she shops...that way he is out of her hair and relaxed when she meets him aaaand he is too mellow to bitch about how much she spent. ha ha! Smart lady!

redambition

trunkmonkey, can you clone yourself?
smiles.gif
pretty please?

I wish that my other half was interested enough to hang out with me at MAC (or any other makeup related place). truth is he doesn't really like being in those places, but tends to look bored rather than petrified.

he's also useless with giving me opinions. everything is a non-commital shrug, unless it's truly horrific... then he backs up a step with his eyes wide in shock, shaking his head.
lol.gif
such a sight to see.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
he's also useless with giving me opinions. everything is a non-commital shrug, unless it's truly horrific... then he backs up a step with his eyes wide in shock, shaking his head.
lol.gif
such a sight to see.

LOL, that is MY husband. If I'm wearing something he doesn't like, he just says, "It's too much contrast." This coming from a guy who needs to run his tie and shirt choice by me in the morning (although in his defense, it's not every morning, more like once or twice a week).

CantAffordMAC

Where I live, guys don't really act like that. When I go into a clothing store, the only reason my boyfriend gets impatient is because he isn't really interested. He gives his input and doesn't mind, but I take awhile and it bores him. Thats completely understandable because his interests usually bore me, too.

The few times we do go into MAC, my boyfriend just sits down in one of the chairs and waits. Same in Sephora. He gets excited because he knows he can sit and relax while I shop. The last time we were in MAC, the MA applied my concealer, I turned to show him, he nodded and said "yeah baby she did a good job" and then she applied viva glam v on me and I turned to show him and he loved it. So he doesn't hate being in there. Its just when I take forever is when he gets upset.

SingFrAbsoltion

I read this thread in the morning and left to go to shopping with my male friend, and guess what, we ended up in the MAC store. I thought of this thread as soon as I saw the sign! I was wondering "what's he going to do?" So we go in, I go to the eyeshadows. At first he stood next to me looking at then then he looked up and gasped "holy shit it's all women in here!" and I said "No look there are guys" pointing to the MAs who were wearing bright colors. His eyes became wide and he just shook his head and went to stand in the corner staring at his feet, it was hilarious.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingFrAbsoltion
I read this thread in the morning and left to go to shopping with my male friend, and guess what, we ended up in the MAC store. I thought of this thread as soon as I saw the sign! I was wondering "what's he going to do?" So we go in, I go to the eyeshadows. At first he stood next to me looking at then then he looked up and gasped "holy shit it's all women in here!" and I said "No look there are guys" pointing to the MAs who were wearing bright colors. His eyes became wide and he just shook his head and went to stand in the corner staring at his feet, it was hilarious.

lol.gif
that is hilarious!! I can only imagine what it would have been like if my husband had accompanied me to MAC to day...they were having an event, so it was a frickin' ZOO!!