I hate Nordstroms! They always do this to me!

prinzessin784

EVERY time I order from Nordstrom.com they do this to me. I placed the order 4 days ago and then today I got this email:

Thank you for your recent order via Nordstrom.com, No. 94979093.

Regrettably, we are temporarily out of stock in the BARBIE LOVES M·A·C: EYE SHADOW SPRINGTIME SKIPPER and the BARBIE LOVES M·A·C: BEAUTY POWDER PEARL SUNSHINE you requested. We have gone forward in canceling this portion of your order, as we are unable to ship it to you at this time. Any additional items ordered have already shipped unless otherwise noted.

We apologize for any inconvenience this cancellation may cause and appreciate your understanding. We look forward to hearing from you again if we can help with anything further.

I am so mad! Those were of course the items I was MOST looking forward to, especially the Beauty Powder. And they were obviously in stock when I ordered them! NO FAIR!
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
And I had a gift card, which is why I ordered from there, so now I'll have like $5 left on it. Grrrreat. I hate you Nordstrom!!

AudreyNicole

OH NO! I hope I don't get one! I ordered Playful e/s on Saturday from Nordies
ssad.gif
No email yet though... Sorry to hear about your problem with them! Will they recredit your giftcard?

I got that email too.......I wanted both of the beauty powders but they are now out of stock. Went to Macy's and they had them. So I guess it worked out in the end.

Fairybelle

I just went to the Nordstroms website, and what's confusing is that they are still showing Springtime Skipper as in stock. What the..??! Makes no sense at all to show a customer something online as 'in stock' when it is not. Terrible!!!

eponine

the nordstrom mac counter i work at still has several pearl sunshine powders, and if you ask they might be able to cut you a break on the shipping? the phone number there is 303-799-3400 if you want to call 'em.

divaster

I got the same e-mail today but for different items. I was so irritated. One of the things it let me order was the little mini barbie case. I guess they don't have any left. It's frustrating. Sorry that happened to you.

prinzessin784

Thanks guys, it does suck but I guess I can live haha. I haven't checked out my "local" (it's an hour away) counters yet but I think I might take a drive tomorrow since I reallllly want that beauty powder! Ugh I am so mad at Nordies!!!

macslut

What I don't understand is why they don't just backorder the stuff instead of losing sales and potentially customers.

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by macslut
What I don't understand is why they don't just backorder the stuff instead of losing sales and potentially customers.

I was wondering that myself and then I got another email today and guess what? Everything else except for Fashion Pack l/g IS backordered! The last email told me that they had already shipped everything except for Springtime Skipper and the Beauty Powder, and then this one totally contradicts the fact that it was shipped and wtf is in the box!

I am never ordering from them again. ARGH!!! I finally found a way to get some Barbie (with my gc) and look where it gets me haha!

Katja

Doesn't it stink when you're expecting something, and it falls through? It's like waiting an hour for your ride to show, and they never show up.

Artemis

I order all the time from Nordie's. I love them. I bought peal sunshine a day after the MAC website was sold out. It must be a popular item.

prinzessin784

I just checked the Macy's site on a whim and they still "have" (yeah we'll see haha) Springtime Skipper so I ordered it. I figured it's worth a shot! I'm not having much luck on MUA - people want an arm and a leg for the Barbie stuff and I'm not quite willing to do that yet.

mans_x_ruin

One of the Nordie's counters I go to still had Pearl Sunshine..you might want to give them a call to see if they can help ya out..The MA's there are SUPER nice...

(619)295-4441

*Luna*

Have you tried e-bay yet? You might be able to hunt some down there =) Good luck with it all.

JediFarfy

Very odd. I say reorder. If it's on the site, then some store has it and would ship from that store directly. If that doesn't work, call their catalog number and get it that way.
smiles.gif

jenii

You know what? Every time I've ordered from Nordstrom's website, that's happened to me. They'll say something's in stock, and days later I'll get an e-mail saying it isn't and my order was cancelled. I just stopped ordering from them altogether. If I get a gift card, I'll physically go to a Nordstrom and use it, but no way will I ever order online from them again. It's too frustrating, because I always know that a few days later, they'll cancel the order because they failed to mention it wasn't even in stock.

messhead

It happened to me today too.

They didn't have Steamy Nail Polish, Rocking Chick L/S, and the mini bag.

And this after parts of my order were shipped over 4 different days.

So I got Steamy on the MAC website.

Anyways, I know how you feel!

Latest posts