I have a confession to make...

HeavenLeiBlu

I love makeup. LOVE. IT. That's obvious, or else I wouldn't be here, yeah?

My confession is that although I love makeup and playing with it, I cannot bring myself to wear it more than 4 days out of the week. Actually, that's an extreme. It's more like the weekend, and maybe one day out of the week that I'll wear more than lip stuff.

I have 3 reasons for this.
One, I'm blind as a bat, and when I'm not wearing my contacts, I can't see well enough to put anything on my eyes, and that's impossible to do with my glasses on.
Two, I hate removing all that gunk off my face. I have really sensitive skin, and I like the fact that I can get away w/o foundation most of the time. The less crap i have to remove, the better.
Three, I'm lazy. If I can't do something quick and dirty, it usually won't get done. when I see FOTDs that require more than 3 shadows (after a base), even though I may think it's gorgeous, in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Are you KIDDING ME???"

This is not a judgment, ladies and gents, I love being here and learning, and I think you guys are gorgeous! I'm just too lazy to keep up with y'all, LOL.

So this is my way of starting a confession thread. I don't expect all the confessions to be about mkaeup or beauty, 'cause I'll be back with more of my own, but I really need to get some sleep. I have laundry, school, work and this whole being a mom thing to do tomorrow, and I need some ZZZZ, LOL.

captodometer

Confessions from your fellow makeup scofflaw:

Like you, I'm blind as a bat. But I can't even wear contacts, so my makeup application is basically done blind. I can perform surgery, so at least I've got fine motor skills. So I can look presentable if I try. Which ain't too often, cuz I'm lazy......

foundation, eye primer, 2 shadows, blush and Vaseline on my lips(just as good as clear gloss)if I try. I'm so lazy, I usually skip the blot powder and mascara, and on really lazy days I'll even skip one of the shadows, LOL. But I never commit the sin of applying foundation and leaving the rest of my face colorless and matte.

To the elaborate FOTD/EOTD guys/gals, I bow in respect
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
Cuz my posting one of those pics would be a sign of the Apocalypse; when you see my FOTD, rest assured that the world is probably coming to an end. I like to experiment at home, but I'm way too lazy to take pics and post instructions
cutey.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Sheeesh, you would think I came up in here in farted! It's like y'all read this and went
2cwr392.gif

and then

35dchzb.jpg

So... lemme offer another type of confession: SATC, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, and those kinds of shows, I SO don't "get" them. I always tune out and zone out when other women begin gushing over them. I really made an honest effort at trying to watch and enjoy, but I can't.

Any other takers?

Shimmer

Those shows? No. I don't 'get' them.

Other confessions?
I'm not a sushi eater. Mainly because I'm sick of hearing about it from all of my friends. On point of principle now, I'm the asshole who says 'no!' when they say OMG LETS GET SOOOSHIIIIII. Again. And again. And again.
I don't get girly shit. Female angst makes me uncomfortable.
So do tears.
I don't read Cosmo, Glamour, etc., and I think their 'super crazy secret sex tips he'll never know came from us!!!' are lame.
I hate wearing pants.
I'm not very good at 'I feel' statements.

chocolategoddes

I guess we're keeping these "confessions" PG, eh?

Well then, I must confess:
-I am also very lazy. If I can get by on doing minimal work, that's the way I do it. For example, if I know I can get an A on a project for school by mostly winging it, I won't put any extra effort into it. Gimme my A and send me on my way. (omg that rhymes!)
-I once witnessed a sexual assault/ molestation and never said or did anything about it.
-Any makeup confessions? Well, I keep makeup that is supposed to be expired and thrown out, but really, who abides by those rules anyway? I have mascaras that are 1 year old and nothing's happened to my eyes... yet!

AngelBunny

- Where I am from my makeup skills are considered really good ... not bragging, but I have been told that I was really talented with my own makeup. However, this place intimidates the living hell out of me
greengrin.gif
I obviously have serious confidence issues when I look at the faces of all of you professionals and experts.

- I love comic book movies ... especially the ones that everyone else hates like Hellboy! LOVE Hellboy!

- If I find a book I really like I would rather just read it over and over again than getting into a new one.

- I cannot STAND suspense ... I should really be watching the Texas Tech game right now but I can't take the nerves so I will just wait until it is over and find out who won. I am such a bad alumnus!

- I am a musician and music teacher ... and yet I only listen to talk radio!

- I have sat in on autopsies ... and yet I cannot stand it when a live person bleeds.

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBunny
- I have sat in on autopsies ... and yet I cannot stand it when a live person bleeds.

Aren't autopsies the greatest? I've watched one on TV and it was so fascinating. Absolutely marvelous! I want to be a surgeon when i grow up but i cringe when i see someone cut themselves with a razor or something.

AngelBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
Aren't autopsies the greatest? I've watched one on TV and it was so fascinating. Absolutely marvelous! I want to be a surgeon when i grow up but i cringe when i see someone cut themselves with a razor or something.

I did it as a shadowing project in HS because my career choices were band director, cosmetologist and forensic pathologist. I enjoyed the first one so much that I ended up going for more because the guy I shadowed was really awesome.

Of course, three years later he was fired and sued for keeping the breast implants of some of his autopsy specimens for personal "research" purposes.
th_dunno.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I guess we're keeping these "confessions" PG, eh?

Haha, you don't have to! I just figured we wouldn't jump out the gate with the heavy stuff. Hmmm, what's a good juicy one that I have that isn't too extreme?

I have a guy friend that I've known for about 10 years now. He introduced me to his then-girlfriend, and we hit it off SO well that she and I became really close friends, even after their breakup. Whenever I visit her city, I have a place to crash and vice versa. At some point after their breakup, I began to get the feeling that he was hitting on me, but I thought to myself that I was imagining it all, because it made no sense that he'd try to do that, knowing how close his ex and I were. So of course, I never mentioned it to her, because since she's moved on ( several times over), what was the point, esp since I couldn't really prove it? Fast forward to six months ago.

He met another girlfriend of mine, and they hit it off. They correspond via email a lot. He ends up telling her that he had a thing for me that he thought was mutual, and of course, she forwards the email to me. Like, Ew. Not that he's unattractive in any way, but when a man dates a friend of mine, he's instantly disgusting to me- it's just a reflex I have and I can't help it. I still don't know to this day if I did the right thing by remaining silent about it. I'm still grossed out by the fact that he thought he had a chance with me!

TISH1124

I hate cleaning period....Although I am a SAHM I still have a cleaning lady!

I am too lazy to put on makeup more than 2 days a week....Church and sometimes one other day during the week just because

I cannot stand for anyone to sleep on my pillow...Bugs the sh*t out of me if I smell someone elses hair on my pillow

I cannot sleep when it's hot....Must always sleep in a cool dark environment.
(Got a hotel room one day this summer because the air was out)

I will not eat or drink after anyone...not even my own son (I know this is bad)

Can't stand unmanicured hands or feet!

Will not use a public toliet unless it's do or die.

I never touch public door handles with my fingers...I'm forever backing my way in restaurants or using my elbows

YES!! I am a germaphobe!!!!!!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Haha, you don't have to! I just figured we wouldn't jump out the gate with the heavy stuff. Hmmm, what's a good juicy one that I have that isn't too extreme?

I have a guy friend that I've known for about 10 years now. He introduced me to his then-girlfriend, and we hit it off SO well that she and I became really close friends, even after their breakup. Whenever I visit her city, I have a place to crash and vice versa. At some point after their breakup, I began to get the feeling that he was hitting on me, but I thought to myself that I was imagining it all, because it made no sense that he'd try to do that, knowing how close his ex and I were. So of course, I never mentioned it to her, because since she's moved on ( several times over), what was the point, esp since I couldn't really prove it? Fast forward to six months ago.

He met another girlfriend of mine, and they hit it off. They correspond via email a lot. He ends up telling her that he had a thing for me that he thought was mutual, and of course, she forwards the email to me. Like, Ew. Not that he's unattractive in any way, but when a man dates a friend of mine, he's instantly disgusting to me- it's just a reflex I have and I can't help it. I still don't know to this day if I did the right thing by remaining silent about it. I'm still grossed out by the fact that he thought he had a chance with me!

And on that note....My husband always wants to come right in and go right at it after he has been at work all day....But he always looks at me and says I know Ms Clean A$$ I need to go shower ..yep back to my germaphobe self...such a romantic I am!! But he takes the fastest cowboy shower ever!! I think it's a quick hit of the criticals and a promise to wash it well later
th_LMAO.gif
and in the middle of the night before he wakes me he always goes to brush his teeth first...LOL but why is it I don't get my A$$ up and go brush...hummmm My germs are okay with me I guess
cutey.gif
My poor dh...but he knew what he was signing up for...Before he put a ring on it!
yes.gif

ShugAvery2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127

I hate cleaning period....Although I am a SAHM I still have a cleaning lady!

You are my sister from another mother for real... I'm sitting here picking up .. at 1 in the morning.. sloowwwly.. begrudgingly

My mother definitely didn't raise a domestic

User93

Omg you people rock!

HeavenLeiBlu - thats sooo me. The other day we went to MAC with my friend and she was like.. "wtf girl, you are crazy about all that and you have pretty much make-up, however, you still dont use much"??

I use MSF every day and concealer, blush, lippies, and I guess thats it. I loove mascara, but Im lazy to remove it every day so yeah I do skip. As for eyes, I put just bare study p/p and line sometimes... Though sometimes I can skip even MSF and concealer.. ugh
I love make-up, but I'm lazy. Also as a vconfession, I dont like e/s much. All I do is a bold make-up for a club, but since Im a study geek, thats not that often. I love lipsticks and glosses a lot, but I dont even finish them! I put in the morning and well I wish i re-applied, but it stays there lol.

User93

nanaparty.gif

Omg you people rock!

HeavenLeiBlu - thats sooo me
yahoo.gif
. The other day we went to MAC with my friend and she was like.. "wtf girl, you are crazy about all that and you have pretty much make-up, however, you still dont use much"??

I use MSF every day and concealer, blush, lippies, and I guess thats it. I loove mascara, but Im lazy to remove it every day so yeah I do skip. As for eyes, I put just bare study p/p and line sometimes... Though sometimes I can skip even MSF and concealer.. ugh
I love make-up, but I'm lazy. Also as a vconfession, I dont like e/s much. All I do is a bold make-up for a club, but since Im a study geek, thats not that often. I love lipsticks and glosses a lot, but I dont even finish them! I put in the morning and well I wish i re-applied, but it stays there lol.

Shimmer, thank you for posting
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif
, I feel less geek lol. I dont like damn sushi. I just dont. Idk why people are so into it. I dont wanna eat raw fish (please dont explain me here its ok, my friends already tried everything), Me too, Im that person to start whining when everyone decided to go to "that awesom sushi place". And Im the one to be sitting there (if we still go there) just drinking tea or whatever.

Ok and to tell you guys something new... Go throw tomatoes at me but I dont like Jessica Alba at all. I dont understand whats THAT special about her except she is "cute". I think she is overrated.

TISH1124

Tried it...Over it!! No sushi for me....Just like caviar...tried it....Can't imagine why people would pay a fortune to eat that crap.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
2cwr392.gif

Girl this was me in Church on Sunday....WHHYYY did my son Fart....loudly...He said, OOps Excuse me...after the shock looked on my face the burnt weiner scent hit me as well as the people sitting next to me...I thought I would die...literally just DIE!! I just opened my bible and started praying and fanning his coat to spread it around
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
Sometimes it's good to share !!

minni4bebe

I do agree about the over 3 shadows comment..... I LOVE the way some of these girls do their eyes but I'm like wth! Can I skip like 3 other colors!? lol....

Latest posts