I just got a job @ Benefit!

NikkiHorror

It's a beautiful counter, the girls are real cool, and I love the fact that we have a pretty free dress code. I start next week. The only thing is I'm not sure how to sell the "Fake-its" and "Fix-its" like I can sell Smashbox Photofinish and Brow Tech.

Has anyone worked for Benefit before? I'd love tips, suggestions, stories, ANYTHING! <3

LMcConnell18

congratulations!!!
hope u love it!!
greengrin.gif

Janice

Congratulations! So happy to hear this news.
smiles.gif
No tips from me, just wanted to send you good vibes.
smiles.gif

NikkiHorror

Haha, thanks all!! I seemed to take forever, but I finally got a position I think I'll enjoy
smiles.gif
I'll be able to be your truthful Benefit Go-To-Gal in a couple months or to (once I learn everything!)
greengrin.gif

Jade M

Congratulations!

You'll have fun with the Benefit products. I did a day of freelance with them to help out a friend, and it was great. People really seem to like the 'cute factor' that the brand has.

Beauty Mark

Benefit is a cute line. Congrats!

Don't worry too much about selling the products; I'm sure they'll train you well. The Benefit counter I go to is always so friendly.

Marcita

Congratulations. Ask the girls you work with for their tips. I never sold Benefit but I did sell Smashbox and the other girls at the store didn't so I always tried to show them the few things I knew.

Hennys

Congrats!

I work for Benefit so I can tell you some things.

Alright, I work in a very slow store where it is nearly impossible to meet your sales goal, so, my job is hell. They probably made you do a demo where you have to pull three customers and show/sell them four "fake it's" and a "fix it". What you learn really fast is that people don't want any of it. Benefit is all about pulling customers and sitting them down. They expect you to do this all day.

Here are the 8 steps of a sale, we call it "The Magic Formula":

1. Traffic stop
2. Sit down the customer (ask beauty dillema)
3. Demonstrate )four fake-its and a fix-it)
4. Commitment (if the customer commits to purchase, you then "continue" with two more prducts)
5. Close the sale
6. Celebrity File
7. sample
8. Book an appointment

Our motto is "To sit down customers can create serious activity" so basically they want someone sittting down at all times, in hopes it will bring more people by the counter to check it out.

They expect you to know and recite the "one liners" for all of the fake-its and fix-its. For example Benetint's one liner is "The sexiest flush you can get froma bottle". It is annoying.

And we are big on appointments. The thing about Benefit is that we do not like doing full color makeovers, they want us to stay away from them as much as possible. We are supposed to focus and sell fake its, our core products.

However, in April Benefit is coming out with new color and it is supposed to be amazing, so that might change.

Benefit has a reputation of being one of the hardest cosmetics company to work for. They are HARDCORE about sales and are all about numbers. We are the fasting growing cosmetics company in the world and they always want more more more. Being that you have worked in cosmetics, you already know this but really Benefit is tough.

If you are in a busy store, your job will be fantastic. You wont have to pull customers and you'll still make numbers. My job sucks because we have no customers and we have to traffic stop all day (which I hate) and still fall way short of our goal. If I met my goal everyday and didn't have to traffic stop, my job would be PERFECT and I would never complain.

But I love the products and I totally believe in them and they are fun to work with and I love the customers that we attract. They are typically nice and fun people.

But anyway, that is just a little bit of info. I hope I didn't sound completely negative, I am sure you will be fantastic!

If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask me. And again, congrats!!

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennys
Congrats!

I work for Benefit so I can tell you some things.

Alright, I work in a very slow store where it is nearly impossible to meet your sales goal, so, my job is hell. They probably made you do a demo where you have to pull three customers and show/sell them four "fake it's" and a "fix it". What you learn really fast is that people don't want any of it. Benefit is all about pulling customers and sitting them down. They expect you to do this all day.

Here are the 8 steps of a sale, we call it "The Magic Formula":

1. Traffic stop
2. Sit down the customer (ask beauty dillema)
3. Demonstrate )four fake-its and a fix-it)
4. Commitment (if the customer commits to purchase, you then "continue" with two more prducts)
5. Close the sale
6. Celebrity File
7. sample
8. Book an appointment

Our motto is "To sit down customers can create serious activity" so basically they want someone sittting down at all times, in hopes it will bring more people by the counter to check it out.

They expect you to know and recite the "one liners" for all of the fake-its and fix-its. For example Benetint's one liner is "The sexiest flush you can get froma bottle". It is annoying.

And we are big on appointments. The thing about Benefit is that we do not like doing full color makeovers, they want us to stay away from them as much as possible. We are supposed to focus and sell fake its, our core products.

However, in April Benefit is coming out with new color and it is supposed to be amazing, so that might change.

Benefit has a reputation of being one of the hardest cosmetics company to work for. They are HARDCORE about sales and are all about numbers. We are the fasting growing cosmetics company in the world and they always want more more more. Being that you have worked in cosmetics, you already know this but really Benefit is tough.

If you are in a busy store, your job will be fantastic. You wont have to pull customers and you'll still make numbers. My job sucks because we have no customers and we have to traffic stop all day (which I hate) and still fall way short of our goal. If I met my goal everyday and didn't have to traffic stop, my job would be PERFECT and I would never complain.

But I love the products and I totally believe in them and they are fun to work with and I love the customers that we attract. They are typically nice and fun people.

But anyway, that is just a little bit of info. I hope I didn't sound completely negative, I am sure you will be fantastic!

If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask me. And again, congrats!!

THANKS SOOOOO MUCH! I'm lucky because the store I'll be in is a Macy*s Flagship Store! It was actually #2 in sales volume last year for allllllll of Macy*s stores, and was beaten only by a Macy's in Guam..(!!??!!weird, I know.) It's pretty dang busy
greengrin.gif

But you're right, during my demo interview, I couldnt get anyone to buy anything, and usually that's not a problem for me! How do you convince them to buy 4 different eye-brightening products? (They told me to show her EyeCon, Eye Bright, Boi-ing, Ooh La Lift and Perfect 10 Powder). I felt like I was overwhemling my customers with eye products and basically repeating the same thing over and over again "This is going to help brighten any darkness under your eyes". What are you supposed to say when you're done showing her everything?

I also heard about the new color coming in April: 24 new lipsticks!!!
greengrin.gif
What else are they coming out with?

Hennys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
THANKS SOOOOO MUCH! I'm lucky because the store I'll be in is a Macy*s Flagship Store! It was actually #2 in sales volume last year for allllllll of Macy*s stores, and was beaten only by a Macy's in Guam..(!!??!!weird, I know.) It's pretty dang busy
greengrin.gif

But you're right, during my demo interview, I couldnt get anyone to buy anything, and usually that's not a problem for me! How do you convince them to buy 4 different eye-brightening products? (They told me to show her EyeCon, Eye Bright, Boi-ing, Ooh La Lift and Perfect 10 Powder). I felt like I was overwhemling my customers with eye products and basically repeating the same thing over and over again "This is going to help brighten any darkness under your eyes". What are you supposed to say when you're done showing her everything?

I also heard about the new color coming in April: 24 new lipsticks!!!
greengrin.gif
What else are they coming out with?

Wow, that is so amazing! I would love to work in a store that busy!

Lol, yeah, I actually did Eye Con, Ooh La Lift, Eye Bright, and Boi-ing, and then Highbrow on lady I pulled today, she was very confused to say the least, but she looked amazing and bought! You just have to create your own recipes.

As far as what to say when you are done showing them stuff; I go back over everything, "ok, so we did eyecon, eyebright, Dallas..etc etc...you look amazing. Is there anything you want to take home today?" or you can say "What can't you live without". Just think of something cute to say, whatever works for you.

The new color is going to be lipstick, eyeshadows, gloss, blush, all that good stuff. The fix-its and fake-its won't change, just the rest. There is going to be three looks; a natural look, a mid range, and then a full out glam look, and then the products build out from the looks. My coordinator said it is going to be the best color and is going to beat any line out there. Now, this is coming from a woman who eats, sleeps, breathes Benefit, so I take that with a grain of salt. But I am so excited, I am sure it will be great. April is going to be amazing for the company. This is a really exciting time for us!

You are going to be so awesome!!!

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennys
Wow, that is so amazing! I would love to work in a store that busy!

Lol, yeah, I actually did Eye Con, Ooh La Lift, Eye Bright, and Boi-ing, and then Highbrow on lady I pulled today, she was very confused to say the least, but she looked amazing and bought! You just have to create your own recipes.

As far as what to say when you are done showing them stuff; I go back over everything, "ok, so we did eyecon, eyebright, Dallas..etc etc...you look amazing. Is there anything you want to take home today?" or you can say "What can't you live without". Just think of something cute to say, whatever works for you.

The new color is going to be lipstick, eyeshadows, gloss, blush, all that good stuff. The fix-its and fake-its won't change, just the rest. There is going to be three looks; a natural look, a mid range, and then a full out glam look, and then the products build out from the looks. My coordinator said it is going to be the best color and is going to beat any line out there. Now, this is coming from a woman who eats, sleeps, breathes Benefit, so I take that with a grain of salt. But I am so excited, I am sure it will be great. April is going to be amazing for the company. This is a really exciting time for us!

You are going to be so awesome!!!

<3333 You are so awesome! I wish I worked with you!