I just got a job @ Benefit!

FacesbyNiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennys
Congrats!

I work for Benefit so I can tell you some things.

Alright, I work in a very slow store where it is nearly impossible to meet your sales goal, so, my job is hell. They probably made you do a demo where you have to pull three customers and show/sell them four "fake it's" and a "fix it". What you learn really fast is that people don't want any of it. Benefit is all about pulling customers and sitting them down. They expect you to do this all day.

Here are the 8 steps of a sale, we call it "The Magic Formula":

1. Traffic stop
2. Sit down the customer (ask beauty dillema)
3. Demonstrate )four fake-its and a fix-it)
4. Commitment (if the customer commits to purchase, you then "continue" with two more prducts)
5. Close the sale
6. Celebrity File
7. sample
8. Book an appointment

Our motto is "To sit down customers can create serious activity" so basically they want someone sittting down at all times, in hopes it will bring more people by the counter to check it out.

They expect you to know and recite the "one liners" for all of the fake-its and fix-its. For example Benetint's one liner is "The sexiest flush you can get froma bottle". It is annoying.

And we are big on appointments. The thing about Benefit is that we do not like doing full color makeovers, they want us to stay away from them as much as possible. We are supposed to focus and sell fake its, our core products.

However, in April Benefit is coming out with new color and it is supposed to be amazing, so that might change.

Benefit has a reputation of being one of the hardest cosmetics company to work for. They are HARDCORE about sales and are all about numbers. We are the fasting growing cosmetics company in the world and they always want more more more. Being that you have worked in cosmetics, you already know this but really Benefit is tough.

If you are in a busy store, your job will be fantastic. You wont have to pull customers and you'll still make numbers. My job sucks because we have no customers and we have to traffic stop all day (which I hate) and still fall way short of our goal. If I met my goal everyday and didn't have to traffic stop, my job would be PERFECT and I would never complain.

But I love the products and I totally believe in them and they are fun to work with and I love the customers that we attract. They are typically nice and fun people.

But anyway, that is just a little bit of info. I hope I didn't sound completely negative, I am sure you will be fantastic!

If you have any more questions, please, feel free to ask me. And again, congrats!!

I didn't find this negative at all. You told her the 'real deal' and that is great. You're awesome to me for that.
smiles.gif

MisStarrlight

Congrats!

I don't really know anything about Benefit excet She-laq is GOD!

That & that Benefit & Lancome are where my Macy*s puts the girls who want to work at MAC cause it's right next to the MAC counter. Stupid Macy*s!

shabdebaz

I never actually worked for Benefit, but almost! I did a demo interview with them a few months before I was hired at MAC. I think Benefit products are great, but the job was not for me (I was offered the job). The "traffic stopping" thing is hard! I was exhausted by the end of the demo (it was like 2 or 3 hours). The manager said that you have to really get into people's faces...that is hard for me to do 'cause I don't like it when people do that to me. I guess it really does depend on how busy your location is on getting people to sit down. That counter was right beside a MAC counter, so there was a lot of competition right there as well.

Now that I work for MAC, it is interesting to see the different selling techniques and philosophies of different cosmetics companies. Like I said before, Benefit products are great...I hope you have fun and success working for them! Good Luck.

ebonyannette

Yay you have to tell me which Macys so I can come buy up some stuff girl. And let me know when they come out with some colors for dark skinned girls!

user79

As a potential customer, I was more frightened away by the aggressive selling tactics of the Benefit staff than lured in. I was also stopped in traffic so to speak, and she applied a few things on me, none of which I liked at all. I felt really pushed into buying something, thank god I didn't though.

I'm one of those people who just prefers to browse in peace, and ask for help if I want it.

Good luck on your new job though!!

c00ki312

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
As a potential customer, I was more frightened away by the aggressive selling tactics of the Benefit staff than lured in. I was also stopped in traffic so to speak, and she applied a few things on me, none of which I liked at all. I felt really pushed into buying something, thank god I didn't though.

I'm one of those people who just prefers to browse in peace, and ask for help if I want it.

Good luck on your new job though!!

exactly. but when i do need help, theres no-one around lol

MAC_Pixie04

I work at Sephora and we carry BeneFit. I find that the best way to sell the "Fake-Its" and "Fix-Its" is to put it on one side of their face (especially if it's a bare face) and compare it to the undone side, kinda like the animation for the products, a bit of a "before and after." I always describe them as "no make up" makeup and people, especially people who don't like to have a lot of product on their face or people who don't have a lot of time to get ready in the morning, totally jump on that.
Congrats on the new job!