I love my cat...

duckduck

... she eats spiders! I find one, and all I have to to is call her over and point. She plays with it for a minute, then "nom nom nom" no more spider! She also eats crickets, moths, and any other little bug I don't wanna deal with that finds its way in!
yahoo.gif

MACATTAK

I have one that does that too! Only sometimes she plays stupid...like she can't see it & it gets away!!!!
nonono.gif

kokometro

My cat Nikko Blue, eats all bugs. She likes those big summer time flies that buzz really loud. She can catch any bug at anytime. We always say she's eating lime fly pie. Now.. if only she would do something about the mouse that we can't get rid of.

CantAffordMAC

Lol i love cats. I had a cat like, almost 9 years ago and he would eat crickets and spiders and things. Which was great for me, because bugs are my number one fear as well.

Its kind of weird...but great.

flowerhead

why is everyone scared of bugs? really, i find their efficiency fascinating. don't kill 'em, just set them free!

SparklingWaves

Why is it my deaf cat is better at getting bugs & mice than the hearing cats? The others are useless. If my deaf kitty sees it, it's going to be gone. Hmmm

almmaaa

OMG how weird I have never heard that youre cat is tooo kewl, How cute I can imagine her little paws pawing the spider LOL too cute I would love to see that, u should make a little video of her doing it!!!

flowerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Why is it my deaf cat is better at getting bugs & mice than the hearing cats? The others are useless. If my deaf kitty sees it, it's going to be gone. Hmmm

heightened senses? cats are very clever animals, they can detect very small movements, so your deaf kitty may have developed a heightened sense of this
smiles.gif

Fairybelle

I need one of those spider-killing kitties...NOW!!! I love kitties but my DH is creeped out by them, so for now DH is who kills spiders for me...but he won't eat 'em!
th_LMAO.gif

HOTasFCUK

My cat was like that too but the bigger problem was how she would always bring home mice and birds that she killed and most of the time she would eat them too! She once stuffed a mouse into the ground, i swear all you could see was the body in the air, the head was buried! Or i find the heads of birds in the backyard and feathers everywhere! I guess the beak was too hard to swallow LOL but the worst thing she killed was a squirrel! I never knew cats killed them! She was such a predator, she looked like a little orange tiger but was really tiny and light! Ahhh my baby Felix was a fierce kitty and sadly i had to have her put down last July after 14 years. I miss her so much!!!

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
I need one of those spider-killing kitties...NOW!!! I love kitties but my DH is creeped out by them, so for now DH is who kills spiders for me...but he won't eat 'em!
th_LMAO.gif

Wait... creeped out by cats, but okay with spiders?!? Now that's just silly
tong.gif

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
My cat was like that too but the bigger problem was how she would always bring home mice and birds that she killed and most of the time she would eat them too! She once stuffed a mouse into the ground, i swear all you could see was the body in the air, the head was buried! Or i find the heads of birds in the backyard and feathers everywhere! I guess the beak was too hard to swallow LOL but the worst thing she killed was a squirrel! I never knew cats killed them! She was such a predator, she looked like a little orange tiger but was really tiny and light! Ahhh my baby Felix was a fierce kitty and sadly i had to have her put down last July after 14 years. I miss her so much!!!

Awww, 14 years is a long time - sorry you had to put your little hunter down! Ours is indoor only, so she sits in the window watching the birdies and making little noises at them. Back home, an outdoor cat has adopted my family and periodically brings my mother (who is an avid birdwatcher) little birdies she had caught. Mom can't seem to understand it's a present from the cat, and the cat can't seem to understand why my mom never wants it.
amuse.gif
I'll have to tell my mom to just be thankful the cat hasn't ever gotten a squirrel!

Latest posts