I need a MAC hug.

sbetsy

I just posted this on LJ, so my apologies if you already saw it there:

I need a MAC hug. I had a little depotting party for myself and took the empties to MAC today with my friend. When I got there, the MA said, "you're not back to buy more, are you?" a bit incredulously. I kinda was - I was curious about shy angel, violet underground and botanical. And I was out of both brush cleanser and make up remover. But when she said that I felt uncomfortable so I didn't get anything. My friend asked her about makeovers because I had just had one yesterday (and bought 5/6 of the e/s with the new collection and some other things I had been eyeing) and she told her that it was $40. She didn't explain the $40 towards purchasing thing that is the policy with this counter, she just said $40. I wanted to leave but my friend was curious about some e/s so we stayed. Then the MA accused me of having a "lip party" with a bunch of the lip products that had been left out. I hadn't. Then the MA sold my friend trax and iris print. That's fine but neither color is going to show up on her skin (she has a really pretty, deep ebony complexion) without a shadestick or paint base. I told my friend to try both on her hand by themselves and with a base and it really helped! The MA was all put out about having to go pull out a shadestick for my friend. I even had to be the one to suggest which color to get.

I did buy a bunch of stuff yesterday but I never buy with credit - I always try and save up for the new collections. And even if I do have too much MAC, is it really a good idea to have the MA be the person to suggest that? Why did it feel like I was the one working for MAC and the MA was like a secret Lancome saboteur or something???

michy_mimi

Well apparently she isn't a good MA.....so what if you were back to buy more makeup....isn't that a good thing. I have read so many things about MA's being horrible on here that I thank my lucky stars that the MA's where I go are helpful and fun.

If I were you I would report her to a manager....I mean but that is just my personality type. I am the customer and if I am not happy when I leave the store then there was obviously a problem......and you , my dear are not happy about this particular experience....

finger.gif
You should have gave her a few of these!
smiles.gif

brandi

wow! i never had that happen to me before! once i went 3 days in the row! and they said dont you have the whole MAC store already? but in a joking way... i never felt uncomfortable! that just sucks! sometimes when i go to MAC with my friends i tell them what to buy and how to enhance color without the MA's help, when they see what i'm doing suggesting colors and things like that they think that i work there! i feel happy when they think that because i really would like to work there! hahaha....but only once i had not a good experience there and i ignored the MA and asked another one for help! who cares if you go there everyday of the week!
smiles.gif
sorry sooo loong!

Beautiful1

Report Her To Her Manager Because Obviously She Has No Business Working There Or Any Place Else For That Matter!
angry.gif

pumpkincat210

... something like that happened to me. I bought 300 worth of stuff and came back a couple of weeks later.. the MA said "oh, you're back" less than thrilled.. but another girl was already helping me.. the one that I really like anyway. It was just the tone of her voice.. maybe she thought I was going to return something.. but that shouldn't matter. I don't know, maybe i just misinterpreted but i was getting some negative vibes.

BlahWah

Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience! Yeesh, yeah, the girls at the counter nearest me aren't the most enthusiastic or friendly unless they have to make a sale, and even then you can tell it's faked. When I have time, I trek to one 20 mins away instead of the one 5 mins away. They're actually happy to see me twice in a row, whether I buy anything or not!

sbetsy

Thank you all so much
smiles.gif
I was feeling really sad and your kind words and stories cheered me up. I shouldn't be so thin-skinned but I work hard for my money and I don't buy a lot for myself so I want it to be fun when I spend it!

MissMarley

That was just nasty of her- unprofessional and rude. She shouldn't be working in customer service, obviously.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Oh yes.. I would report her management!! Don't let her treat you that way - shoot they should be happy to see you NO matter what !!!! Mine always are ..lol hell we are on a first name basis .. and I have lunch with some of them..lol!! But, seriously - report her .. !! **HUGS**

tricky

wow i can't believe that. that is horrible. i probably wouldve went off on her and called her rude and unhelpful... and then told the manager haha

allan_willb

OMG i cant believe she accused you of having a "LIP PARTY" UGHHHHHHH i would have slapped her across her face!That was just wrong....If they wanna sell anything at all they better let you test every damn lip product on the damn shelf!Even i they have 500 items!I'd complain to the store manager!

Sushi_Flower

Why do some MAC SAs act like it's a bad thing that MAC fans come back again and again to buy stuff?...I just don't understand it. I know exactly how you feel, my counter is not the best, some of the SAs are clueless and i have to help my friends as they're not providing any correct information and most annoyingly, help myself as they don't know what brush is what or what a 'Paint' is and i've particularly had one extremely upsetting experience.

MACgirl

thats horrible, at first it started out bad and then when you said something abotu a lip party, now that is beyond horrible!! maybe she was having a bad day BUT that is no excuse to treat anyone like that if your in customer service/retail!! she proab thinks she can get away with acting like that. I'm sorry this happened to you, you dont deserve this.

sbetsy

You guys are so sweet. I wish you all worked at my counter lol! Isn't it amazing how a bad experience can make you feel so uncomfortable? My life is generally pretty happy but I'm in graduate school and I work in a difficult area (people with developmental disabilities and severe problem behavior like self injury or aggression) and I want to be happy during my "off time." For me, make up is totally an escape. I can deal with really difficult situations, stuff other people might not be willing to deal with (like kids who throw up all the time or throw fecal matter at people and such) all day but at night I can take a shower, do my makeup and feel like I live a much more glamorous existence... I don't want anybody to make me feel bad about that escape. It could be something really destructive, like drugs or alcohol or promiscuity or I don't even know what. It's just makeup. Is that so horrible?

Ruby

That's an awful experience and I can understand why you didn't do anything at the time, you were probably shocked! You definately need to complain, either in written form or verbally to the manager, she should not get away with this!

Sushi_flower, it's Clareypie from the other forum, I was going to mention that nasty experience you had (and me to a much lesser extent). It's just not on, if I shop regularly at one specific counter, I expect to build up a good relationship with the SAs, not live in fear of what acidic putdown they're going to fire at me!

Pushpa

what a cow i agree report her

man i read some pretty bad mac experiences they suck...i have never had a bad time and i alwasy go and find my fave mac ladies most of the time the ma's don't even ask if i need help they let my sister and i browse around cause they know us and they know we hate to be hovered over....i love going to mac it's fun i would hate to have to converse with a crappy rude bitch of a ma

Hawkeye

Something similar happened to me one time. This MA at Lancome was being a total asswhipe and when I finally got someone they were all rude and everything and I just sighed and said, " know what I don't want your help. I'm going somewhere who wants my business" so I looked like crap that day and I knew the witch was eyeing me on that so I went over to the MAC Counter, got amazing service, spent $350 on it (I had been saving up for SO FREAKING LONG don't even say man I wish I had that much I mean I saved up for it for like 6 months just to go on a splurge day). When the Lancome MA Saw how much I spent suddenly she changed her tune. It was amazing. I was walking away from the MAC counter and she jumps in, " Listen you were right, have you tried our new fragrance?" I looked at her and being the bitch I am said, " Wow they demoted you to fragrance girl that quickly?" Then left.

curlyqmishee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful1
Report Her To Her Manager Because Obviously She Has No Business Working There Or Any Place Else For That Matter!
angry.gif

My sentiments exactly!!!! How DARE she! You should buy a ton of stuff from her then the next day come in and return it! What a B she is!

mima

ugh, i am so sorry you went through this. i also think you should report her to her supervisor. i think it is so odd that she is unhappy when you want to buy more??

to be honest though, i try to rotate counters because i am embarrassed at how much i buy
smiles.gif

btw, i too end up telling my friends what to try
smiles.gif

Latest posts