I need a MAC hug.

junealexandra

Hey, your story really got to me. I often escape to MAC, my youngest daughter has developmental disabilites, so I hear you loud and clear. Of the 3 Mac counters in my area 2 are horrible and 1 is incredible. They know me well, and let me "play". Once they asked if I'd like to work there ( as a joke ) no way I have the talent but it was funny. I also know that the MAC handbook says every customer should be made to feel comfortable and to show customers how to use the products. That rep should be fired, she doesn't live up to MAC name.

sigwing

That always just slays me. Our local Dillards has an awsome MAC counter and the women there are so nice. If they said anything to me coming back the next day, they would act thrilled & possibly say something like "So did you decide to come back for that ___ after all?" and act excited for me that I was going ahead with getting something I'd admired. And I've had them go through suggesting lipstick shades for me when I brought in a ton of empty pots, so they weren't even making a sale. But the girls like this apparently aren't just there to run the cash register and not be out among customers. They're just wonderful & if any MAC company people are reading this, or if THEY are reading this, they're located at the Towne East Mall in Wichita, KS. They're all fantastic!!!

The Lancome counter there has always seemed to have haughty women who don't want to bother with you if you come look at stuff in your sweats. (Even tho I haven't bought any Lancome in quite a while...) I've talked to people about this in the past, and have heard that the more successful counter help have tried to train people to never judge anyone that walks up because your best sale could be to people you've judged as probably not having money or whatever.