i need anyone who prays to read this

Alexa

hi guys. i obviously haven't been posting a lot... as soon as i posted in the fotd forum saying i would be posting a lot more, something absolutely.. ugh.

on wednesday morning, the day before thanksgiving, at 8 am, my dad was taken into the emergency room. as some of you may know and some may not, my dad has been battling liver cancer for just a little over a year now. my mom told me to stay home that morning because he'd be fine. so i kissed his head, said bye and that i'd see him later that day.

2 hours later, my aunt calls me and tells me that she's in my driveway. for me to come out and get in the car because my dad's very sick and my mom wants me to come in. the whole ride to the hospital, i had NO idea what was going on. i didn't talk the whole ride home, i just listened to my aunt call all of my mom and dad's closest sisters/brothers.

so, we get to the hospital. i finally get into my dad's room in the ER and i see my brother...bawling. i knew right then that something was wrong. my dad was just laying there..sleeping. my mom took me out of the room and i just asked her what was going on. and she said the words i will never forget. 'his whole body is shutting down...they told us he has 5 hours to live.'

needless to say..i pretty much lost it. i have never been that scared in my entire life. how was my mom going to be after this? how were we going to live without him. the rest of the day was pretty much spent with me sitting in the ICU waiting room..just staring at the tv with horrible thoughts going through my head. i mean, i'm only 16. i want my dad to be there when i get married. i want him to walk me down the aisle... i want him to see me graduate high school and overcome the depression i've been battling for 3 years.

anyways, that night, he was finally stable enough to be transferred to the northwestern memorial hospital in chicago. me, my brother and my mom all drove down that night to be with him. seeing my dad just laying in the bed, connected to all of these wires and tubes... it was so scary. i've been with him during all his other procedures and all the times he's been sick but i've never seen anyone like this. he couldn't even talk..nothing would come out right.

we found out then that his liver had failed. and because of that..his kidneys were going as well. he was also having problems with his blood pressure, blood sugar and a bunch of other things.

my sister, brother, brother in law, niece, nephew and my mom were all there with him for thanksgiving. my mom could not stop crying that day.. seeing my mom like this just makes me go insane. i can't stand it...and there's nothing i can do to help
ssad.gif

he's been stable for 3 1/2 days now.. much longer than the 5 hours we were given on wednesday. the only hope we've been given in this situation is that because of how sick he is, he's been moved to #1 on the liver transplant list. he needs this transplant or he will die. he also might need a kidney transplant as well. they're trying dialysis and if they don't get better, the new liver also helps the kidneys to start working. but, if they do stop working as well, they can replace those when replacing the liver.

i'm asking anyone who believes in prayer to please pray for my dad. pray that he's able to get the transplant and that he makes it. his birthday is in two weeks...and i want him to be home for christmas so badly
ssad.gif
i've never had a christmas without him. i just can't even imagine it.

so, please.. pray for him. even if you don't pray, keep him in your thoughts. it's obvious prayer has worked already for him because i truely believe that if it weren't for everyone praying for him on wednesday, he would not be here with us now.

thanks everyone for reading this
ssad.gif
i really needed to get it typed out. i've been home alone since thursday night and just needed to get my feelings and everything out.

AllINeedIsMac

Wow... you are such a strong person, sweety. I wouldn't even have had the strenghth to get it out like you did. The Lord has done miracles, with the help through prayers and love. I have been in the situation before, and all I can say is as I read your post, it brought tears to my eyes and chills down my spine. I will pray for your pop-pop, ALexa. I truly will. Prayers can move moutains, but please take one advice from me... I lost my uncle (to AIDS, which believe it or not, got me to discovering MAC at an AIDS walk) and I cried in front of him every single day/night, you do not want your father to see you upset. He wants to see you as he's getting better, the way he has always seen you... beautiful and strong. Keep your head up, Alexa, my prayers are with your father and family...

**mUaH**

caffn8me

Alexa, I really feel for you. I truly hope that a suitable donor organ becomes available and that your dad receives a successful transplant. Being entirely realistic though, the odds are probably against it but don't give up hope. Your dad sounds like a fighter.

I know what it's like to lose a father. Mine died aged 43 from pneumonia when I was 16 years old. It wasn't easy but my mother coped amazingly. She's a real inspiration to me.

Whatever happens things are going to be pretty tough for you and your family over the coming days and weeks and my thoughts are with you. You know you can always come to Specktra and vent if you need to.

Hang in there grrl!

Midgard

All my thoughts are with you and your family! I will pray for him and all of you! *hugs*

jess98765

my goodness there are tears in my eyes right now. Life is so fragile....
ssad.gif
He will most definitely be in my prays tonight! I praise you Alexa for being such a strong chick! just keep being strong and continue having faith and belief
smiles.gif
Chin up honey, everything will be alright in the end
smiles.gif

Christina Victoria

Aww, sweetie.. I'm so sorry to hear how sick your father is. My dad passed away when I was only 7, so I know how scary and sad it can be. I will keep your father and your family in my prayers and thoughts, I really hope he gets better soon. Keep your chin up, and never lose hope.

mspixieears

I don't pray but I do offer up lots of positive energy in your direction...I know it sounds stupid, but just knowing someone else is hoping you well can help (at least my cat has helped me, through my own struggles with depression). I truly hope they can get your father a compatible liver.

In fact, my cat just walked into the room as I type this. I cannot begin to understand what you are going through, but we're here for you.

To everyone, please consider becoming an organ donor! Even when your life is gone (not before you have had the time to 'live' it), you can still help someone by making it known to your loved ones that you wish to be an organ donor.

exodus

I'm so, so sorry. I will most definitely pray for you and your family tonight. I truly hope they will find a donor for him very soon. In the meantime, I know it's extremely hard, but be strong, sweetheart.

msthrope

my thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. i wish you the very best and i hope health finds its way to your father soon.

Juneplum

oh alexa.. i had NO idea he had gotten so bad.. darling i will DEFINITELY pray for him every day, and for you and your family to be strong in this most awful time. (((HUGS)))
i truly hurt for you.. when my father was battling cancer it was the MOST awful time in my life. seeing this STRONG man who has always been full of life reduced to almost nothing with the cancer meds he had to take. luckily, and i thank GOD for this EVERY DAY, he was able to fight like hell and pulled thru and has been cancer free now for 9 years. if you need to talk ANYTIME at all, i am here for you sweetheart. ANYTIME. (((HUGS)))

Cruella

Alexa, I only know you through your lovely FOTD pics but I will most definitely keep your dad in my thoughts.

Shawna

My dad went through a similar thing with prostate cancer and they told us to make sure his will was in order because there was nothing they could do for him. That was 6 years ago and he has fought bravely and is cancer free. I will pray for you and your family because it sure helped with my dad. Hugs

melozburngr

I feel for you! Its VERy hard to see someone you thought was 'invincible' such as a father, or a grandfather or any family member for that matter get sick and come so near passing away. Just keep hope and be with him, thats all you can do. 2 years ago, my grandfather told me that he was dying, and he was one of the strongest people I know... and it was heartbreaking to see him become so weak, he and I were very close...... I cried everytime I went to the hospice (he refused to let anyone help him until the end- he barely stayed there a week before passing) its a very hard situation, and I wish you the best...