I Quit!!!!!

MissMarley

Ok, I was really nice and gave three weeks notice so they'd have extra time to find a new full-timer....but I quit Clinique!!! No more pre-sell, no more crazy GWP customers, no more destroying my body standing for nine hours on a tile floor....

Yeah, the circumstances that led me to quit are bad- found out I have a heart condition that means I can't do such physical work (not that it keeps my employer from asking me to unload 50-lb boxes of freight even with my doctor's note). But getting to leave that place feels like a 500-lb gorilla off my back. I will happily be an Associate Consultant (freelancer) for them, but never ever will I go back behind the counter again. I'm going to be FREE!
th_DANCE.gif

Meryl

I hope your health will be fine...
yes.gif

Is it that bad working for Clinique? Do they give you quotas, is there much pressure to sell? Is that part of the problem with working for them?

I love Clinique's skincare line and buy it repeatedly. I guess I'm just curious what it's like to work with them.

.Ice

I know how it feels to be free girl.. best feeling ever.. i used to work for macy's as a sales associate... most stressful year of my life (shocked I even stayed that long).. that place is HELL!!! Hope you get better
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Good for you! I worked for Clinique for two years while in college and disliked it almost the entire time so I can relate a bit. Sorry to hear about your heart condition.

TISH1124

Good for you!!! I wish you much success...brighter things are ahead for you I am sure...my bestfriend works for Clinique here and every single week she swears it is her last!! She also talks about the GWP customers and what a nightmare it is to deal with

User38

*Claps* -- nothing like being free and independent!... take care of your health first and you will see that all will work out fabulously!
smiles.gif

IDontKnowMomo

You'd better take good care of yourself!
I'm glad to hear you've let go of something that wasn't exactly good for you
smiles.gif

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I'll bet you're all sorts of relieved! Any good plans for your free time?

I have a second interview at a software company on Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed/good vibes coming/prayer heading my way!

ashley8119

Congratulations on your freedom!

I know what you mean about having a hard time at work sometimes because of a heart condition, I have mitral valve prolapse and an arrhythmia (tachycardia)...it really sucks, it makes it hard to do too much physical work.
ssad.gif

NeonKitty

Ugh, I would love to know what the working conditions are at the Clinique counter. I've been pretty loyal to their skin care products (I have a ton of it), but I won't buy from a company (yeah I know it's the same company as mac) that treats their workers poorly.

Recently I went to a Clinique counter and they treated me like I was of a lower caste than them, until they pulled out my file and discovered that I tend to drop $200 or more a visit. Then they were kissing my ass. I won't go to that counter again.

BEA2LS

good for you! i remember you were getting sick of them. good luck with your heart condition, too. you have to do whats best for you.
out of curiousity, what was the final straw for you? I am only asking because I almost took a job with them and regerted not taking it for the longest time.. i remember when you said good things about the company (it was around the same time i was interviewing). was it the economy do you think that made the job worse? or was it more than that? sorry for the questions, I just have always been curious about what it might have been like to work there.
best of luck with future jobs
smiles.gif
i decided to stay in my office job and i really think it was the best decision. make-up is a passion of mine but working where i do is stable and probably better for me.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley
I have a second interview at a software company on Tuesday, so keep your fingers crossed/good vibes coming/prayer heading my way!

Good luck!!
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif
th_thstars.gif

SmokeSignal16

Sorry I'm late on this topic I just happened to come across it lol. But good for you leaving! I work for Clinique too and they don't actually treat us poorly they actually treat us really well it's just the department store that are assholes! I work for Macy's and I totally hate it! Especially what is going down in the next couple of weeks. I have been looking for other work but I can't quit right now because I need the money for school. But yeah they do give us pressure when it comes to GWP and then making appointments for other events and what have you, and the customers can be horrible on top of that. I know for me also not only would we get a lil lecture from Clinique about making sales/quota and all, but our store manager would be a total bitch about it too! She wanted to be number 1 and she just really made us all feel like crap because we didn't blow out NorthPark, seriously this is Firewheel, we are like seriously? North Park is an A store and we're like C, at a totally different level then them...so glad she's gone now..But anyways I hope you do find something else! I love my associate consultants, their the best! But best wishes and take care of yourself, I hope to be liberated soon too lol.

MissMarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Sorry I'm late on this topic I just happened to come across it lol. But good for you leaving! I work for Clinique too and they don't actually treat us poorly they actually treat us really well it's just the department store that are assholes! I work for Macy's and I totally hate it! Especially what is going down in the next couple of weeks. I have been looking for other work but I can't quit right now because I need the money for school. But yeah they do give us pressure when it comes to GWP and then making appointments for other events and what have you, and the customers can be horrible on top of that. I know for me also not only would we get a lil lecture from Clinique about making sales/quota and all, but our store manager would be a total bitch about it too! She wanted to be number 1 and she just really made us all feel like crap because we didn't blow out NorthPark, seriously this is Firewheel, we are like seriously? North Park is an A store and we're like C, at a totally different level then them...so glad she's gone now..But anyways I hope you do find something else! I love my associate consultants, their the best! But best wishes and take care of yourself, I hope to be liberated soon too lol.

Yep, it wasn't Clinique, it was Macy's. That place is a hellhole.

pumpkincat210

I'm so sorry to hear about your heart condition. The stress of not working there will help your heart alot since stress and heart conditions go hand in hand. Take it easy and find something you can do on your own time, little pressure and if you are a crafty girl you could make stuff to sell.

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMarley

Even better, you learn your way around software/internet, you could bank off of self promotion. It seems to be highly popular and profitable if you can learn some of the more difficult stuff...I hate html.