I want MAC cheeks!

annikay

I'm stuck. I'm going to London (and MAC, yay!) in ten days, and I've been able to narrow my choices down to these. I appreciate *any* feedback and suggestions on them! And feel free to recommend me any others you might think would be good!
smiles.gif
I don't like anything too dark (I'm NW15) or too frosty (my skin is oily), or anything peach/orange and I am a bit sick of wearing light pink blush. If you have any fotd's or swatches, a link would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mineralize Blush
-Gentle
-Warm Soul

Mineralize Skinfinish
-Soft and Gentle
-Petticoat

Powder Blush
-Strada
-Cubic
-Trace Gold
-Well Dressed

I'm also going to get MSFN in Light and Slimshine in Bare or Long Stem Rose, but my blush does not have to match my lips. And if it helps, I usually wear black mascara with Photogravure liner on top lash line, Earthline on lower, taupe/light brown eyebrow pencil and wax and Bare Study or Groundwork on lids. So with my light/natural/neutral eyes and lips, I need a special cheek colour!
smiles.gif

kittykit

I love Cubic! It was recommended by the MUA when I told her I wanted something that's natural. It's a beautiful colour
smiles.gif

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikay
I'm stuck. I'm going to London (and MAC, yay!) in ten days, and I've been able to narrow my choices down to these. I

Mineralize Blush
-Gentle This is a wonderful color. I am also light skinned.
-Warm Soul

Mineralize Skinfinish
-Soft and Gentle
-Petticoat This makes me break out. It's the only MSF that does. But, it is a lovely color.

Powder Blush
-Strada
-Cubic I love this color. It's nice for everyday use.
-Trace Gold
-Well Dressed
*Dame* I added this one because to me, it's the perfect everyday pink. It has just a little bit of shimmer but nothing over the top.

As for Bare Slimshine, it turns brown-ish on me. Hope that helps a bit.
smiles.gif
And lucky you. Going to London. So jealous.
yes.gif

Heiaken

I definately recomend Warm Soul. I'm NC/NW15 and I love it on me, it gived you a nice natural glow
smiles.gif

Ladydee91500

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikay
I'm stuck. I'm going to London (and MAC, yay!) in ten days, and I've been able to narrow my choices down to these. I appreciate *any* feedback and suggestions on them! And feel free to recommend me any others you might think would be good!
smiles.gif
I don't like anything too dark (I'm NW15) or too frosty (my skin is oily), or anything peach/orange and I am a bit sick of wearing light pink blush. If you have any fotd's or swatches, a link would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mineralize Blush
-Gentle
-Warm Soul

Mineralize Skinfinish
-Soft and Gentle
-Petticoat

Powder Blush
-Strada
-Cubic
-Trace Gold
-Well Dressed

I'm also going to get MSFN in Light and Slimshine in Bare or Long Stem Rose, but my blush does not have to match my lips. And if it helps, I usually wear black mascara with Photogravure liner on top lash line, Earthline on lower, taupe/light brown eyebrow pencil and wax and Bare Study or Groundwork on lids. So with my light/natural/neutral eyes and lips, I need a special cheek colour!
smiles.gif

Okay - so Gentle is a really beautiful light/medium rosy pink

Well dressed - is a nice baby pink... very nice for an understated look or great for smokey eyes and that sort of bare face. Even if you wear alot of pinks/purples its not overkill.

I like the skinfinishes - but sometimes i feel like they can be a bit too toooo much.

The slimshine in Bare is a nice color - its not nude on me - but its a nice light creamy/brown. Its odd on me because its not peachy or pinky but not really brown either - its pretty versatile and if you're a fabulous pale chick too - then this color may be pretty nice - and with lip glass you can play up the undertones to whatever you need. its a fab everyday color.

My current favorite color is the plum de blah blah from the COC collection...

FiestyFemme

I love Trace Gold. It gives my cheeks a gorgeous golden glow, great for summer or when you don't want a lot of color on your cheeks competing with the rest of your makeup. Bare is a HG of mine, a neutral nude pink on my medium pigmented lips. Hope you find what you're looking for!
smiles.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Strada is really pretty. I'm the same coloring as you, and I use it for contouring, or on my cheeks when I don't want a lot of blush. Dollymix is really pretty. I know you said you were sick of light pink blushes, but this one's a bit more intense, and it's what I wear when I have neutral eyes/lips. It's not as scary as it looks in the pan! It's really buildable, and it's one of my favorites.

Hemons

I too am pretty fair skinned (NW20) and I love, love, love the mineralized blushes. Gentle will be beautiful on you! Warmed Soul is great for summertime or for a natural flush especially if you are playing up you eyes that day. From the permanent line, I think you would also like Dame and Dollymix. Both Dame and Dollymix can be as sheer as you'd like or they are also buildable too. Have fun!!!

annikay

OK let's see...

I don't like to have to be careful with my blush, because I easily put on too much and look like a clown so even though I'd love Plum de Bois on someone else, it's not for me. Same for Dollymix.

I have decided not to get a pink one since I have worn it all my life and really do need a change, but Gentle is still on there - the raspberry tone and golden shimmer save it from looking too familiar.

I am concerned that the MSFs might be too frosty, Strada too matte, Trace gold just plain gold and Cubic and Strada might turn peachy on me.

I am definitely leaning towards Bare instead of Long Stem Rose now, I like it that it's an in-between or a neutral colour, so a million thanks for those comments! I'll try on both though!

As for blush, it'll probably be Gentle or Warm Soul but I will have to check the others out at the counter. I can't wait to see them in real life and I'm so jealous of you who live near MAC stores! (The ONE counter in Finland is hours away, so I'm stocking up on my London trip where it's cheaper anyway.)

Thank you all, you have been really helpful. I love this forum!

th_happy1.gif

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I love Trace Gold. It gives my cheeks a gorgeous golden glow, great for summer or when you don't want a lot of color on your cheeks competing with the rest of your makeup. Bare is a HG of mine, a neutral nude pink on my medium pigmented lips. Hope you find what you're looking for!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

with warm soul trace gold is one of my fav blushes.

here's a FOTD wiht trace gold and merrily http://specktra.net/f166/natural-gold-fotd-116018/

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
iagree.gif

with warm soul trace gold is one of my fav blushes.

here's a FOTD wiht trace gold and merrily http://specktra.net/f166/natural-gold-fotd-116018/

It does look good on you! And Warm Soul suits you SO well (I've seen an fotd of yours with it)! I'm as light as you (a couple of typical Finns we are hehe), but my skin has a pink undertone and yours has yellow. I'm hoping Warm Soul will suit me too, if not there's Gentle
smiles.gif
I might have to even get them both if I can't decide
tong.gif

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by patatafrita
I'v just seen you didn't want any pink blushes, sorry!

Well it was good to see it anyway, and if all else fails I'll know that there's always Well Dressed
smiles.gif

Dani California

Just wanted to add that I am very pale, with pinky undertones and I just LOVE warm soul, its the perfect neutral blush. Gorgeous and totally different from pink!!

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani California
Just wanted to add that I am very pale, with pinky undertones and I just LOVE warm soul, its the perfect neutral blush. Gorgeous and totally different from pink!!

Yes, Warm Soul and MSF Soft and Gentle are definitely the frontrunners at the moment
smiles.gif

Hemons

I thought of another one for you. Have you tried the mineralized blush in Nuance? It's a peachy shade with a hint of bronze and subtle shimmer. It's really pretty. I think it would look beautiful on you.

Heiaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
I thought of another one for you. Have you tried the mineralized blush in Nuance? It's a peachy shade with a hint of bronze and subtle shimmer. It's really pretty. I think it would look beautiful on you.

Nuance is really pretty, one of my favs ttoo, but it was LE with Sonic Chic so I doubt many stores/counter have it still.

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
Nuance is really pretty, one of my favs ttoo, but it was LE with Sonic Chic so I doubt many stores/counter have it still.

That's fine, because I hate anything peachy on me anyway
smiles.gif
Now the Girl Friendly Paint Pot from Fafi, that one I regret not getting from LEs of the past
ssad.gif

Latest posts