I was embarrassed

miszjenny

Hi everyone! I hope everybody's having a great summer. It's been a stressing summer for me in the contrary. There was this pageant that I got forced to join in April and they held it this saturday Aug. 16th. I was terrified knowing that I will be performing by myself. I chose to dance instead of doing something cool like putting make up on someone hehe coz i thought it would be easier and faster just to dance... hmm not to mention i can't dance lol. Anyway, so the day finally came and i was terrified and beyond nervous. I know ppl could notice my tensed face (oh goshness); i felt like a dead person trying to smile. It came to the scariest moment i didn't want to get on stage... i had to dance last. Everybody did their talents just fine and this little girl did a tahesian dance and everybody had fun. Grrr I got intimidated by her coz she's gonna make me look bad me dancing hawaiian dance. It was so embarrassing enough for me to stand in front of a lot of ppl and to perform a dance(when i know i can't dance) waaaaaa i was crying inside. I did most of the steps good until i got to the part where I need to look at the ppl on my back and shake my buns lol. Grrrr i saw these ppl looking at me and i got hysterical. I was so embarrassed so i stopped dancing. I was supposed to do a freestyle but I decided not to do it anymore and ppl where like looking at me and i was standing there half dead! I did a pose so ppl know i was done dancing lol. it was so funny and even i laugh at myself. now i just need to tell everyone what had happened at the pageant to make me feel maybe a little better. I feel so stupid right now =(. So now I am blaming myself kekeke for choosing to dance when i know i can't dance :-(. sigh

cre8_yourself

wow.. that sucks that you were embarrassed.. but i woulda loved to see you do the "im done pose".. its good that u were able to laugh about it to yourself.. but tell us again.. how did u get "forced" into the pageant?

User93

I think you should let it go, and not punish yourself or think about it. What happened happened. That very moment you felt that the best thing to do, you were nerveous. Everyone has a right for that. Trust me ppl gonna forget it soo. Its better if you dont force yourself to do things you dont feel like doing. Cmon, if only you knew how many times i did embarassing things!

I'll cheer you then : Me, taking a temporary secretary job for 2 weeks. Its my 2 nd week at work. I've been already sending to everyone letters with congratulations for someone's birthday the previous week. So ok, here is this man's b day. I google a really nice pic with blue flowers, masculine, yep. I'm hella proud of my designer skills, i make a letter and send to everyone this announcement. HOWEVER, i had to mistype guy's last name, yea? See, thats fun, thats all about how you take it. And i could go on & on & on, keep in mind
winks.gif

Shaquille

it's good to share to make you feel better.. you'll let it go somehow and in the future you'll laugh about it..
well, it was good because sometimes it's not things you did that you regret.. it's things you didn't do..
smiles.gif

Lauren1981

i think you had it right the first time when you said you thought it was funny! as embarrassed as you were i commend you for laughing at yourself. i laugh at myself all the time. even when i or someone else has embarrassed the h*ll outta me. LOL! i laughed at myself the other day at work because i was gassy and i farted at my desk because no one was around and AS SOON as i let it out EVERYONE came around me. ........ i could tell people knew and i was embarrassed but the sh*t was funny as hell.

so just laugh it off. you're embarrassed but you had a lot of courage to get up there and do it regardless of the fact you feel you can't dance
winkiss.gif

Lauren1981

you inspired my new thread. i think it'll help to make you feel better to read other people's embarrassing moments ;-)

k.a.t

I think it's good that you can laugh at yourself though, i can rearely do this i think i take myself too seriously. I need to loosen up, but yeah it could've been MUCH worse.

babiid0llox

Aaaw... I'm like you too. I get so embarrassed dancing, singing or anything like that in front of people. The only fear I've gotten over was public speaking.

Hehe hugs to you, you're so cute!
tong.gif
By the way I can't dance either.

alienman

I think the fact that you went out there and did something like that is just awesome and it'd definitely be a story to tell to your grandkids someday. It sounds more like a memorable moment than something to be humiliated about. Sure, I can understand it being embarrassing at THAT moment, but afterwards, anybody would envy you for having had a chance to dance in front of an audience. It just sounds really cool.

miszjenny

aww thanks everyone for all the kind and inspiring words. i feel much better now... ppl still talk about it but who cares?!? you guys are right, i should be proud that i had the courage to go up there and tried my hardest to dance =)

Latest posts