I will loose my job...

Susanne

I will get to know today which schools are looking for new teachers after the summer vacations. It is exciting, I hope to find enough schools where I can make an application!

Holy Rapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_lily82
"Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming." - Finding Nemo

This quote has been keeping my spirits up as I am currently looking for a job too. I've been looking for almost 5 months now and it's been tough to think about living expenses, school loans to pay back, etc... Keep looking (or swimming, whichever you prefer) everyday and don't be afraid to reach out to people for help or connections. Just gotta keep up hope that something great will open up for you! Good luck!

Exactly what I "keep singing" to myself when am low
smiles.gif

_Ella_

Keep your head up Susanne, search for jobs and send them your resumee. You will find something, any school should be happy and lucky to have you there and I bet parents would be happy if you were their childrens teacher!

Best wishes from Aachen!

Krasevayadancer

Susanne, I am very sorry that you have to go through this.

You are a wonderful person, and there is no doubt in my mind that something better will come up for you
th_hug.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I found 10 schools in my area today where I would like to work. Maybe one will take me??
smiles.gif

I hope so dear
th_hug.gif

When are you going to find out?

Ernie

Quote:
I found 10 schools in my area today where I would like to work. Maybe one will take me??
smiles.gif

Start sending your resume's, I'm sure they would be lucky to have you. It's a good thing you got to come to NY!

MacAddict_Sami

I am so sorry to hear Susanne... I totally understand what you're going through, I was just laid off as of April 30th and it's HARD trying to find something else...But you're such and AWESOME person I KNOW you'll find something in your field asap!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I hope so dear
th_hug.gif

When are you going to find out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Start sending your resume's, I'm sure they would be lucky to have you. It's a good thing you got to come to NY!

I will send my resumes now to the schools and hope they will invite me for a job interview in June.

I loved being in NY!! And I want to come next spring again, so I must find a new job
winks.gif

coachkitten

Quote:
I will send my resumes now to the schools and hope they will invite me for a job interview in June.

I loved being in NY!! And I want to come next spring again, so I must find a new job
winks.gif

Good luck Susanne! And a little bimbo magic as well
th_thstars.gif

luvsic

Susanne, I am so sorry. Your post made me really sad
ssad.gif
I hope that everything works out for you, and you go on to find a new job and a great school!!

Life can be very unfair sometimes, but that is what makes us stronger. You will get through this hardship!!

AudreyNicole

Oh no Susanne! I am so sorry. I know how hard it can be. I stay at home with my boys, and Drew was recently out of work for several months.

Please keep your chin up, and think positive thoughts. A great job will come along for you. With your wonderful personality, kind heart, and hard work, you will find something in no time. Love you!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Oh no Susanne! I am so sorry. I know how hard it can be. I stay at home with my boys, and Drew was recently out of work for several months.

Please keep your chin up, and think positive thoughts. A great job will come along for you. With your wonderful personality, kind heart, and hard work, you will find something in no time. Love you!

th_hug.gif
It means a lot for me.

Thank you all!! I appreciate all your posts!

Jessica0984

I am sorry Susanne! I am going through the same thing. I finally found a job but after I was sick for ten days they said I could either resign or get let go so I chose to resign. I was still in my probation period and I was hoping they could work with me but they chose not to. Hope you find something soon!

Susanne

My boss has offered me last week to stay one more year at my school - it was a big surprise!
smiles.gif

I had to think a few days about the offer because it won't be a full-time job like now and so I will get less money. But I have decided to take this offer - I can keep on working with my students there and I am sure it will be worth one day!

Ernie

Quote:
My boss has offered me last week to stay one more year at my school - it was a big surprise!
smiles.gif

I had to think a few days about the offer because it won't be a full-time job like now and so I will get less money. But I have decided to take this offer - I can keep on working with my students there and I am sure it will be worth one day!

Susanne, that's great news! At least you have time to figure out a strategy. Congratulations.
winkiss.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
Susanne, that's great news! At least you have time to figure out a strategy. Congratulations.
winkiss.gif

Thank you!

I got a bike yesterday
winks.gif
I hope to save some money not using my car every day!
I will abandon a few things in the next months, but not my MAC. I have started to save for the fall collections.

I am sure it was the right decision because I listened to my heart.