i wish i had

iamlelilien

Are there any items of clothing that you wish you had, but no store seems to have anything like what you're looking for? Share here.

I wish I had a ruffly or layered miniskirt. Preferably black, or black with a pattern.

Sonya Adams

THESE dresses in big-girl sizes. Grrr. I just can't bring myself to buckle down and spend more than $100 for someone to create one special for someone my size (and especially since RETAIL these gorgeous things go for $68, which for the amount of fabric and the mass-production is too much already, in my opinion).

And an XL with a 32" unstretchable waist? PLEASE. That's as far as they go? That's just plain mean to those of us fat girls. And I'm sorry, but a 3x is NOT a size 18... and THAT is not a 36" unstretchable waist, either! (hmph. rant over.... I want these dresses).

%232082-Gwen-Mermaid-Dress-Pi.gif

DLLDR-01-GRY.jpg
boatnk%20blue.jpg

nwbty-02blpnk.jpg

medusalox

Leopard print that doesn't look tacky.

I know it exists, I've seen it on people, but I cannot, for the life of me, find any!

faifai

Knee-high black leather wedge boots with a black heel. Everything I find seems to be suede and has a paler heel than the boot.

TeaCup

Shirts that actually fit correctly.

If it fits my boobs (36 D-DD depending) is too big on my waist. If it fits my waist my boobs are smooshed!

litlaur

I've been searching for the perfect pair of cords. I bought my favorite pair from AE four years ago, and they're wearing pretty thin...everything I find now is either too thick, too stretchy or the wrong cut.

Katja

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
A hooded cloak or a cape! I really, really, really want one!!
eyelove.gif

I want a black hooded cloak, too!

d_flawless

definitely.

nice brown leather knee-length stilletto boots (can't find these anywhere)
navy fitted cropped peacoat
slouchy, but good wool, creme sweater
well-fitting black trousers w/o a tapered leg
decent black flats, with a non-rounded toe
cute hoodies...i love black for being a basic color, but for the life of me, i cannot find a cute one with details or something to make it more dressy
and
an oversized white tote that doesn't look cheap, yet doesn't cost a grip

Dreamergirl3

ok, so I read this thread last night and I was going to post what I've been looking for but I went to sleep instead. Well, today, I found my 'wish i had' item!!!

I've always wanted a trench coat, but in a bright color and with a full skirt-ish bottom, one that would 'twirl' when I turned.
AND I FOUND IT TODAY!!! The best part? I found it at Styles For Less for 29 bucks. I just have to take it in to fix some stitching and to tailor it so it will fit me perfectly, and change the buttons (the plastic shiny black buttons it has cheapen it, IMO) I just can't believe I found it haha. Just gotta wait for a warm day or Spring.

Now, if only I could end my hunt for my perfect, shin length, fitted, hooded, ivory wool peacoat!

Shimmer

knee high caramel colored boots.
a soft sweater in emerald green that didn't make me itch to hell and back.
peeptoe shoes that didn't hurt my feet.

Deirdre

A deep (but not burgundy) red leather shoulder bag big enough to fit my laptop, with three interior pockets, a strap to lock it in the center pocket, and an outside pocket/across the whole bag. I have a purse like this, it's just not quite thick enough. The straps can be held, and the bag doesn't drag along the ground, or put over my shoulder. This makes me sigh every time I look at my crappy, little, dying, fake-croc briefcase.

Bernadette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
http://www.swankysvintage.com/

$68!!! And Gwen Stefani wears lots of their stuff (or at least used to!)

Thank you thank you thank you! This might be my favorite new website, so much cute stuff. This is looking like a Valentine's Day dress
greengrin.gif

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
THESE dresses in big-girl sizes. Grrr. I just can't bring myself to buckle down and spend more than $100 for someone to create one special for someone my size (and especially since RETAIL these gorgeous things go for $68, which for the amount of fabric and the mass-production is too much already, in my opinion).

And an XL with a 32" unstretchable waist? PLEASE. That's as far as they go? That's just plain mean to those of us fat girls. And I'm sorry, but a 3x is NOT a size 18... and THAT is not a 36" unstretchable waist, either! (hmph. rant over.... I want these dresses).

TOTALLY concur.... what's THE most annoying thing too is, these are all styles which look wonderfully flattering on curvier figures. Marilyn Monroe was a slightly bigger girl after all and SHE looked fab!!!

Latest posts