I would be in love with this brand if it weren't for...

Beauty Mark

If Too Faced offered more colors in their eyeshadow singles, I'd probably be more invested in the brand. I really like the texture, payoff, etc., but they have so few singles and I don't like the way the duo colors aren't separated

What brand(s) have one flaw that keeps you from being obsessed with it? Everything is perfect about it but that one thing you can't ignore?

BadBadGirl

Anna Sui's makeup- I can't find it in stores anywhere! I know VS started to sell it, but it's not cheap and I don't want to buy it without seeing it in person.

jdepp_84

I agree on the too faced thing. I have to say also BE mineral makeup, I really like the line, but it seems like a lof of there stuff looks chalky, which sucks cuz I get all excited and buy it, but when I try it I have to usually return it
ssad.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I also have to name Too Face, but not because of the shadows, which I like and plan to get, but because everything is uber glittery and sparkly. It is too much and seems a little cheap at times.

I would be esstatic is Stila produced more shadows, and made cheek colors I could wear. But I
heart.gif
Stila regardless.

tsukiyomi

I want Ana Sui makeup so badly but the website confuses me and I wish they sold it in stores.
ssad.gif
you said VS sells it? I love Too Faced but I've never tried their shadows. Lash Injection is awesome.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiyomi
I want Ana Sui makeup so badly but the website confuses me and I wish they sold it in stores.
ssad.gif
you said VS sells it? I love Too Faced but I've never tried their shadows. Lash Injection is awesome.

OMG! I went to link it to you, but her makeup is no longer on the site?:confused: It was on there- I used to compare the swatches to items for sale on ebay. Wow that really sucks now. I don't like the pictures on her website.

You like the Lash Injection mascara? I've been wanting it for a while....have you used Lancome Hypnose or Benefit Bad Gal? I'm trying to pick between those three mascaras.

astronaut

I agree with Too Faced. I really like their shadow singles (the duos are crap IMHO). They really need to release more shadow shades! The founder's too busy getting botox. I saw him on VH1 bragging about getting 4x more botox than the average botox user lol. Get the ball rolling! We want more! (And I'm sure you want us to spend more!) I also think Too Faced needs to rerelease their full sized brushes! I love those teddy bear hair brushes! Best, softest brushes ever! Natural hairs make me itch and other synthetic brushes feel cheap like Urban Decay. The hairs are always crimped which looks nasty. Too Face really makes awesome brushes!

claresauntie

Armani.

I would be in love with this brand if it weren't for the fact that I am limited to ordering it online, as it isn't sold anywhere near my home.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I agree with Too Faced. I really like their shadow singles (the duos are crap IMHO). They really need to release more shadow shades! The founder's too busy getting botox. I saw him on VH1 bragging about getting 4x more botox than the average botox user lol. Get the ball rolling! We want more! (And I'm sure you want us to spend more!) I also think Too Faced needs to rerelease their full sized brushes! I love those teddy bear hair brushes! Best, softest brushes ever! Natural hairs make me itch and other synthetic brushes feel cheap like Urban Decay. The hairs are always crimped which looks nasty. Too Face really makes awesome brushes!

rofl.gif
I saw that one also! Some people are a piece of work. I was envious that he got Chanel products delivered to his house to pick and choose which he wanted though. Must be nice *daydreams*

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I also think Too Faced needs to rerelease their full sized brushes! I love those teddy bear hair brushes! Best, softest brushes ever! Natural hairs make me itch and other synthetic brushes feel cheap like Urban Decay. The hairs are always crimped which looks nasty. Too Face really makes awesome brushes!

OT
Too Faced had full-size brushes? (I'm partial to long-handled brushes, myself). I just got the California Compact and Kabuki from Nordstrom. And I am in LOVE with this brush.

They make other brushes out of the same hair like this one?

Back on topic....

I would be in love with NARS es like I'm in love with their blushes if they wouldn't crease on me. (Their blushes beat MAC hands down -- Of course, I'm speaking from an NW45 point of view).

Lissa

Probably Nars if it didn't have that rubbery packaging, might be just me but I just don't like it...it gets covered in makeup smudges very easily

flowerhead

Too Faced products are really amazing, you shouldn't be put off by that! I think they wanted their single shadows to be more simple/classic and their duos to be funner.
And the founder sounds repulsive, guys getting botox is just tragic..

Skan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
Probably Nars if it didn't have that rubbery packaging, might be just me but I just don't like it...it gets covered in makeup smudges very easily

Very true!

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhead
Too Faced products are really amazing, you shouldn't be put off by that! I think they wanted their single shadows to be more simple/classic and their duos to be funner.
And the founder sounds repulsive, guys getting botox is just tragic..

Actually now that I read that about the founder, I kind of don't want my money so support someone who's that casual about botox.

I really prefer working with singles is the problem, and I don't like how the colors in the duos touch, if that makes any sense. I prefer the palette shadows to be in little pans of their own as opposed to being in the same one.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa

It's not just you, but if they didn't have the rubberized packaging, there is a higher probability that your product would crack. Since they are more pigmented, there are fewer binders so they aren't has hard/stable as other powder products. It's rubberized for a reason.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
OT
Too Faced had full-size brushes? (I'm partial to long-handled brushes, myself). I just got the California Compact and Kabuki from Nordstrom. And I am in LOVE with this brush.

They make other brushes out of the same hair like this one?

Back on topic....

I would be in love with NARS es like I'm in love with their blushes if they wouldn't crease on me. (Their blushes beat MAC hands down -- Of course, I'm speaking from an NW45 point of view).

Yeah they used to have large full sized brushes. I myself only have the angle blush brush and eyeshadow shader brush (which I use religiously everyday!). They now only have the kabuki and a teddy bear hair brush set out which has shorter handles. I'd definitely get the set still because it's all about the hair! But the thing is, I don't like buying sets because there are some brushes I want, and some I don't need.

pookus

I would love Shu Uemura if they had a better selection of glosses and a better staffed counter at my Nordies. (OK I actually DO love Shu but I want it to be better lol)

I would love Mally Beauty if their product line was more extensive and you could ever go to a store and see the products in person.

Love Always Ivy

my thoughts exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Would love makeup forever if they made palettes. That would be super
smiles.gif