Illamasqua Discussion

LisaOrestea

Im not too impressed by this collection. The only thing I am interested in is the 4 colour pallette but I already have the gold one
ssad.gif

I might get it anyway then sell my gold one on here as it is barely used. I'll have to try the other colours at the counter I think
smiles.gif

I think dystopia was just too hard to top haha.

highonmac

Must haves from Illamasqua

Hi Ladies! The boyfriend is in the U.S I he is going shopping for me! We don't have Illamasqua here in Canada so I really want to know what are some must haves!!

Anything is welcome!
greengrin.gif

Ayiti

Re: Must haves from Illamasqua

Lipsticks: Test, Brink
Intense glosses (If you like opaque glosses): Mistress, Temper
Blushes: Rude, Libido

lindas1983

Must admit i'm not impressed at the new collection at all, there is nothing in it at all for me. I'm a proud pale girl so that the bronzers and body oils out for me, (volt might have been ok but not a big fan of body oil full stop), the liquid metals crease like crazy on me so that those out too, and i've already plenty of way cheaper nail polishes that I don't need to be spending £13 on a new one when i probably already have that colour in a cheaper brand.

I was really looking forward to a new illamasqua collection as I just loved dystopia. Had my fingers crossed for a nice new eyeshadow palette and maybe some new blushes and lippie colours but overall I really think illamasqua dropped the ball on this one, I can't see it appealing to a wide range of people.

starlaj

I have just bought the 4 color metal palette , ill let you know my thoughts when i get it , i am an avid Illamasqua supporter...... everything they do has so much thought put into it,and im always buying more ,and less of MAC these days.

kissmypinkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindas1983
Must admit i'm not impressed at the new collection at all, there is nothing in it at all for me. I'm a proud pale girl so that the bronzers and body oils out for me, (volt might have been ok but not a big fan of body oil full stop), the liquid metals crease like crazy on me so that those out too, and i've already plenty of way cheaper nail polishes that I don't need to be spending £13 on a new one when i probably already have that colour in a cheaper brand.

I was really looking forward to a new illamasqua collection as I just loved dystopia. Had my fingers crossed for a nice new eyeshadow palette and maybe some new blushes and lippie colours but overall I really think illamasqua dropped the ball on this one, I can't see it appealing to a wide range of people.

I feel exactly the same. There's not a single item i will be buying from this collection and i'm genuinely disappointed with it
ssad.gif

PinkBasset

I got the new kabuki brush and all three nailpolishes from Body Electrics. I'm still thinking about the gleam cream, it looked so pretty on my hand, but it somehow disappeared in few minutes? Maybe it would last longer on my face.

I absolutely love Illamasqua brushes, they are superb! I highly recommend them.
yes.gif

The body oils were very sheer, the bronze one didn't come out bronze at all, only goldish shimmer - no colour. Volt was almost the same but it was with violet/blue shimmer. Pretty, and I was about to buy Volt, but again, it was so subtle on my hand that I could barely see it (and the con was that I could see the shimmer on my clothes which I do not want make up to do - transfer to my clothes!).

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlaj
I have just bought the 4 color metal palette , ill let you know my thoughts when i get it , i am an avid Illamasqua supporter...... everything they do has so much thought put into it,and im always buying more ,and less of MAC these days.

OMG I want this sooo bad I can taste it! Are you in the UK? I guess its supposed to come out in May in the US. I cannot wait!
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif

thelove4tequila

Well guys after waiting what seems like FOREVER I finally made my first Illamasqua purchase from Sephora. Its still not here yet but I'm super excited. I hope all the hype lives up to my expectations.

cindel25

I wished they branch out in other stores cause every time I checked Sephora, they don't have the color nailpolish I want. Even sold out online.. ugh.

marlojean83

Did anyone enter the nail polish competition? They'll be announcing the winners soon and I can't wait to see what colors they selected! All of the entries they announced on the blog a few weeks ago were incredibly inspiring.

m_floffy_boes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindas1983

I'm insanely pale, and I have to say I have the total opposite opinion about this collection!
I'm a lot paler than MAC NC15, yet I bought the darker body oil. I like to use it on my chest and arms, and down the front of my legs. It adds a nice bit of colour and shimmer, but not so much that it takes away from my pale skin. I love it.

And the gleam cream is just beautiful. I can't believe no-one else here has raved about it! The consistancy is that of a thick moisturiser (and if I recall correctly, it has some moisturising agents in it?), and the colour is just beautiful. I hope they make it a part of the permanent collection.

Illamasqua, for me, is just going from strength to strength. While before I was an avid MAC follower, I'm becoming less and less interested in what they have to offer.
Aside from their lipsticks, and the odd collection, it's all dull to me.

Illamasqua are actually making some waves, for such a new company, and the quality of their products is brilliant.

And the staff (in the trafford centre at least) are lovely.

LisaOrestea

I have just agreed a swap for the satin primer and surge liquid metal - really excited to try these out
greengrin.gif

Although body electrics didn't interest me (I hate most cream products so that probably has something to do with it) I do agree with the poster above that illamasqua is fast overtaking MAC in my eyes! (aside from the lipsticks, It will take a pretty special brand to tear me away from MAC lipsticks :p)

I really want to try out their foundation but I'll wait til I can get to london and get properly matched up - I never trust buying foundation online.

user79

I posted swatches of the collection on my website. I think the liquid metal quad is beautiful, but the downside is that yes, it does crease. Which is very disappointing as the colors are lovely and perfect for summer. The bronzers are very pigmented. The nailpolish colours are really cool, but somehow I found they don't really go so well together with the overall feel of the collection. The other products are more about the bronze and golden tones, and the polishes are like really bright colors. I just didn't really think that fit so well.

LisaOrestea

^ I thought that about the nail polishes :S it would have been better if they had released metallicy ones I think - maybe to match the colours in the liquid metal palette.

I recieved my satin primer and surge liquid metal. I am kind of undecided on them. I wore them both for a show last night and when I first applied the satin primer I thought it made me look a little shiny - normally when I do gigs, I come off looking REALLY shiny anyway so I thought that I was gonna look awful by the end of it, but the shine didn't actually get any worse during the course of the evening, which was weird (but good.)

Surge isn't as nice as Solstice. Its alot creamier and therefore is SOOOO creasey. Its such a shame cause the colour is lovely. Also, because it is so creamy I had a really hard time getting my topliner to go on properly
ssad.gif

EDIT: Just thought I would point out that I don't have oily lids at all. Solstice doesn't crease on me as a lid colour. So if you have oily lids anyway Surge is going to be an utter nightmare.

On the other hand, it looks gorgeous on the lips - so I do think I will keep it
smiles.gif

jenizzle

My current Illamasqua faves are Box lipstick with Femme lipgloss. Very much in love with Box, it's the perfect red for me and it lasts forever!

I got a makeover done with Nicola (from Fashionface/Pixiwoo) a few weeks ago in Belfast and I loved it, and got a good few things out of it that she had used on me. Lies cream blusher as a highlight and Rumour powder blush as a contour - these are perfect for pale skin like mine.

DILLIGAF

I'm really a fan of the Intense Lipgloss. For all intents and purposes its really liquid lipstick rather than lipgloss. Today I went to Sephora to exchange a MUFE shadow I already owned. Instead of the shadow I walked out with 2 of the Intense Lipglosses in Move (muted thistle heather? Who comes up with this stuff?) and Frenzy (dark pink). I get home and go through my bag ready to swatch again and maybe pair it with other lippies. I open Frenzy and my 1st clue that something was wrong was one of the flaps on the inside of the box was tucked in. Usually a sign that someone opened the package. I pull the gloss out and lo and behold its a TESTER!!!! Complete with the sticker that says TRY ME! To say I'm unhappy would be an understatement. It was after 10pm EST when I found this and unfortunately Sephora customer service is closed on Saturdays @ 5pm PT(8pm EST). Now I have to go back to this Sephora because the one closer to me doesnt sell Illamasqua. I still love the brand but now I'm extra wary of quality control at Sephora. Move was fine and untouched BTW. Just incase you were wondering.

thelove4tequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I posted swatches of the collection on my website. I think the liquid metal quad is beautiful, but the downside is that yes, it does crease. Which is very disappointing as the colors are lovely and perfect for summer. The bronzers are very pigmented. The nailpolish colours are really cool, but somehow I found they don't really go so well together with the overall feel of the collection. The other products are more about the bronze and golden tones, and the polishes are like really bright colors. I just didn't really think that fit so well.

Oh shoot! All I wanted was the metal quad but not if it creases.
ssad.gif
What to do?!?!

astronaut

I'm in love with Illamasqua's Phallic. It's my signature nail colour! And I'm also really liking their blushes. Similar to Cargo blushes so it's very pigmented, finely milled, and very easy to blend. I think they may be softer than Cargo though which I think is nicer
smiles.gif
I got Katie and it is a very light pink that brightens my NC30 complexion. Plus I'm a sucker for high fashion makeup brands like Illamasqua and MUFE.