Illamasqua Discussion

purrtykitty

Sephora has the two new Liquid Metals and Static Pigment as coming soon on their website. I signed up to get notified when they come in stock.

PinkBasset

The Illamasqua brushes are now 15% off for limited time on the Illamasqua online store!
smiles.gif

I'm in love with the new body electrics nailpolishes, they are hot! Also I got one cream blusher for highlighting, named Lies, it gives the most yummy dewy finish and slightly pinkish tone to the skin. It reminds me of Mac Shell Pearl beauty powder in cream form.
yes.gif
I'm really becoming an Illamasqua addict like the lovely MA said to me at Selfridges!
th_LMAO.gif

LeeleeBell

I am wearing Welt l/s today...SO gorgeous (purply-berry magenta)...and it stays put like all day over a balm and liner.

I just love it
kisses.gif
eyelove.gif

LisaOrestea

I ordered the Matt Primer to try in comparison to the Satin one.

Quick note: They are BOTH SPF20. The website states that only the satin one is, but on the back of the Matt Primer it says SPF20 - which makes me very happy
smiles.gif

I much prefer this to the satin primer - I will keep the satin one for winter when my skin is a bit drier but I prefer a more matte look.

My foundation (maxfactor second skin) went on really nicely over the top of this,and it looks really natural. I normally use either the GOSH primer or the ELF one but I think that this one makes my foundation look less cakey.

Im gonna try it tomorrow with my Lily Lolo powder foundation - this is my everyday one but I wanted to give liquid a go first because I find it harder to make look good.

Another note - I love the smell
greengrin.gif

mrsmalfoy

Hi guys! This is my first post on Specktra, I believe. Illamasqua is rapidly becoming my favourite brand. People have already raved about the products, and I'd just like to add my positive experiences with the staff. I've been to the Illamasqua counter in Fenwicks, Newcastle 3 times. Each time I was there, I was served by a different girl but they've all been so amazing. Really knowledgeable and helpful and very cheerful too. Huge rave for customer service.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmalfoy
Hi guys! This is my first post on Specktra, I believe. Illamasqua is rapidly becoming my favourite brand. People have already raved about the products, and I'd just like to add my positive experiences with the staff. I've been to the Illamasqua counter in Fenwicks, Newcastle 3 times. Each time I was there, I was served by a different girl but they've all been so amazing. Really knowledgeable and helpful and very cheerful too. Huge rave for customer service.

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
Nice to have you here with us!

I totally agree with you - I have never exprecienced better customer service anywhere else, Illamasqua is the best. I've visited the London Selfridges counter many times and every time the MAs are genuinely friendly and super nice! I always feel special when shopping there. I love that I can go there as my true self with all my piercings etc. without being given any weird looks. As a matter of a fact, I get compliments there!
tong.gif
Illamasqua has become very dear to me.
yes.gif

User38

my experience with Illamasqua has been excellent also.

I ordered online and had them sent to me -- and the package was lost in the mail and never arrived. I wrote to them and since I was going to be using some of their colors for a photo shoot and needed them asap, they Express mailed them to me as well as including a number of new items for me to try! I was really impressed and overwhelmed
smiles.gif
Needless to say, I have kept ordering from them and am more than happy with the service and with the products.

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmalfoy

They really are lovely, my auntie works at lancome in fenwicks so even if I'm just stopping buy to see her or look at something out, they always say hi to me and we have a chat, the girls are so lovely!

The new foundation colours are great and I think the website is genius, showing the foundation on people so you can pick who you look closest too... brilliant idea!!

The Light Liquid, Rich Liquid and Cream are all coming home with me soon

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
They really are lovely, my auntie works at lancome in fenwicks so even if I'm just stopping buy to see her or look at something out, they always say hi to me and we have a chat, the girls are so lovely!

The new foundation colours are great and I think the website is genius, showing the foundation on people so you can pick who you look closest too... brilliant idea!!

The Light Liquid, Rich Liquid and Cream are all coming home with me soon

I have the older formula of the light liquid foundation and the colour was 125. But now I noticed they don't have that shade anymore with the new one so I wonder should I pick 115 or 133?
hmm.gif
I'm NC15 with Mac.

Also I would love the try the rich liquid foundation, although I would be mixing it with a moisturizer because I think it would be too much on it's own regarding to reviews I've read!
smiles.gif

Please tell us how you like the foundations, I'm very interested to read your experiences with them!
yes.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I have the older formula of the light liquid foundation and the colour was 125. But now I noticed they don't have that shade anymore with the new one so I wonder should I pick 115 or 133?
hmm.gif
I'm NC15 with Mac.

Also I would love the try the rich liquid foundation, although I would be mixing it with a moisturizer because I think it would be too much on it's own regarding to reviews I've read!
smiles.gif

Please tell us how you like the foundations, I'm very interested to read your experiences with them!
yes.gif

I'd go for 133, 115 is more like an NW/NC10 or lighter. I've got the Rich Liquid in 125, not my colour
ssad.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I'd go for 133, 115 is more like an NW/NC10 or lighter. I've got the Rich Liquid in 125, not my colour
ssad.gif

Thanks, I'll try that!
smiles.gif
How was the 125 on you? What are you in Mac shades? I find the light liquid is extremely sheer (atleast the old formula) that is more like a tinted moisturizer. In rich liquid the colour has to be exact not to look weird. I don't know if the 125 would work if it wasn't so sheer, but I guess it's fine since I was matched at the counter.

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try that!
smiles.gif
How was the 125 on you? What are you in Mac shades? I find the light liquid is extremely sheer (atleast the old formula) that is more like a tinted moisturizer. In rich liquid the colour has to be exact not to look weird. I don't know if the 125 would work if it wasn't so sheer, but I guess it's fine since I was matched at the counter.

On me it was too dark and ashy looking, but it suits some people really well! I can't wear MAC foundation as they're all too dark, I got Studio Sculpt in Summer as an NC15 but it was too dark and I had Studio Stick then too which was NW15 but that's the darkest I get.
Rich Liquid is amazing, it's great when you want flawless skin!

aradhana

Quote:

I totally agree with you - I have never exprecienced better customer service anywhere else, Illamasqua is the best. I've visited the London Selfridges counter many times and every time the MAs are genuinely friendly and super nice! I always feel special when shopping there. I love that I can go there as my true self with all my piercings etc. without being given any weird looks. As a matter of a fact, I get compliments there!
tong.gif
yes.gif

i totally agree with regards to the excellent customer service! i go to the illamasqua in debenham's glasgow, and the mua's there are extremely friendly and approachable. i appreciate as well that they aren't pushy with their products!

DILLIGAF

Since we don't have an actual Illamasqua counter in the states I have to get my goodies at Sephora. I've already mentioned my love for their intense lipglosses. (I own 4). I know I'm a little late but I just want to jump on the blush bandwagon. I recently got my hands on Tweak. OMG!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Seriously I don't think I've been this excited about a blush since NARS Taj Mahal. I'm looking forward to owning more blushes from this awesome brand.

PinkBasset

^ Yeah the blushes are great, I own Rude and Lies (creme blushers). They are so smooth and dewy, I love them! I want to try some of the powder blushes too.
yes.gif

DollyGirl92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
Since we don't have an actual Illamasqua counter in the states I have to get my goodies at Sephora. I've already mentioned my love for their intense lipglosses. (I own 4). I know I'm a little late but I just want to jump on the blush bandwagon. I recently got my hands on Tweak. OMG!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Seriously I don't think I've been this excited about a blush since NARS Taj Mahal. I'm looking forward to owning more blushes from this awesome brand.

You could order online too! bit more choice on their website than Sephora.

I love Illamasqua's blushes too, Katie is my everyday blush

mrsmalfoy

Quote:

tong.gif
yes.gif

Yep, I love the feeling of being totally accepted! I'm Indian and quite dark-skinned so it's been a real struggle to find a good foundation, and I love that Illamasqua not only carries darker shades but also advertises using darker models. And pale-skinned ones, too! Not everyone has to be a medium beige/tan.

Another reason I felt compelled to comment on the customer service at the Newcastle counter is because, when I was being served, another customer came in. He'd been referred from a different counter (not the Lancome one!) and he wanted to work on his makeup for his drag act. They were just as polite and helpful to him as they were to me, as they should have been. Right after that, I went to the counter that had referred him, and picked up a lipgloss. When I had finished paying, the woman at the counter till asked "So was that really a guy back there?" and made a 'grossed-out face'. I was so shocked, I didn't even say anything. I am NEVER going back to that counter again.

Aaargh, even thinking about that woman is making me so irritated. I should have said something snarky to her.

LisaOrestea

I went and picked up a Rich Liquid foundation in RF210 yesterday. I have been wanting to try this for ages but I hate buying foundations online cause I always get the shade wrong! The guy who dealt with me in Selfridges (Mika) was without a doubt the friendliest and most helpful person I have ever encountered at any cosmetics counter.

I love how the staff at Illamasqua are so non-judgemental. I always find that MAC girls (baring in mind that I am from the UK, this may be different overseas) tend to look down at me because I am "alternative" looking. Wheras at Illamasqua they treat me the same as they would any other customer.

I also go talked into Pure Pigment in Static. Oh My God! The most gorgeous pigment in the universe. If anyone is considering buying mac's reflects transparent pink pigment...don't! This is like RTP x 1000000000. Its just beautiful! It looks gorgeous dusted over black eyeliner and also mixed with lipgloss
greengrin.gif

PinkBasset

True, Static is gorgeous! Two ladies at Selfridges stopped me and wanted to know exactly what I was wearing on my eyes (Urband Decay Ecstasy liner topped with Static).
smiles.gif
Also Android is beautiful, very sparkling!