Illamasqua Discussion

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misoxx
This brand is amazing. Its so unique and has such amazing colours. Everything is so pigmented, I want to try SO much of their products, inc the blushes and the liquid metals.

iagree.gif
Illamasqua is amazing!

I just did my manicure with Force, and I have to say Illamasqua nailpolishes might be the best ever, even better than my Chanel ones! I only needed one coat and it was completely opaque, no visible brush strokes and it dried fast. These are seriously good.

Also the powder blushes are extremely pigmented. One tiny tiny softest possible touch with a stippling brush and even then you have to be careful and blend alot. There are some amazing colours too!
yes.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
iagree.gif
Illamasqua is amazing!

I just did my manicure with Force, and I have to say Illamasqua nailpolishes might be the best ever, even better than my Chanel ones! I only needed one coat and it was completely opaque, no visible brush strokes and it dried fast. These are seriously good.

Also the powder blushes are extremely pigmented. One tiny tiny softest possible touch with a stippling brush and even then you have to be careful and blend alot. There are some amazing colours too!
yes.gif

I like their nail polishes a lot. But every time I take them off my nails look horrible
th_confused_new.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I like their nail polishes a lot. But every time I take them off my nails look horrible
th_confused_new.gif

How do they look horrible?
ssad.gif

LittleMaryJane

Hmm... I've used one Illamasqua polish and left it on for a long time and it was a green that I was afraid might stain me but it didn't and my nails looked fine.
th_dunno.gif

bis

Quote:
How do they look horrible?
ssad.gif

They look very dry and shattered and splintered. Not nice at all. I need to file them out and down. Never had this with another brand. I hope it was the one colour (one of the pastels) and will try again soon.
But in general my nails are not the best to start with. I am sure you are fine.
Chanel is still preferred over them.

But I might still get the nail polishes from the contest they will bring out in October
yes.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
They look very dry and shattered and splintered. Not nice at all. I need to file them out and down. Never had this with another brand. I hope it was the one colour (one of the pastels) and will try again soon.
But in general my nails are not the best to start with. I am sure you are fine.
Chanel is still preferred over them.

But I might still get the nail polishes from the contest they will bring out in October
yes.gif

Oh what a shame! My nails are horribly dry and pealing all the time (even I use hand and nail creams and oils and eat good fats, I don't know why they are so, or maybe I was my hands too much?), so I haven't noticed major differences between brands. But yeah, Chanel is always there on top too, even I have my love affair with Illamasqua.
th_wink3.gif

They seemed interesting, the new colours from the contest!
yes.gif

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
For anyone that has ordered off the illamasqua website to the US,what was the delivery method used?

I'm pretty sure it's Royal Air. Wait time is about a week.

Has anyone gotten the precision liners?

bis

Quote:
Oh what a shame! My nails are horribly dry and pealing all the time (even I use hand and nail creams and oils and eat good fats, I don't know why they are so, or maybe I was my hands too much?), so I haven't noticed major differences between brands. But yeah, Chanel is always there on top too, even I have my love affair with Illamasqua.
th_wink3.gif

yes.gif

Chanel is nail polish
love.gif

I like that Illamasqua does a lot of creme polishes. And the colours are really great.

If you find something to help your nails, let me know. I think my problem is typing all day long.
What are you using when you wash your hands? Soap?

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Chanel is nail polish
love.gif

I like that Illamasqua does a lot of creme polishes. And the colours are really great.

If you find something to help your nails, let me know. I think my problem is typing all day long.
What are you using when you wash your hands? Soap?

Yep, I do use mild soap many times a day when I wash my hands. It must be drying. I'll let you know if something will help to get them to break less.
smiles.gif

I just noticed that these Illamasqua polishes from Body Electrics (Force and Jo Mina, both cremes) do seem to chip quite soon. Although I must remind here that all polishes chip somewhat soon on me and I did quite a thick layer. Also these can be peeled off, I don't know if that's a good thing or not, I'm not a nail-person to the extent I know much about details when it comes to the world of nail painting.
winks.gif

Cerydwen

Does anyone know the opening date for Illamasqua's new flagship store? The articles I've read all say 'mid September', but it would be useful to have a date so I can plan ahead.

r.allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
Does anyone know the opening date for Illamasqua's new flagship store? The articles I've read all say 'mid September', but it would be useful to have a date so I can plan ahead.

If you have not found out yet, I am sure it is this weekend!

Misoxx

Quote:
th_wink3.gif

yes.gif

I always used to have terrible nails, so much so I kept them so short. I also always used to get red soreness right underneath the cuiticle and very dry skin. However I've recently been having them quite long naturally, ever since I started using Lush lemony flutter, which is a cuticle butter (ha, it's lush, what can I say?)

I know it isn't illamasqua, but this product deserves a mention as being such a nice cream for nails, it's worth giving it a try, a full pot is £5 but I've heard lush do give out samples to try. I hope this helps!

On topic, I never released Illamasqua's nail polishes are this good, I'm definatley going to try these. There always having really good offers on their site, so once I get paid, I may be paying them a visit. (and if a blush 'happens' to slip into my basket, then it is not my fault.) ;D

RedRibbon

To those asking about the flagship store, it opens today.

I can't wait for the release of the coppery coloured nail varnish.

Soul Unique

Oh it opened today!!! Why did I think it was going to be a midweek launch - nevermind,
th_LMAO.gif
thanks.

I don't know if this has been posted here, but I just received this in my inbox.

AW10 - the Art of Darkness

A place in which the lines between the real and the mythical, the past and the future, the living and the dead are never clear. A twisted world where anything can happen. Welcome to the backdrop of
your unreality.

A feast for the eyes, the Art of Darkness collection is a sumptuous
selection of jewel-like shades for eyes, lips, nails and body. From ruby
reds, to sapphire blues and emerald greens, accompanied by antique
golds, this mythical array of lavish tones is as intense as it is opulent. Indulge your extravagant side and revel in the otherworldliness of night-time make-up.

I like the look of the deep blue lipstick.

RedRibbon

Haha, no problem!

They had a bloggers' event on Saturday, if you Google Illamasqua blogger event then you can see swatches of the new products they are bringing out. My favourite is the nailpolish colour, the swatch I've seen of it is gorgeous.

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
OMG- that new lipstick
th_drool.gif
I have been looking for something like that FOR AGES!!!! Should I have a first Illamasqua haul?
graucho.gif

One lippy in between VV and TT won't hurt I guess.

I used to have a an electric blue metallic lipstick, that I boldly used to wear to school once upon a time [in the year 19 'o long]. I'm all for blue lipsticks!