Illamasqua Discussion

Cerydwen

I can't wait to get my hands on that blue lipstick, but I don't think I'll get away with wearing it to school, as I'm now the teacher ...
smiles.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerydwen
I can't wait to get my hands on that blue lipstick, but I don't think I'll get away with wearing it to school, as I'm now the teacher ...
smiles.gif

Aahh I see, never say never!
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
One lippy in between VV and TT won't hurt I guess.

I used to have a an electric blue metallic lipstick, that I boldly used to wear to school once upon a time [in the year 19 'o long]. I'm all for blue lipsticks!

It's amazing! Just saw that it is only available in europe tho
ssad.gif
weeping.gif
I really am almost crying
tong.gif

dirtyprincess

O my the new collection looks stunnung ! I cant wait to pick some things up
thmbup.gif
I have to be sensible and wait for payday though !!
Id like the new intense lipgloss and ore pigment i think although ill probably pick up a couple of things from the regular line and a nailpolish
th_DANCE.gif

dirtyprincess

I was also thinking of getting the new MAC magically cool powder but hmmm i may get one of the illamasqua powdered metals instead
yes.gif
as i think that these would be probably nicer and also a bit more grown up !

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
ssad.gif
weeping.gif
tong.gif

You can still order from the website, though, can't you?

Does anyone have any direct links to swatches of the new stuff? My googling attempt didn't give me much. I'm really interested in that blue lippy and maybe the polishes.

Soul Unique

Quote:
ssad.gif
weeping.gif
tong.gif

Oh nooo!

I just had a look, only available in the EU. Between now and next week I will visit the new standalone store and purchase the lippy/swatch it and if your dead set on it we can arrange a CP, if you like.

Here are some swatches taken from I Heart Cosmetics No *Disciple* though
ssad.gif

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/pigments.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...th22/059-8.jpg

RedRibbon

Some cheeky beggar was selling Disciple lipstick on ebay, both that and the brand new pigment that was only released to bloggers.

Tali at The Gloss Goss has a swatch of Disciple. Not sure if I can paste the link here as it might be spam but if you Google "The Gloss Goss", it's one of her recent posts.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMaryJane
You can still order from the website, though, can't you?

Yes, but that particular shade is EU only.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
Oh nooo!

I just had a look, only available in the EU. Between now and next week I will visit the new standalone store and purchase the lippy/swatch it and if your dead set on it we can arrange a CP, if you like.

Here are some swatches taken from I Heart Cosmetics No *Disciple* though
ssad.gif

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...2/pigments.jpg

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/c...th22/059-8.jpg

So sweet of you to offer but I really shouldn't buy anything until after VV.

Thanks though! And have fun at the FS store. That's gonna be awesome!
heart.gif
th_hug.gif

Also, it's not like Illamasqua things are LE.
graucho.gif
I love that about them.

Soul Unique

Quote:
Yes, but that particular shade is EU only.
ssad.gif

So sweet of you to offer but I really shouldn't buy anything until after VV.

Thanks though! And have fun at the FS store. That's gonna be awesome!
heart.gif
th_hug.gif

Also, it's not like Illamasqua things are LE.
graucho.gif
I love that about them.

No worries hun VV has me on lockdown too
yes.gif
and thanks, the store looks pretty kool - i'll definitely enjoy my time there lol.
yahoo.gif

martiangurll

Okay folks, I am an Illamasqua virgin, what are your recs for starting with this brand?

I was thinking the blushers look fabulous.

I am NC15-20, auburn hair, blue/green eyes...

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by martiangurll
Okay folks, I am an Illamasqua virgin, what are your recs for starting with this brand?

I think the cremeblush in Rude would look gorgeous on you! Also the powder blusher in Lover is very popular, it's a great apricot colour. Illamasqua blushes are _very_ pigmented and definitely something to give a try on, they are excellent.
yes.gif
I just got the powder blush in Kiss and it is so perfect for fall.

I also recommend the pigments. I have Android and Static and they are so divine, hypnotizing with all the sparkle like diamonds.

From the new fall collection I'm eyeing the new pigments, the new powdered metal Ether, Hermetic Intense Lipgloss and the nailpolishes.
drools.gif

r.allen

The products from Art of Darkness I am working for are Pure Pigments in Alluvium and Ore and the lipstick in Disciple. I have been waiting for this colour since Hannah Marshall's AW10 show. Then there's the Raindrops nail varnish from the competition and a whole host of pieces from the line as a whole!

r.allen

Quote:

Sealing Gel is a great product. To begin with I held out, using water with my eyebrow cake, but I thought I'd give it a shot and received mine yesterday. A majority of Illamasqua's products are multifaceted (for example, you mention the blushers - if you get a cream blusher like Rude suggested by Pinkbasset above, you can also wear it as a lip colour, killing two birds with one stone!): Sealing Gel turns even more of the line into flexible products. Powder eyeshadows become liners etc. And the staying power with this is A*!

r.allen

Also: do any Specktra members have the Medium Pencil in Vow and mind doing a quick test in the product swatch section? I have heard it is great for the waterline but I am actually mainly interested in using it on the lips with Absorb Intense Lipgloss over the top. I already use MP in Debonair and Torment on my lips with great results, and am looking for a my perfect nude lip in Vow (plus Absorb).

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.allen
Also: do any Specktra members have the Medium Pencil in Vow and mind doing a quick test in the product swatch section? I have heard it is great for the waterline but I am actually mainly interested in using it on the lips with Absorb Intense Lipgloss over the top. I already use MP in Debonair and Torment on my lips with great results, and am looking for a my perfect nude lip in Vow (plus Absorb).

Hi,

I googled the name of the pencil and these links came up which may be of help:

London MakeUp Girl: Rouge Bunny Rouge swatches and face

Visionary Beauty: Illamasqua Loose Powder, Eyeshadow in Wicked, and Vow Pencil.

martiangurll

I had no idea Illmasqua had pigments. My poor wallet. I think I will try a blusher and a piggie to start...

Thanks for the recs

aradhana

Quote:

generally, i've liked everything i've tried from illamasqua, but my faves would be:

cream blushers: dixie, sob

'torture' sheer lipgloss is a very good one...the mua called it universally flattering...

if you want to go for a bright eye shadow, i like 'taboo' which is a bright turquoise green...

one of the first items i tried from them was their illuminator in 'fondle'...it has a very nice light consistency.