Illamasqua Discussion

DILLIGAF

*raises hand* I have a question!

I've never bought Illamasqua, but I'm quite intrigued by the intense lip glosses. I want to purchase Glactic, Fierce, and Liason, but the latter two are not in stock. I would prefer to wait and buy them all at once since shipping to the US is pricy. Are these limited editions that will never be seen again so I shuold pounce on Galactic while it's there, or are Fierce and Liason likely to come back in stock within a reasonable time?
Fierce is currently available at Sephora. The other two appear to be UK exclusives. I have Fierce and I love this color.

Shadowy Lady

I bought a buncha Illamasqua stuff when I was in the US and love everything! Now I want to try their liquid foundation but since I'm in Canada and we don't have this brand here I have to order from their website. Does anyone know what my match would be? I'm NW25 more neutral undertoned.

Also, any other Illamasqua recommendation would be appreciated
smiles.gif

LeeleeBell

I am RF 140 and NC20ish (but more neutral than any MAC shade)...I think 145 could work for ya
smiles.gif

You can also order Illamasqua from asos and beautybay.com My favorite things are: Lipsticks (Welt, Drench, Scandal), RF foundation (blend it with oil free moisturizer), Satin primer and Unrequited Blush

RedRibbon

Their new liners out (I forget the name but one is black and the other is golden glitter) are brilliant.

Me and a friend went to their flagship store the other day and the SA applied it on her upper lashline and it is the best glitter liner I have seen.

It didn't budge off her eyes (we got caught in a torrential downpour during which I got water in my shoe and my umbrella broke) and it looks very subtle when the glitter pokes through the lashes.

The glitter consistency is perfect, you know you get some where the glitter is very sparse so you get two flecks of glitter on the lashline? Well this isn't like that, it is a thick line of glitter all the way through.

I swatched the black one on my hand, my hand got drenched in rain, I wiped it off with a tissue and wipes, I had a shower and it was still holding strong.

Ingenue

The gold liner is called Alchemy. Mine just arrived. I have a swatch on the back of my hand and it has NOT.MOVED. I love it. I also got the Hermetic lipgloss. It's absolutely gorgeous!

My only issue right now is that Illamasqua has gone from fast shipping to reasonable shipping to slow as hell shipping!
nope.gif
This order took 3 1/2 weeks. The first order I placed from them took less than a week.. shipping from London to the US. I don't even mind 3 weeks. But nearly a month is unacceptable.

Teggy

Two of the three lipglosses I want are in stock now. Just gotta wait for the last one so I can place my order. May as well wait to get all three since shipping is pricey and I'd much rather do it all in one go!

Ingenue

I just booked a job that's going to require a LOT of Alchemy for the required looks. I told them I'd need three more pens to make it happen... and no one flinched about my budget.

Sooooooooooooooooo.......

With worries about the shipping time, I'm going to have to see about placing another order this week.

Cerydwen

How good is the satin primer? I bought the rich cream foundation a couple of weeks ago and love the coverage, but am finding it a little drying. Do you think the satin primer would be the answer?

r.allen

I don't know about the rich foundation, but I have tried Satin Primer underneath Light Liquid and it has helped me a lot. Perhaps ask an assistant at one of the counters/Beak St. if they'd make you up with it to try out? I don't know if that would be permitted but it's the only way you can try it out I guess. Anyone know any amazing pre-make-up exfoliators whilst we're at it?

LeeleeBell

How good is the satin primer? I bought the rich cream foundation a couple of weeks ago and love the coverage, but am finding it a little drying. Do you think the satin primer would be the answer?

yes, I love the combo w/ the Satin primer (also have dry skin).I also blend RF foundation with an oil free moisturizer, it does wonders

BadBadGirl

The gold liner has my interest, but I noticed when Temptalia blogged about it, she said it was identical to MAC's superslick liner. Anyone had a chance to compare? I already have the gold liner from mac. It wasn't promoted as a glitter liner though? I swatched it before I bought it and it went right in the must have pile. I just never got a chance to play with it yet...

Teggy

Aww man, I don't like hearing that orders take a while. I can't even tell when mine will ship (...or has shipped). I'm not in a rush to get them, but I do like to get products in a timely manner.

Oh yeah, I got Fierce and Galactic. I'm royally bummed that Liason seems to be gone.

Hilde

I'm unfamiliar with this brand except for some YT videos mentioning them from time to time. What are things to look out for from illamasqua? From what I recollect it's a highly priced brand, so what are "worth it" products? If you know what I mean.

Teggy

I got my lippies a few days ago. Not happy. Fierce is all right, but I really have to pile it on to get the effect and the applicator is not user friendly. Galactic was a pale silver. PALE?! WTF?! Everywhere I've seen it, it looked gunmetal which is what I wanted. Also disappointed that Liason got canned. That one looked cool. Crud, I hope I can return these.

jenii

Oh wow, my makeup buying hiatus has lasted almost 3 years, so I didn't really know about this brand. Now that I do, I think that once I'm able to end the buying hiatus (no idea when, sadly), the first thing I'll do is try out one of their products.

Ingenue

Skipping on the nail polishes, but DEFINITELY getting the holiday lashes this time! I wanted Opulence last time and they sold out! Booooo! A very good friend is getting a pair for me for my birthday. Yippee!!!!