Illamasqua Discussion

Teggy

Starting to feel slightly better about my purchase...well at least with Galactic. For fun, I layered it over a smudge of black lipstick and then it gave me the look I was going for.

LisaOrestea

With Galactic I usually use a Black liner on my lips first and then smudge it inwards to make it look more gunmetally (I thought the same when I first got mine.)

It looks GORGEOUS over deep purples though! I have a Revlon dupe for MAC's Cyber and its one of my favourite lip combos :D:D

jenizzle

Illamasqua are leaving Ireland - Ive never been more disappointed..
ssad.gif
http://beaut.ie/blog/?s=asos

They still have their stand in Belfast. TBH, having it in BT2 was a silly idea. I never went in because it's not a nice place to be in (for me anyway!) and it should have been in Debenhams, it would've done much better business being beside and kicking the arses off of Urban Decay and Smashbox.

DILLIGAF

I'm unfamiliar with this brand except for some YT videos mentioning them from time to time. What are things to look out for from illamasqua? From what I recollect it's a highly priced brand, so what are "worth it" products? If you know what I mean.

I would start with their blushes. Its a perfect gateway drug... erm place to begin.

LittleMaryJane

I keep seeing the lashes in the emails they send and I want them more and more every time I see them. I'd almost never use them but I still want them!! I might splurge and get some, actually.

Ingenue

My friend bought me a pair for my birthday! She got me the 'Opulence' version (with the antique gold decoration). I can't wait to get them!

ThePowderPuff

Where to start with Illamasqua?

I want to try and test some Illamasqua but I have no idea where to start. Which products from Illamasqua are the best? In which areas are they unique? And what should I buy?

LittleMaryJane

My favorite products are first of all--the nail polishes! I think Illamasqua polish is my all time favorite.

I also love the intense glosses. The couple that I have tried have had awesome pigmentation and feel really smooth on your lips, not at all thick or gooey.

voguelamb

Illamasqua Must Have / Best Powder Eyeshadows

Hi Girls & Guys! Illamasqua has just recently opened near my place, and I was wondering, if I had to choose 10 Powder eyeshadows - which ones would I get? it's so hard to choose! I am after colours from any colour spectrum, matte or shimmery. THANKS!
pompom.gif

LisaOrestea

Thought I would share this with you guys.

I was about ready to swap on my RF210 foundation cause I thought it was too dark for me. I had tried using it twice before and it just looked stupid and masky on me. But I tried mixing it with their matt primer today (as in, actually mixing the two products together rather than using the primer, then the foundation) and it has lightened it up a bit, as well as making it a DREAM to blend out!

Really glad I managed to get this to work, cause the next shade down was ghostly on me :) there seems to be a pretty massive gap between their lights and mediums haha.

Took a picture (but its rubbish, sorry - only have a webcam) to show the finish :) really pleased with it.

also, I dont have to use concealer with this stuff! MAGIC!

PinkBasset

I absolutely love the look of the luxury lashes, but not the price eek! Especially when I want both, silver and gold. And I must agree with dilligaf, Illamasqua blushes are the best way to start with the brand, they are incredible! :) Both powder and creme.

Really glad I managed to get this to work, cause the next shade down was ghostly on me :) there seems to be a pretty massive gap between their lights and mediums haha.
Took a picture (but its rubbish, sorry - only have a webcam) to show the finish :) really pleased with it.

also, I dont have to use concealer with this stuff! MAGIC!
Looking great there! I really should try the rich liquid foundation and the primers soon. Plus I have to get the white or the ghostly pale shade to lighten up my other foundations.

r.allen

I got the new matte Nail Varnish on Friday, Scorn. I also got Jan. I have only just got around to having a play with them so I thought I would kill two birds with one stone! Posted a photograph on the Illamasqua swatch thread if you are interested in Scorch. Vampy Varnish's photograph of Jan on her blog is the most accurate I have seen, don't go by mine, I've just taken it at 20:05 so no natural light here in the UK at all. Apologies for the messy nail (I will tidy it up I promise!) I just did it and took a photograph on the iPhone for my other half and thought I may aswell share it on here aswell.

I definitely like the matte finish of Scorn. It reminds me of leather look leggings: leather look, not PVC/shiny/liquid look.

Ingenue

My Luxury Lashes just came in the mail... TO DIE FOR! I got Opulence (gold). They are A TRUE Antique Gold. Not bright and brassy, and not green. They are sooooooooooo beautiful. I can't wait to wear them! I'm thinking New Year's Eve...

DILLIGAF

My Luxury Lashes just came in the mail... TO DIE FOR! I got Opulence (gold). They are A TRUE Antique Gold. Not bright and brassy, and not green. They are sooooooooooo beautiful. I can't wait to wear them! I'm thinking New Year's Eve...

PICS!!!!!!

LisaOrestea

ooh I'd love to see a picture of you wearing them! I can't find any online and im trying to establish whether I would actually wear them.