Illamasqua Discussion

theprettycrush

Has anyone heard whether we will be getting Raindrops polish in the US? I'm starting to think we won't get that or the blush duos. They're so expensive on the Illamasqua site.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Has anyone heard whether we will be getting Raindrops polish in the US? I'm starting to think we won't get that or the blush duos. They're so expensive on the Illamasqua site.
I thought it was going to be exclusive to them,but I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, specking of the cost from their site, does anyone know why they don't remove the VAT from their prices for non-Euro orders? Every other company does so automatically. It makes about a 20% difference in price. I sent them a message about this, but they never responded.

theprettycrush

I thought it was going to be exclusive to them,but I'm not 100% sure. BTW, specking of the cost from their site, does anyone know why they don't remove the VAT from their prices for non-Euro orders? Every other company does so automatically. It makes about a 20% difference in price. I sent them a message about this, but they never responded.
Oh I never noticed that...I was wondering why the prices were so much higher. I hope they take pity on us and send Raindrops to Sephora.

aradhana

I thought it was going to be exclusive to them,but I'm not 100% sure.
BTW, specking of the cost from their site, does anyone know why they don't remove the VAT from their prices for non-Euro orders? Every other company does so automatically. It makes about a 20% difference in price. I sent them a message about this, but they never responded.
i think that it does...the prices that show up when i log in to my account are lower than the regular price...

allthingsmakeup

Question: for Dutchies
Does anyone know if this brand is (or will become) somewhere available in the Netherlands? I've seen the site but I think they are asking way too much shipping costs and I believe that's not even secured shipping. I heard some great stories about Illamasqua so if they would sell it in the Netherlands (and have an actual store) so I can swatch it that would be great!

Pinkdollface

Question: for Dutchies
Does anyone know if this brand is (or will become) somewhere available in the Netherlands? I've seen the site but I think they are asking way too much shipping costs and I believe that's not even secured shipping. I heard some great stories about Illamasqua so if they would sell it in the Netherlands (and have an actual store) so I can swatch it that would be great!
The are not available in the Netherlands unfortunately and I don't see them coming here anytime soon especially since Sephora will also go away:( The site has free shipping over 50 pounds, so maybe if you want to try 3-4 things that would be an idea?

allthingsmakeup

The are not available in the Netherlands unfortunately and I don't see them coming here anytime soon especially since Sephora will also go away:( The site has free shipping over 50 pounds, so maybe if you want to try 3-4 things that would be an idea?
Thanx ! I've seen a couple of blushes that I would like to buy. But do you know if the shipping is secured. Unfortunately i've had trouble before with unsecured packages form the UK they did not arrive.

Pinkdollface

Thanx ! I've seen a couple of blushes that I would like to buy. But do you know if the shipping is secured. Unfortunately i've had trouble before with unsecured packages form the UK they did not arrive.
I'm not sure about that, but I guess you can always ask them in an email. I'm guessing since it's a big company they would do their best to help you. I've never ordered from them so I can't tell from experience. Twice a package has gone missing that was send to me and both times it was from the UK. It's strange, because I've never had problems with packages from the US nor have I had problems with packages I send out to the UK.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I've ordered direct from Illamasqua twice, and I've never had problems with their shipping (I'm in the US).

katred

Specktra Bestie
There is an option to ship express, which is via Fed Ex and therefore gets tracked. It's more expensive, but if you've had problems getting packages in the past, it might be worth it.

They did apparently have a big problem with overseas deliveries earlier this year, but I think that this has been rectified. I just received my very first Illamasqua order yesterday and am very pleased with all the products thus far. Unfortunately, having finally decided that I wanted to get Shoot lip gloss, they were out of stock, but I'm still happy. Wearing Wisdom Precision Ink and Ambition blush today.

allthingsmakeup

I'm not sure about that, but I guess you can always ask them in an email. I'm guessing since it's a big company they would do their best to help you. I've never ordered from them so I can't tell from experience. Twice a package has gone missing that was send to me and both times it was from the UK. It's strange, because I've never had problems with packages from the US nor have I had problems with packages I send out to the UK.
That's bad you did not receive your packages twice in a row. Did they refund your packages from the UK? Well I only just found out that if you use Airmail postal service you have a tracking number that also works outside of the UK (till at your doorstep) only it will be twice as expensive! With packages from the US I never had any trouble either! And thanx for the advice!

allthingsmakeup

There is an option to ship express, which is via Fed Ex and therefore gets tracked. It's more expensive, but if you've had problems getting packages in the past, it might be worth it.

They did apparently have a big problem with overseas deliveries earlier this year, but I think that this has been rectified. I just received my very first Illamasqua order yesterday and am very pleased with all the products thus far. Unfortunately, having finally decided that I wanted to get Shoot lip gloss, they were out of stock, but I'm still happy. Wearing Wisdom Precision Ink and Ambition blush today.
Well also lots of thanx the more info the better ! I've checked out ambition blush and Wisdom Precision Ink very nice neutral colours. And me being a neutral girl, you just made me envy you
th_drool.gif
!

katred

Specktra Bestie
For any Canadian fans out there: apparently Illamasqua is coming to...

THE BAY!

Sephora has consistently decided against including the brand in their Canadian stores, since sales weren't high enough in the US, so apparently, Illamasqua has made a deal with The Bay for distribution starting later this year. I wouldn't have thought of this as a natural venue for Illamasqua, but I guess it's part of a larger effort to reach out to a younger clientele (like bringing in clothes from Top Shop). No word on whether they're getting the entire assortment, but it looks promising.

User38

that's great news for you Canadian ladies.. I love Illamasqua's blushes, the lipsticks (although always hear that they are drying.. but I love the colours and the mattness), as well as the foundations which offer a huge range of colours for paler skins.

enjoy!

aradhana

that's great news for you Canadian ladies.. I love Illamasqua's blushes, the lipsticks (although always hear that they are drying.. but I love the colours and the mattness), as well as the foundations which offer a huge range of colours for paler skins.

enjoy!
hello greyness! long time no see! :)

trina11225

Just brought Kontrol and maneater tonight, but will prob return Kontrol, that's too much like my inglot blue lipstick that I wear with the purple on top. I know that is not a color that I will wear a lot of. But it's pretty. Maneater is so hot, I have no idea how many dupes of that I have but I don't care. I like the name.