...I'm a homewrecker?

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
You didn't do anything wrong... I have the feeling there is something more to this story that he's not telling you...

iagree.gif
true.gif

What! Of course you did nothing wrong. I can’t even say he’s a big Jerk, he’s an A-Hole! That pervert is probably trying to guilt you into hooking up with him.

Girl about town

How dare he insinuate you are somehow a homewrecker!!!! you have done nothing wrong and if he gets divorced over a text about shoes it must be a strange relationship, either that he or she was looking for a way out!!! tell him to ram the boots hwere the sun doesn't shine!

Beauty Mark

Unless you were pursuing him (and it doesn't sound like you were), there's no need for him to be upset or blame you. Hell, even if he were seeing you on the side, he'd be accountable for his actions.

It sounds like his marriage has major issues if they're divorcing over a text message. My guess is he was behaving shady before with someone else, and his wife doesn't trust him at all because of it. In any case, it isn't your fault. He and his wife must have many issues that don't involve you

Mabelle

this is absurd. You didnt cause a divorce with a text message.
I can't believe this guy is trying to make you feel guilty for his shitty marriage. He needs a swift kick in the balls.

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAddict_Sami
You didn't do anything wrong... I have the feeling there is something more to this story that he's not telling you...

Exactly.

M.A.C. head.

I know I really don't need to say it again, but, YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG.

You were just doing a very nice favor for someone that you work with. I mean really, you just helped him get a discount on a gift that his daughter would love...there are obviously TONS of other problems in the relationship that have nothing to do with you.

Don't stress yourself over it, AND DON'T LET HIM TRICK YOU INTO BELIEVING THAT ANY OF THIS IS SOMEHOW YOUR FAULT. If he keeps calling and saying things like that, cut him off.

Dani

Thank you all SO MUCH for this...my love goes out to each and every one of you =3. I think I'm more worried at this point about seeing him at work when he comes back than anything else. =\

ohnna-lee

He probably is just trying to get some sympathy from a young thing.

I say f*ck em! I mean don't f*ck em.... you know what I mean. He sounds like a manipulator. I would steer clear or you could be the one taking on his insecurities and head trips.

Dani

Quote:
I say f*ck em! I mean don't f*ck em.... you know what I mean.

LLLLOOLLLLLLL this made my night. All this shit may have been worth it for how hard I LOLED at that. Thank you =)

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
Thank you all SO MUCH for this...my love goes out to each and every one of you =3. I think I'm more worried at this point about seeing him at work when he comes back than anything else. =\

I thought about that briefly and that could cause some issues, unfortunately.

Even if he doesn't talk to you, it may still make you feel uncomfortable, being around him. He may not say anything to you but there may be dirty looks, maybe even shit talking to/with other employees etc.

Test the waters for a few days. If things aren't going well, or if they change at any point, don't be afraid to tell your manager what happened and what's been going on. You may be able to get a transfer.

I would also let your parents know. You may be 18, but our parents are always our parents. If you have a good relationship with them, I think they will be the greatest asset to your side if anything happens.

This is a crazy situation. Good luck hon, and please keep us updated.

tiramisu

Oh Dani, you did NOTHING wrong. From the way you've described it, totally innocent help for a coworker to help him get a discount on a gift for his daughter and nothing more.

People do not get divorced over something so silly.
nope.gif
They obviously had much going wrong in their marriage and even this wouldn't be considered any "nail in the coffin" at all.
Thus, this man is a total a*hole for making you feel like YOU were the end of his marriage. Stay far away from men like that!! Run, don't walk. I am sure you'll never be as "friendly" with him again and for good reason. He probably blames his wife entirely for the demise of their relationship as well...

I also caught that they live in different states? Red flag there too.

Keep your chin up.

bebs

I would first of all agree with everything the girls in here have said about it and about him.

however let the situation be brought up to your boss before he does if you feel the need to.. just give them the heads up so that way you don't take the fall in anyway. just tell your boss his response made you uncomfortable and you wanted it to be known so if the situation comes up later the story is already there and its something they know about

one thing I've learned is doing that.. and letting them know you might have made a mistake but you were just trying to be nice.. you didnt know it would lead to this situation ..

mommymac

I don't believe you did anything wrong either, but that's not to say that your text didn't cause a big stink between your co-worker and his wife, my rule of thumb has always been to only return missed phone calls to my children or my husband unless a message was left to do so. I had a family member call me and go off on me only to hang up before she even knew who she had called, I called her right back and asked her if she was just going down her phone list and had she not recognized my voice, how embarrassing for both of us.

Destiny

You are not a homewreck and you didn't do anything wrong at all.

As someone else said, there is probably more to the story that you don't know about.

I have a feeling that they were on the verge of getting a divorce already and perhaps his wife saw your text message and made a completely FALSE assumption.

You did him a favour by being nice enough to buy his daughter shoes. If he allowed you to do that, what was wrong with you sending him a text message? It's not like there was any sexual content in the text message!

I think his wife is totally overreacting and like I said before, they were probably already on the verge of splitting up.

Do not let this situation put you down. You did absolutely nothing wrong.

That guy is an asshole for putting the blame on you. He should have at least gave you a warning about his insecure wife or something
thmbdn.gif

abbey_08

he might of been playing away recently (not with you obviously) and she saw that text and assumed he was doing it again? he dont seem to be telling you everything! people dont divorce over cowboy boots.

Dani

I love you guys. I really do. Thanks so much. I'm really shitting bricks about when he gets back though...

effboysinthebut

Yeah, I agree wtih everyone else. You didn't do anything wrong. You were trying to do a favor for someone. I agree with the more to the whole story thing too... Maybe he's had his hands in the wrong cookie jar and she suspected it and assumed you were the other cookie jar.

You did nothing wrong.