I'm confused about this

Makeup Emporium

It is possible that she did get these packaged like this at the Canadian warehouse sale. I don't remember seeing them but they did have another item not in the correct packaging that I did buy. They had Alpha Girl Beauty Powder in Hello Kitty packaging. The 2 Beauty Powders released with the Hello Kitty collection were Pretty Baby & Tahitian Sand. Alpha Girl was released with the Heatherette collection but they had it at the sale in Hello Kitty packaging!! If you look on EBay you will see multiple sellers all in Canada who have the Alpha Girl in Hello Kitty packaging; I am assuming they all bought it at the sale.

While at the sale I did not even realize that it was from another collection. In fact I did not even realize until today, when someone asked me about it, that it was from another collection. It's kind of overwhelming when you're actually there!!

So it is entirely possible that these are legit and she did get them from the sale. The batch code on my Alpha Girl states AA8 so it was packaged back in October of 2008. Either they were going to release it with Hello Kitty or perhaps it was a mispack?? The packaging is all the same as the other Hello Kitty and the Beauty Powder has the Hello Kitty face stamped into it and everything.

I am curious about the Alpha Girl and why they have it in the Hello Kitty packaging and have sent MAC an email to see what they say. Will update once I have a reply!!

<<<My email to MAC...Hi, I attended your warehouse sale in September in Markham Canada and bought a Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in the colour Alpha Girl. I did a search on the Hello Kitty collection and the 2 Beauty Powders that were released with this collection were Pretty Baby and Tahitian Sand. The Alpha Girl Beauty Powder was actually released with the Heatherette collection. Can you please advise why the Alpha Girl was packaged in the Hello Kitty packaging and not the Heatherette packaging at the sale? Was this simply a mis-pack that was being sold off? Your help would be appreciated as I am now a little confused. Thank you>>>

Makeup Emporium

A thanks to MACina for asking me about the Alpha Girl in the first place!! I know everything I get from the MAC sale is authentic (obviously as it comes directly from MAC) so I didn't even think to question that it was from the wrong collection. There have been so many it's hard to remember them all!
winks.gif

I guess the Hello Kitty Alpha Girl is even more rare then the Heatherette one as it was only available at the Canadian warehouse sale! I wonder if it will start to turn up to CCO's as I have noticed that they have a lot of the same product.

Like I said I do not remember seeing the Pink Poodle & Dreamy in the HK packaging but it is possible that it was. All I know for a fact was that the Alpha Girl was. I actually found it in someone else's sale thread here (they are from Toronto Canada) and there is a picture...
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f184/m...s-more-149572/

TheCollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I have always worked in the cosmetic industry behind the scenes.....I started as a Lab tech, then sales...then a Business Mgr.....20 years of sniffing, touching, feeling, duplicating...but it was fun! I am thinking about going back...one of the local cosmetic labs here called me yesterday...But I don't know yet

That is so interesting.. I would love to do that!!
heart.gif
I wonder if its too late to change careers??

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeup Emporium
<<<My email to MAC...Hi, I attended your warehouse sale in September in Markham Canada and bought a Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in the colour Alpha Girl. I did a search on the Hello Kitty collection and the 2 Beauty Powders that were released with this collection were Pretty Baby and Tahitian Sand. The Alpha Girl Beauty Powder was actually released with the Heatherette collection. Can you please advise why the Alpha Girl was packaged in the Hello Kitty packaging and not the Heatherette packaging at the sale? Was this simply a mis-pack that was being sold off? Your help would be appreciated as I am now a little confused. Thank you>>>

WOW pitiful customer service from MAC!! I emailed them about this on September 23rd and I STILL have not received a reply. I mean how hard is it to answer the question? I know it's legit as I got it from the MAC sale all I want to know is why it was in the Hello Kitty packaging. Not at all impressed with the lack of customer service.
thmbdn.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

The packaging looks legit, and the two actually look more like Nice Kitty and She Loves Candy more than what they're listed as. As to why these shades are in the special packaging, I have no idea. Try LiveChatting on the MAC website?

I also looked the Alpha Girls up on ebay. They all look like Pretty Baby to me. I think they must have messed up the manufacture and misprinted the wrong names on the labels?

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
The packaging looks legit, and the two actually look more like Nice Kitty and She Loves Candy more than what they're listed as. As to why these shades are in the special packaging, I have no idea. Try LiveChatting on the MAC website?

I also looked the Alpha Girls up on ebay. They all look like Pretty Baby to me. I think they must have messed up the manufacture and misprinted the wrong names on the labels?

My thoughts exactly...mislabelled that happens a lot in mfg....

lazytolove

Well i don't wanna insult the ebay seller but the products look very cheap to me. On the other hand, i went to the flea market a few times and saw lots of MAC counterfeit products and a major of them is the Hello Kitty collection. I hope that will help.

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

I thought that too at first. But I compared the HK Pretty Baby to the Alpha Girl in the HK packaging and they are definitely different (they sold both at the MAC warehouse sale). The Alpha Girl in the HK packaging is the same as the Alpha Girl in the Heatherette packaging and much darker than the HK Pretty Baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazytolove
Well i don't wanna insult the ebay seller but the products look very cheap to me. On the other hand, i went to the flea market a few times and saw lots of MAC counterfeit products and a major of them is the Hello Kitty collection. I hope that will help.

I've seen a lot of fake HK too and the packaging is not as good as this. BunnyBunnyBunny works for MAC and thinks the packaging is legit so it may just be. I have never known this seller to sell fakes and I do know that she does attend the warehouse sales in Canada so it is possible that she is telling the truth. I mean the Alpha Girl was at the sale in HK packaging instead of Heatherette packaging so why not other items? Perhaps MAC had a lot of the HK packaging left...anything is possible.

Makeup Emporium

<<Dear Ms. XXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C. We apologize for the delay in our response.

In response to your inquiry, Alpha Girl Powder was released with the Hello Kitty Collection and not the Heatherette Collection.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Global Consumer Communications

-----Original Message-----
Date: 09/23/2009 10:23:48 EST
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Subject: Another issue

NOTE: This email was received by Online Customer Service and Redirected to you for your direct reply to the customer.

Hi, I attended your warehouse sale in September in Markham Canada and bought a Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in the colour Alpha Girl. I did a search on the Hello Kitty collection and the 2 Beauty Powders that were released with this collection were Pretty Baby and Tahitian Sand. The Alpha Girl Beauty Powder was actually released with the Heatherette collection. Can you please advise why the Alpha Girl was packaged in the Hello Kitty packaging and not the Heatherette packaging at the sale? Was this simply a mis-pack that was being sold off? Your help would be appreciated as I am now a little confused. Thank you, Michelle>>

So I FINALLY received an email today in response to the email I sent MAC on September 23rd about the Alpha Girl in the Hello Kitty packaging. This is copied exactly and all I have removed (or XXXX'd out) was my last name, my email address and the ladies name who answered.

First of all that took them 20 days to respond...almost 3 weeks...to a simple question (as shown above).

Second of all their response was WRONG. MAC is telling me that the Alpha Girl was released with the Hello Kitty collection and not the Heatherette collection. WHAT????

I took the ladies name out but I should just leave it in. MAC Global Consumer Communications is SERIOUSLY telling me that Alpha Girl was released with Hello Kitty and not Heatherette.

I don't even know what to say...what kind of customer service takes 20 days to respond with an incorrect answer????????

shockt.gif
nonono.gif

TheCollector

^^ WOW. There has GOT to be someone you can contact about this? Maybe call customer support and they can point you in the right direction??

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
<<Dear Ms. XXXX,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in M.A.C. We apologize for the delay in our response.

In response to your inquiry, Alpha Girl Powder was released with the Hello Kitty Collection and not the Heatherette Collection.

We trust the above addresses your concern. We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX
Global Consumer Communications

-----Original Message-----
Date: 09/23/2009 10:23:48 EST
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Subject: Another issue

NOTE: This email was received by Online Customer Service and Redirected to you for your direct reply to the customer.

Hi, I attended your warehouse sale in September in Markham Canada and bought a Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in the colour Alpha Girl. I did a search on the Hello Kitty collection and the 2 Beauty Powders that were released with this collection were Pretty Baby and Tahitian Sand. The Alpha Girl Beauty Powder was actually released with the Heatherette collection. Can you please advise why the Alpha Girl was packaged in the Hello Kitty packaging and not the Heatherette packaging at the sale? Was this simply a mis-pack that was being sold off? Your help would be appreciated as I am now a little confused. Thank you, Michelle>>

So I FINALLY received an email today in response to the email I sent MAC on September 23rd about the Alpha Girl in the Hello Kitty packaging. This is copied exactly and all I have removed (or XXXX'd out) was my last name, my email address and the ladies name who answered.

First of all that took them 20 days to respond...almost 3 weeks...to a simple question (as shown above).

Second of all their response was WRONG. MAC is telling me that the Alpha Girl was released with the Hello Kitty collection and not the Heatherette collection. WHAT????

I took the ladies name out but I should just leave it in. MAC Global Consumer Communications is SERIOUSLY telling me that Alpha Girl was released with Hello Kitty and not Heatherette.

I don't even know what to say...what kind of customer service takes 20 days to respond with an incorrect answer????????

shockt.gif
nonono.gif

That is wack!

LMD84

yep 100% alpha girl was released with heatherette and not hello kitty. so i wouldn't touch this seller with a bargepole. even if they do just have info mixed up and the products are legit, you'd think they'd have the time to use google at least!

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yep 100% alpha girl was released with heatherette and not hello kitty. so i wouldn't touch this seller with a bargepole. even if they do just have info mixed up and the products are legit, you'd think they'd have the time to use google at least!

Hi, I think you missed the point of the post. It was MAC who stated that Alpha Girl was part of the Hello Kitty collection. If you read the thread you will see where the question came from...

MAC sold Alpha Girl in the HK packaging at their last warehouse sale in Canada. I sent them an email asking why it was in the HK packaging and not the Heatherette packaging as it should be. MAC was the one that came back (20 days after my email) and said that Alpha Girl was HK NOT Heatherette. So the point of my post was that MAC was wrong and their customer service was giving out incorrect info.

The Alpha Girl in the HK packaging is legit as it was being sold at the MAC warehouse sale in Canada. I was only trying to figure out why they changed the packaging and got an incorrect answer from MAC.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
EXACTLY!!!

I am at loss for words. I can't even explain how messed up that MAC email is!

sleepyhead

i think i can explain it. it's not a mislabeled. they are most likely legit since mac did release these color, but only in china AFAIK. i was in China when hello kitty was realised. i went to the counter for a back ups of popster, but the MA told me they are selling petting pink instead. and i definitely saw a beauty powder that's much darker pink than pretty baby. so it was probably alpha girl. the MAs told me they did the same special packaging of regular line items thing for fafi too

here are the lipsticks and lipglosses released in hello kitty packaging in China (not sure about the rest)

lipsticks
LOVELORN
PLINK!
FRESH BREW
CREME DE LA FEMME
BOMBSHELL

lipglass
LOVECHILD
REVEALING
DREAMY
OYSTER GIRL
PINK POODLE
LYCHEE LUXE

so yah... yet another reason why it's almost impossible to catch counterfeits these days...