I'm NEVER buying make up again!

mariecinder

I was browsing the combination sets on the Sephora website, like I always do. I came across a coulple sets that I already have and thought, "Have I ever even used any of those items?". Then I started thinking about ALL the make up I have that I hardly use. So I told myself, "I'm never buying make up again!"

Then...I laughed out loud at myself because I know that will not happen! lol

Have you ever looked at your collection of make up and thought the same thing?

florabundance

LOL i was so ready to come into this post and change your mind! But, no, i'm not at that stage yet where my collection is partly unused. Because i don't pay for my own shit, i try to buy things I know i'll use. I'm a sensible MAC-er
yes.gif

mizuki~

Yes, I do! I have a ton of foundation/shadow/lippies that I don't even touch and I really don't need to buy any more. I usually convince myself not to buy anything unless the packaging is absolutely irresistable. I'm a sucker for pretty packaging..

mariecinder

Packaging gets me too! Or some type of new innovation that makes it sound like its a miracle worker or something. I always tend to fall for that. Plus when I see FOTDs where a color I've been wanting looks so gorgeous on someone. I buy it, use it once, then forget about it. lol

And of course there's always that search for that HG item...thinking if you try just one more product it will be it! lol

Beauty Mark

I'm a sucker for certain colors, and I tend not to notice that this purple from Stila is similar to one in Nars.

I also occasionally have a habit of choosing colors that are gorgeous but won't work for my coloring, like some pinks

I've started keeping an Excel sheet of colors to keep track of what I own.

Blushbaby

I have a LOT of makeup but try not to buy duplicate shades unless they're items I use all the time.

I also have a spreadsheet detailing every item and shade I own so I don't end up repeat buying by accident.

widdershins

I totally relate to this. I have two perfectly good Too Faced combination sets that I barely even touch--so sad! I am going to try to use them more often, but I just get sucked in to getting more things. Hey it's better to buy makeup than drugs right?

Sugar Cane

I have so much make-up it is sick!lol And i am always buying more. Sometimes I will go through my own make-up and it is like a treat because i am like Wow!I didn't even know I had that! And i have re-bought the same item over!lol That is a good idea about the spreadsheet!lol

purrtykitty

Yeah, sometimes I feel like that, lol! And I also will buy the same shades over and over again, but I'm trying to be better! At least I've only bought duplicates a couple of times. Fortunately, I do tend to remember which colors I own.

hhunt2

Haha, I had the same thought about a year ago.

So I cleared out all my makeup & face products and gave it to "under privileged" teens. Luckly I knew a few teens (my husband's dad remarried a women who had 7 kids, so all his money goes to rent & food). I gave them all my unused stuff and they totally love it. Especailly all the Bath & Body Works stuff.

MissCrystal

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
LOL i was so ready to come into this post and change your mind! But, no, i'm not at that stage yet where my collection is partly unused. Because i don't pay for my own shit, i try to buy things I know i'll use. I'm a sensible MAC-er
yes.gif

im the same way i have about 30 mac e/s and i love and use all of them theres only like two that i dont really like and thats beauty marked and shore leave but the rest of them are good

Love Always Ivy

yeah thats where im at! i never use ANY of my makeup except the same few neutral shadows bc ive been super conservative and neutral lately and the same lipstick and gloss. the rest is just sitting there for god knows what reason!

mariecinder

I tend to use the same shadow combo every morning so I feel bad that all my pretty colors sit un-used! But that doesn't stop me from wanting more colors...lol

KikiB

I don't really reach for a ton of my Lancome shadows anymore...I dunno. I got them on whims just to get the GWP and I not only rarely use them but I don't use the GWP stuff either. I try and find some looks to do with them but I usually use my similar MAC ones instead-and similar is a bit of a stretch. I do consciously try to make sure that most all of my stuff gets some sort of use every so often though-I buy makeup to wear it and use it. Pretty packaging is essential, bien sur. It makes a colour I wouldn't normally wear seem all that more appealing.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
Haha, I had the same thought about a year ago.

So I cleared out all my makeup & face products and gave it to "under privileged" teens. Luckly I knew a few teens (my husband's dad remarried a women who had 7 kids, so all his money goes to rent & food). I gave them all my unused stuff and they totally love it. Especailly all the Bath & Body Works stuff.

That's a really great thing to do. I have often thought about giving away most of my makeup since I probably only use about 30 percent of it but I don't know who to give it to.

I don't think I've made any MAC purchased for a while, and by that I mean months. I was very tempted to buy the minerlized e/s (esp sea and sky) but I managed to pull away. I told myself that I need to stop as is I have more makeup than I can ever wear before it all goes bad. Besides I've decided to spend my money on my wardrobe and on jewelry
winks.gif

Shaquille

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariecinder
Have you ever looked at your collection of make up and thought the same thing?

ALWAYS!! But it didn't work
thmbdn.gif

SoSoAmazin

Yup! I just caught myself turning into a really bad makeup addict which is why I'm selling a lot of my stuff! I'm *trying* to cut down and be more simple
smiles.gif

Dizzy

I've said that so many times, but I never stick to it.

Though I've changed my a habits- instead of buying things on a whim from whatever company I want, I've tried to buy the staples from my favorite companies and try other things (that I know I wouldn't use as much) from drugstore companies. It helps even out my makeup love, my collection and my wallet.
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

I remember when i was the girl who only owned 6 eyeshadows, 1 mascara, 3 brushes, 1 foundation, 2 lipsticks, 0 blush since forever. Now i barely touch my things, i have over 80 pigments and it all goes unused because i've become overwhemled by them lol i dont even remember which looks like what anymroe. I envy my my old self =[. Its so hard to resist buying thens when you read the collection discussion in the forums, but i try not to read them anymore because everyone tempts me to buy things

elegant-one

Oh my gosh...I read your title & came here to talk you down off the ledge
lmao.gif

I got rid of mostly everything that isn't MAC with just s few exceptions like Bobbi Brown & Smashbox. I LOVE all my makeup...not parting with it - ever
winks.gif

Latest posts