IMATS 2011 Pasadena

LC

last year, everyone got the discount. that's the beauty of it :) otherwise, people wouldnt have much incentive to go!

Last year I only spent about 150, but I'm also a stubborn MAC whore (but i didnt buy anything at mac because i get a better discount with my pro card online...at the expo it was a less discount), so I wasnt comfortable venturing into many other lines.

Is 1000 including food, travel, hotel? If not then I'd say you're more than ok.

mommys-makeup

yeah so then everyone gets a discount? awesome!! well yeah I'd say food and gas would go in that budget and like I said I probably wouldn't spend everything but I just don't want to have to leave wanting something due to not enough moola on me!

LC

most of them took credit cards, but you may want to have cash on you anyway

mizsjr

There are A LOT of brands that are offering MUA discounts at their stands, but they WILL NOT sign you up for their pro discount programs unless you have more than just a business card to prove your profession (Makeup Forever, and OCC for example). There are also brands like Face Atelier that won't give you the discount unless you have your credentials on you, so it really varies. Be prepared to ask! :)

I'm excited to go this year! I'm going to The Makeup Show, too, and am hoping to participate in some of the seminars and workshops as opposed to just walking the floor.

LC

There are A LOT of brands that are offering MUA discounts at their stands, but they WILL NOT sign you up for their pro discount programs unless you have more than just a business card to prove your profession (Makeup Forever, and OCC for example). There are also brands like Face Atelier that won't give you the discount unless you have your credentials on you, so it really varies. Be prepared to ask! :)

I'm excited to go this year! I'm going to The Makeup Show, too, and am hoping to participate in some of the seminars and workshops as opposed to just walking the floor.
that's good to know, thanks, i'll make sure to bring my stuff with me :)

jyzar

[quote name="mizsjr" url="/forum/thread/169419/imats-2011-pasadena#post_2082365"]There are A LOT of brands that are offering MUA discounts at their stands, but they WILL NOT sign you up for their pro discount programs unless you have more than just a business card to prove your profession (Makeup Forever, and OCC for example). There are also brands like Face Atelier that won't give you the discount unless you have your credentials on you, so it really varies. Be prepared to ask! :)

[/quote] Thanks for sharing! ;) I will definitely be in IMATS Pasadena again, with my husband! ;D Since I live here in LA county, I am also planning to see TMS, and still thinking about it...

DILLIGAF

I'm going to IMATS in NYC however if the number of brands don't comptete with the one in Pasadena I will be going to the one in LA as well.

BeccalovesMAC

I had a couple ?s about IMATS 2011. I have never been there before. Do a lot of husbands go? Which companies go besides Makeup forever and Crown Brush? Usually what type of discounts do they offer?

Nicala

I believe they have information on the vendors on the website. And I'd assume the kids would need tickets as well.

DILLIGAF

I went to my 1st IMATS this past weekend in NYC. I have some time off in June and Im contemplating the flight out to LA.

Ingenue

I went to my 1st IMATS this past weekend in NYC. I have some time off in June and Im contemplating the flight out to LA.
Do it! We'd love to have you on the West Coast! I still haven't gotten my ticket yet... such a slacker.
lol.gif
I'm just coming for the brushes. I really REALLY don't need anything else... at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Ingenue

The discounts for most vendors can top 40%. They're really good. MAC is the only one that offers 20% (instead of the pro 40%) among the big retailers. MUFE is 40%... and that's reason enough for a lot of folks to go.

IMATS is a fantastic experience. I highly recommend it.

nychick1384

The discounts for most vendors can top 40%. They're really good. MAC is the only one that offers 20% (instead of the pro 40%) among the big retailers. MUFE is 40%... and that's reason enough for a lot of folks to go.

IMATS is a fantastic experience. I highly recommend it.

Thank you so much! Myself and several friends are going in June, but there are few friends who aren't going that want to send me with a shopping list for them (I'm such an enabler
girlhaha.gif
). Thanks again for your help!