IMATS Sydney

miss_bailey

Unless you want to pay the ridiculous shipping yes.
Although I wonder if you can pay for them and then pick them up on the day, they dont really have that option available on the site though.

And Ali, I'm only gonna go Saturday I figure that way all the good stuff will still be there since its the first day and well I just cant see myself needing to go twice. Maybe if I do I cna just pick another ticket up. But I would be willing to come shopping with you!! Are we thinking oxford st for pro store/mecca/kit/benefit/plus clothes galore?

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by with.the.band
This sounds so exciting! Especially because of the rumours (verified by the IMATS in London) that the Pro Cards were being given out without need for all the documentation. Does anyone think that this would happen during the Sydney one?!

I was thinking about this but I dont know, seems doubtfull. I havent heard of MAC doing that anywhere but London IMATS.

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Unless you want to pay the ridiculous shipping yes.
Although I wonder if you can pay for them and then pick them up on the day, they dont really have that option available on the site though.

And Ali, I'm only gonna go Saturday I figure that way all the good stuff will still be there since its the first day and well I just cant see myself needing to go twice. Maybe if I do I cna just pick another ticket up. But I would be willing to come shopping with you!! Are we thinking oxford st for pro store/mecca/kit/benefit/plus clothes galore?

But what about the SPEAKERS? That the main reason I wanna go! To learn some cool stuff :p But I dont wanna hear from Rae Morris :/ I saw her work in her book and its just, well, quite ordinary!

AND YES SHOPPING
greengrin.gif
Pro store is a MUST, but I'll have to fit a trip into DJs in there somewhere too :p

miss_bailey

hahah totally forgot all about the speakers, way to focussed on the goodies!
do you know who's speaking apart from Rae? I wish there was a timetable or something, IMATS doesnt seem too organised.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by with.the.band
This sounds so exciting! Especially because of the rumours (verified by the IMATS in London) that the Pro Cards were being given out without need for all the documentation. Does anyone think that this would happen during the Sydney one?!

WTF??? That's enough incentive for me.... *runs off to investigate price of airline tickets*

So if some of the interstate girls are converging on Sydney for the weekend something's telling me that a few of us might end up having a hangover on the Sunday...

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
WTF??? That's enough incentive for me.... *runs off to investigate price of airline tickets*

So if some of the interstate girls are converging on Sydney for the weekend something's telling me that a few of us might end up having a hangover on the Sunday...

yes.gif
th_LMAO.gif

miss_bailey

I was walking past the pro store the other night with a few drinks in me thinking "I wish MAC was still open". Im glad it wasn't.

MrsMay

Quote:
I was walking past the pro store the other night with a few drinks in me thinking "I wish MAC was still open". Im glad it wasn't.

th_LMAO.gif

boudoirblonde

Virgin Blue are having a sale at the moment!

Im thinking I might do;
-Fly over Thursday
-Fly back Monday morning

That way I have all of Friday to do DJs/city and then start on Oxford st
Are all the shops on Oxford open on Sunday?

Im coming by myself so Im hoping we can have a couple of dinners/go out on Friday & Saturday?
What does everyone think? Good plan?
greengrin.gif

MrsMay

^^ I'm hoping that I can make an excuse to fly to Sydney for that weekend and make work pay for it
winks.gif

If that is the case I will fly in Friday morning, work during the day, then I am free for the weekend and fly back sunday night. Fingers crossed I can organise it... otherwise I will have to try to convince my hubby that I need to fly to sydney... and my chances for that are slim to none!

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Virgin Blue are having a sale at the moment!

Im thinking I might do;
-Fly over Thursday
-Fly back Monday morning

That way I have all of Friday to do DJs/city and then start on Oxford st
Are all the shops on Oxford open on Sunday?

Im coming by myself so Im hoping we can have a couple of dinners/go out on Friday & Saturday?
What does everyone think? Good plan?
greengrin.gif

Ali, Im happy to hang out with you! haha Im happy to hang out with everyone really! And yes the shops will be open!
I think I need to start saving...

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Ali, Im happy to hang out with you! haha Im happy to hang out with everyone really! And yes the shops will be open!
I think I need to start saving...

YAY!
greengrin.gif

And yes, I need to start saving too! haha, but Singapore first
th_LMAO.gif

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
YAY!
greengrin.gif

And yes, I need to start saving too! haha, but Singapore first
th_LMAO.gif

Your telling me about it! Im going to London/ Scotland and NYC in July for a month ARGH! at least I live in sydney so wont ahve to spend on flights and accomodation!

boudoirblonde

Ok - they have now added the option of "will call pickup" to the site (FINALLY!!)
But also, shipping is now US$35! CRAZY TALK, will call pickup is definitely the way to go!

lol, I shall buy them next pay I think, too much being spent on RR this time around!

Jade M

I signed up for my pro card at the New York Makeup Show in 2006, and didn't have to go through all the documents etc - just had to fill in a form and hand over my credit card details for the fee, plus they gave me a flyer for a temp disc at the NY pro store until the real card came.

I have no idea if they will do it here like that, but it was sooo easy - they basically said the trade shows are supposed to be for industry professionals only, therefore that was evidence enough.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade M
I signed up for my pro card at the New York Makeup Show in 2006, and didn't have to go through all the documents etc - just had to fill in a form and hand over my credit card details for the fee, plus they gave me a flyer for a temp disc at the NY pro store until the real card came.

I have no idea if they will do it here like that, but it was sooo easy - they basically said the trade shows are supposed to be for industry professionals only, therefore that was evidence enough.

Holy shit, I am definately going to this year's then!! Fingers crossed I can pick up a pro card... maybe if I tell my hubby about that he will say yes to me going
winks.gif

the local MA's usually ask if I'm a makeup artist anyway lol.

MrsMay

well I sent my boss an email this week asking to go to a conference on the 15th & 16th of Sept in Sydney, and said that if I go then I could spend the Monday in our Sydney office as my scheduled visit...

fingers crossed she approves it and I will fly over on the saturday instead of the monday
winks.gif