IMATS Sydney

counterobsess

Hi everyone! New to Specktra - nice to meet some Aussies
smiles.gif

I've just booked flights and accom for IMATS - fly down Fri morn, back to Bris on Mon afternoon. Super excited! Can't wait for the speakers/education info to be released, that's what I'm really waiting for.

Secretly hoping Wicked has opened in Syd by then as well, although I'm not holding my breath
ssad.gif

lushlady15

I so desperately want to fly up for this, but I will be in London next year at the time it's on over there hmmmm decisions!

pinkvanilla

ohh I really want to fly down for this!

Does anyone know when exhibitors etc will be released? And if MAC are giving out pro cards I'll be on cloud 9!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

If we don't order tickets online, how much are they on the day?

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterobsess
Hi everyone! New to Specktra - nice to meet some Aussies
smiles.gif

I've just booked flights and accom for IMATS - fly down Fri morn, back to Bris on Mon afternoon. Super excited! Can't wait for the speakers/education info to be released, that's what I'm really waiting for.

Secretly hoping Wicked has opened in Syd by then as well, although I'm not holding my breath
ssad.gif

OMG! Your wish has come true!
choochoo.gif

They are going to Syd in September, I just got an email from Showbiz.
Im thinking might go on the Friday night? Would anyone else be in on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorchid
So where do we buy tickets for this? Is it best to wait for the day or something?

Well they are cheaper presale, order tickets online: Make-Up Artist Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvanilla
ohh I really want to fly down for this!

Does anyone know when exhibitors etc will be released? And if MAC are giving out pro cards I'll be on cloud 9!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

If we don't order tickets online, how much are they on the day?

Just saw on twitter that the following news on twitter;
-Oscar winner Howard Berger & the Narnia make-up team will be guest speakers
-Gino Acevedo of Weta Workshop will be a speaker

boudoirblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade M
I signed up for my pro card at the New York Makeup Show in 2006, and didn't have to go through all the documents etc - just had to fill in a form and hand over my credit card details for the fee, plus they gave me a flyer for a temp disc at the NY pro store until the real card came.

I have no idea if they will do it here like that, but it was sooo easy - they basically said the trade shows are supposed to be for industry professionals only, therefore that was evidence enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
I asked Kira about this whole thing and she had no idea about it and thought that the pro card thing was definitely sus.

Just saw this post on LJ: mac_cosmetics: IMATS 2009 and beyond

Looks like they wont be "handing out" PRO cards, sorry girlies!

I sent off my PRO card application & IDs today, Im secretly hoping it will arrive by the time I go to Singapore, but Im not holding my breath!

MrsMay

ok, so my seminar for that week just got approved... so Sydney here I come!!! not sure yet when I'm going to fly in, possibly Saturday morning, but not sure. Now I've gotta figure out where I'm going to book accommodation!!!

Paramnesia

Oh I wish I could go but there is no way I could afford it now that I'm moving (not by choice either grrr lol).

counterobsess

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
OMG! Your wish has come true!
choochoo.gif

They are going to Syd in September, I just got an email from Showbiz.
Im thinking might go on the Friday night? Would anyone else be in on that?

I've just bought two tix for the Fri night show! If my friend doesn't end up coming to Syd with me, I may have to come back to this thread and pimp myself out to someone willing to be my date for the evening
th_wink3.gif

Now I just need to wait for the seminar schedule and exhibitor list, and I'm a happy camper!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterobsess
I've just bought two tix for the Fri night show! If my friend doesn't end up coming to Syd with me, I may have to come back to this thread and pimp myself out to someone willing to be my date for the evening
th_wink3.gif

Now I just need to wait for the seminar schedule and exhibitor list, and I'm a happy camper!

Ok, it might be a bit early for me yet and my brain hasnt kicked into gear, but where can find out the prices of tickets? I might be interested in coming too...
smiles.gif

boudoirblonde

Ok ladies, so even though they wont be handing out pro cards at IMATS, apparently at LA IMATS they will be offering the PRO discount (i.e. 40% off in the US) on all products purchased at the show!

So thats something! (And definitely better than nothing
greengrin.gif
)

darkorchid

Will there be any info as to the exhibitors and stuff? I want to go, and I want to know whether to hold off on all makeup purchases till then! haha