IMATS Sydney

rockin26

^^ Let me know what flights you've booked and if I come I'll go on the same. One of my friends might come too, she did the same course as me and is freelancing too so she's quite keen
smiles.gif

xLongLashesx

Yay!

So I'm going on the Saturday-

DJ813 departing Melb 07:15am arriving Sydney 8:40 AM

Return:

DJ876 departing Sydney (6:15pm) arriving Melb 7:45pm

not too happy about the return flight being so early but it was only $39

rockin26

I went to the Academy of Makeup in Sth Yarra but I'm also planning on doing the theatre makeup courses at Swinburne later this year, which ones are you looking at?

xLongLashesx

Well I wanted to do cert 2 but I can't justify the cash unless I really want to do it. I don't really want to work as a mua, just as a hobby and something to do while at Uni.

So I thought I'd start with Swinburne's short course, it's $450 for one night a week for 12 weeks I think, just learning the basics. They include the makeup and the last session is a mac tour or something.. sounds interesting.

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
Well I wanted to do cert 2 but I can't justify the cash unless I really want to do it. I don't really want to work as a mua, just as a hobby and something to do while at Uni.

So I thought I'd start with Swinburne's short course, it's $450 for one night a week for 12 weeks I think, just learning the basics. They include the makeup and the last session is a mac tour or something.. sounds interesting.

Yeah it is pricey doing the cert II once you add product into it. I think only 3-4 of us from my course will go on to being working MUA's.

I looked at those courses but I only wanted to do the Advanced Fashion & Bridal one becuase the beginner one would only cover the stuff I've already done, but they won't let me do the advanced only even though I have a nationally accredited Cert II. Bugger! I really wanted to do the MAC tour!

billy_cakes

Hey ladies, just thought id let you know, hannahmei and lushlady15 and myself are coming up and stayling friday and saturday night and we can book a room with 4 beds if anyone is looking for cheap accomedation?

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_bailey
Yay mrsmay I'm glad your stating with us!

Yep, I will be there!! I just got my butt into gear and bought my tickets
yes.gif

Now I just need to organise my flights with work
winks.gif

MrsMay

probably not a bad idea as such, but we dont know how much they are going to be on the day, that's the problem. hell - they might even be cheaper, who knows??
th_dunno.gif

simplyenchantin

Nah I'm coming up the Tuesday prior and leaving on the 15th! Jetstar had $19 tickets for tuesdays and wednesdays 25 August - 15 September 2009
greengrin.gif
My brother and his wife and my gorgeous nephew live in Sydney so it's a good excuse to spend some time with them and cuddle my nephew lots
greengrin.gif

xLongLashesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin26
I looked at those courses but I only wanted to do the Advanced Fashion & Bridal one becuase the beginner one would only cover the stuff I've already done, but they won't let me do the advanced only even though I have a nationally accredited Cert II. Bugger! I really wanted to do the MAC tour!

Damn, I got confused and thought the MAC tour was for the first one! That's bizarre that they won't accept you into the second one without doing the first. I mean this isn't cert anything, just a short course and you're overqualified as it is! Did you email them just to make sure? You're a paying customer and all..
th_wink3.gif

xLongLashesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Nah I'm coming up the Tuesday prior and leaving on the 15th! Jetstar had $19 tickets for tuesdays and wednesdays 25 August - 15 September 2009
greengrin.gif
My brother and his wife and my gorgeous nephew live in Sydney so it's a good excuse to spend some time with them and cuddle my nephew lots
greengrin.gif

Aww!
love.gif

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
Damn, I got confused and thought the MAC tour was for the first one! That's bizarre that they won't accept you into the second one without doing the first. I mean this isn't cert anything, just a short course and you're overqualified as it is! Did you email them just to make sure? You're a paying customer and all..
th_wink3.gif

Yeah I emailed them about it and they said the trainer insists you have done the 1st course to do the 2nd one, regardless what qualifications you already have. I'm like
WTF2.gif