Inglot Cosmetics - European/Polish brand

cno64

I have to red eye shadows and are deeply impressed.

I am a neutral-eyeshadow person, and so far only have one gray and two plum-browns from Inglot, but I'm expecting more, three grays and one beige, to arrive today.
So far, my only Inglot-related difficulties center around shade selection. Even when you look at swatch photos on the various blogs, you never know exactly what you're getting until you've got it.
I'm also not wild about the way the shadows are grouped on the Inglot site.
501 and 502 may not be anywhere near each other, on the page.
I wish Inglot would:

• get better "swatches"
  • arrange the shadows (the palette refill ones) per finish, and in numerical order
  • put an "add to cart" link beside each swatch, so you can add one immediately, instead of having to scroll to the bottom of the page
  • improve the "search" feature, so that you can go straight to a particular product by entering its number
I really think Inglot could practically rule the cosmetics world, if they'd make shopping for their products easier.

cno64

I used the swatches from Temptalia as a guide, and a friend in London bought them to me.

For some reason(maybe my monitor?), I'm not finding Temptalia's swatches to be very color-true.
Her descriptions, though, are spot-on.
My latest Inglot acquisitions:

Clockwise, from upper left: Matte 358, Pearl 454, DS 502, Shine 20

cno64

Look great!
Need more Inglot shadows, that for true.
I'm VERY pleased with the Inglot shadows I have so far.
You know, I'm starting to think that Inglot may turn out to be even more addictive than MAC.
thud.gif

It seems like the more Inglot I get, the more I *want!*
I can easily see how some people get giddy and end up with hundreds of Inglot shadows!
It's so easy to fill up those palettes ...

singrsling

i love my Inglot shadows, have almost 30 and they have practically replaced my MACs as staples. The quality is absolutely superb in every shadow I have, and I think the are the best value EVER for shadows of that quality. And for the price, the darling little round pans of the lipsticks (I have 15) are superb, and they fit in MAC palettes and in the ELF palettes.
The best part for me is that there is an Inglot in the Macy's here in downtown SF, so I can walk there on my lunch hour or after work!! Hurray!

And their website is definitely a mess - they really need to re-do it completely!

And to answer the previous question about a Candy Yum Yum dupe, i think there is a close one in the Inglot lippies.

cno64

i love my Inglot shadows, have almost 30 and they have practically replaced my MACs as staples. The quality is absolutely superb in every shadow I have
^
true.gif
I couldn't agree more! I LOVE all of the Inglot shadows I have, though at this point I own only seven.
Today, I'm wearing DS 502 on the lid, and Matte 348 in the crease, and my green eyes are going POP POP POP POP POP POP!

I'm actually doing a Back to MAC trade with some of my older MAC shadows, so I can replace them with Inglot.
nonono.gif

About Inglot lipsticks: Do they have any scent/taste?

katred

Specktra Bestie

I've also been shifting to Inglot from Mac, especially since the quality of their matte shadows is so high. 351 and 352 are my go-to shades for a neutral base or highlight because they give great coverage, they last and they blend extremely well with other shades.

I don't notice any scent or taste to the lipsticks, so if it's there, it's very faint. I've found that the coverage on the paler colours leaves something to be desired (evenness), but on medium and deep colours, the formula is remarkable. It's what I wanted Mac's Satin formula to be.

Yazmin

*raises hand*

I started off with a 40 palette I purchased in Inglot's online sale during Black Friday last year. Once I discovered there was an Inglot counter at my local Macy's, it's become a little bit of an addiction. I now have one 40, two 20s and two 10-palettes. The numbering can make it difficult to remember which ones I have so I created a spreadsheet, update it with each purchase, and e-mail myself a PDF copy so that I can refer to it when I'm at the counter. It has surely saved me from buying duplicates many times over.

cno64

I don't notice any scent or taste to the lipsticks, so if it's there, it's very faint. I've found that the coverage on the paler colours leaves something to be desired (evenness), but on medium and deep colours, the formula is remarkable. It's what I wanted Mac's Satin formula to be.
This is great to know! I'm fairly sensitive to scent/taste; I have a MUFE lipstick that I 've been able to wear only a time or two, because of the cloying scent.
I don't wear pale lipstick, so Inglot lipsticks should work fine for me.
As for eyeshadows, today I'm wearing Matte 344(somewhat similar to MAC Quarry) on the lid, Matte 363(think Handwritten) in the creases, and Shine 20 (similar to Sugarshot, though maybe a touch warmer) to highlight. It's a great neutral look.

HppyLittleNinja

Hi guys,

I would love your help!

I don't have access to an Inglot store to do swatches :( so I've been working off online images and reviews. Would you mind helping a Specktra newbie and a relatively-new-to-makeup person?
I've been matched to NC20/25 with slightly yellow undertones.

1) I'm interested in getting 342 Matte, but I wonder if that colour is included in any of the Rainbow mattes -- e.g., 107, 112 or 117. I like the idea of going with the Rainbow singles because: a) I love mattes, and b) it's a more economical introduction to Inglot. (Economical is very important as I'm a student!)

2) Though I love mattes, 402 Pearl, 420 Pearl, and 434 Pearl are calling to me.
Are these colours very metallic/shimmery? I'm uncomfortable with glitter and I prefer to go with complex sheens in my non-mattes.
Do you think these will fit my dossier? If they don't, are my Pearl choices worth being out of my e/s finish comfort zone?

3) Also, I was thinking of getting 114 Rainbow (purples) and 109 Rainbow (greens). I figure I can deepen these colours by mixing them with a charcoal e/s and use them as crease or outer-v colours. This is a budgeting idea -- where getting a Rainbow eyeshadows gives me access to 6 shades (3 lighter eyeshadows from the pan and 3 darker ones when I mix the pan colours with a dark charcoal.) What are your thoughts on this? Should I just buy the darker matte singles in purple and green?

4) Would the other purple (115 R) be better for my skin tone? (Links are to xsparkage swatches. I think she's pinker than I am.)

5) I'm also thinking of getting 338 Matte just 'cause it's gorgeous. I don't know how much wear I would get out of it.
Or, should I get 104 Rainbow and again, mix it with a dark e/s to get the 338 colour?

6) Is there a difference between the mattes in the Rainbows vs the matte e/s singles? (I posted this in the other Inglot thread, but I didn't get a response. I think this thread is more popular.)

Thank you SO VERY MUCH for your time and help.

singrsling

I'm going to answer the questions I can. Firstly, right off the bat, I dont' really like the trio shadows.I think they are really small and hard to get a good swatch of color, but that's just me.
As for the 3 shadows you mentioned, I only have one of them - #420, and I don't remember what it looks like, sorry! I can tell you that Inglot shadows are 4 textres: matte, pearl, double sparkle, and AMC i think. I think 402 is going to be somewhat shimmery, but I don't think you should be afraid of that. Just try it! The pearkl types are not that glittery at all - more metallic, in my opinion. The mattes are all heavenly - you can't go wrong with any of them! i have 338 and love it.
The swatches on Temptalia are pretty accurate, as is her description. She just gets a bit too wordy for me.
I think you should buy as many as you can before the prices go up, and if you don't like one, you can sell or swap it!

Good luck!

duku

The prices are going up? I desperately want to get a little Inglot palette when I go to Poland, five or maybe ten pan, but it's so difficult to pick without having been to the store!

I'm going to answer the questions I can. Firstly, right off the bat, I dont' really like the trio shadows.I think they are really small and hard to get a good swatch of color, but that's just me.
As for the 3 shadows you mentioned, I only have one of them - #420, and I don't remember what it looks like, sorry! I can tell you that Inglot shadows are 4 textres: matte, pearl, double sparkle, and AMC i think. I think 402 is going to be somewhat shimmery, but I don't think you should be afraid of that. Just try it! The pearkl types are not that glittery at all - more metallic, in my opinion. The mattes are all heavenly - you can't go wrong with any of them! i have 338 and love it.
The swatches on Temptalia are pretty accurate, as is her description. She just gets a bit too wordy for me.
I think you should buy as many as you can before the prices go up, and if you don't like one, you can sell or swap it!

Good luck!

shellygrrl

Staff member
I don't know anything about another price increase, either. Unless she's thinking of the one(s) that happened last year?

duku

The only sort of relevant thing I can find is this http://twittenatorsecrets.com/for-my-twitter-followers-inglot-raising-their-prices/

I don't understand Inglot's pricing stategy, it seems to be all over the place.

HppyLittleNinja

Thank you so much for your comments, singrsling!
Does Inglot increase their prices every year, like MAC?

Good luck!

shellygrrl

Staff member
The first price increase that I know of took place sometime last year -- shortly after more and more Youtubers and beauty bloggers started to give them more press. Then it seems like prices went up again toward the end of the year. (I noticed it mainly within the Freedom System.)

DILLIGAF

Used to be at the beginning of INGLOT's popularity the pricing was as follows:

$50 for a 10 pan palette INCLUDING the 10 shadows that went in it.

I know that currently its $14 for the empty palette and $5 per shadow ($7 if you choose rainbow) making for a total of $64. Other products that weren't part of the freedom system went up maybe a $1 or so. I believe there are videos on YouTube about the increase and how unhappy the beauty community was with it when it was first proposed. I for one wouldn't be surprised if INGLOT increased it prices again all the other brands do it with less pomp and circumstance. Notice how MAC has gotten us used to paying $20 for a shadow.