Interviewing for MAC.... My story

MAC*GIRL08

Update..........

Its Thurs evening about 7:30pm and i just received a call from MAC (Macy's)
the New counter manager wants to meet with me on Monday evening.
This is my LAST interview - and she's a new manager coming from New Jersey
her first day is MONDAY lol! I thought it would be a phone interview but I guess every region is different. So I can't wait to share with all of you my last interview with MAC! Details to follow Monday night!
Happy 4th America!

crissy22

Re: Update..........

Oh wow, best of luck hun.. take a deep breath.... Yay for the LAST interview!! Have a good 4th of July
winks.gif

MAC*GIRL08

Last Interview......finally

Ok everyone tonight was my last MAC interview with the counter manager, If you read my other threads regarding the interview process, it is quite lengthly, the interview process I mean. However I have to say that they were very prompt with setting up my interviews and my demos.

I showed up 15mins early, with a black suit and high heels, makeup done nicely (Heatherette) hair slicked back in a pony tail and large silver hoop earrings - come to think of it, I looked alot like JayLo ha ha!
The CM commented me on my look especially the way I did my makeup.
It was a pretty low key interview, basically wanted to know what hours I could work and that she was also thinking of putting me in Bloomies with the other CM. Nights and EVERY weekend is mandatory, it's PT to start anywhere form 10-25 hours a week. I was fine with that. SO now I'm anxiously waiting for the last phone call with the actual offer and salary -
which by the way - they go by experience and your resume, and pay can go anywhere from $14-$16.50 and up.
thmbup.gif

Wish me luck!

amoona

Re: Last Interview......finally

Sharing pay is in poor taste and can get you fired before you're even hired. Don't think that MAC managers don't know about Specktra. They check it frequently.

andicandi3x12

Other threads have been posted with the "check the box" on pay and you gals have responded, I guess I dont see the difference since she just gave a general range, its not a big secret really. If it can be edited though I would.

Good luck! I have my final interview coming up soon too!!!

MAC*GIRL08

Yes, just that a "general range" I never quoted an actual pay rate therefore I am not worried and would never post my actual pay once hired.
So I dont think that will hinder my employment ok.

MAC*GIRL08

Also regarding amoona's poor taste reply. I would appreciate it if you do not single me out as having poor taste - it was just a range - a pay rate was never quoted, nor would I ever post what I would actually be making - there are many posts on here regarding pay ranges with actual figures!

miss_supra

FYI,
Even ranges can get you into trouble. I knew a girl on another forum that put ranges online and got in trouble.

I know I have been guilty of saying the pay range, but I will no longer do so because of that one girl getting in to trouble. I'd just advise be cautious and post at your own risk.

Not to be rude, but generally they want your experience in one thread instead of multiple threads as you have.
Quote:
We love it when you share your hiring and employment timeline stories, but in order to reduce forum clutter please keep these stories within a single thread. If you start multiple threads along the same theme, they will be merged together.

amoona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC*GIRL08
Also regarding amoona's poor taste reply. I would appreciate it if you do not single me out as having poor taste - it was just a range - a pay rate was never quoted, nor would I ever post what I would actually be making - there are many posts on here regarding pay ranges with actual figures!

It's not ment to single you out. Whenever I see someone make comments on pay I will respond. Others have also warned you about sharing any information on pay. Ranges or exact numbers are the same deal. I'm just trying to give you advice. I warned you because I know managers check specktra all the time. It makes no difference to me because in the end if you were to get in trouble for it then you would get in trouble not me.

MAC*GIRL08

Well i'm glad i know all this now - I will def keep it in mind for future postings.
I just never knew it was such a taboo subject, but then again I guess I can understand.
Thanks

glamdoll

Not trying to add wood to the fire, but just in general, I think for ANY job, you aren't allowed to discuss pay, even if its like minimum wage. Pay isnt allowed to be shared, and I know that it is a fireable offence.

Just saying.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
A few handy links and tips:
  • We love it when you share your hiring and employment timeline stories, but in order to reduce forum clutter please keep these stories within a single thread. If you start multiple threads along the same theme, they will be merged together.

Merged all threads together.

Latest posts