Interviewing for MAC.... My story

MAC*GIRL08

I got the call!

YES I was offered a PT perm position with MAC. The regional manager called me, and told me both Counter managers at Macy's and Bloomingdales were impressed and both wanted me. I chose to work at the Bloomies location.
I am ecstatic, shocked, happy, giddy! I can't believe this all happened so fast. From the 1st phone call I recieved to come in for a verbal interiview, to the demos, to another verbal to this! Miracles do happen! thank you all for your well wishes! My dream has come true!!! woo hoo!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

miss_supra

Re: I got the call!

Congrats, but why create another thread with the just merged all of your's already?

duddelle

Wow, what great information about the MAC interviewing process. It sounds like your dreams came true. What did you have on your resume and what was your portfolio like? How long have you been a make-up artist? I'd love to work for MAC, but I don't have any freelance experience. I'm just starting out. Do you have any suggestions for finding work/ volunteer projects that will give me the experience I need? Thank you.

MAC*GIRL08

th_dunno.gif

Sorry everyone for creating a new thread about getting hired, Im still new to this site and I guess I made a boo boo but I'M HAPPY CAUSE I'M A MAC GIRL NOW! WHOO HOO

yahoo.gif

exoticarbcqen

congrats...I guess sharing pay ranges didnt hinder you from getting that job LMFAO!!! good job, im happy for you!!!

on a side note, i think its relatively easy to find pay ranges/rates on ANY job so I dont know why everyone is being so dramatic.

miss_supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticarbcqen
congrats...I guess sharing pay ranges didnt hinder you from getting that job LMFAO!!! good job, im happy for you!!!

on a side note, i think its relatively easy to find pay ranges/rates on ANY job so I dont know why everyone is being so dramatic.

We aren't being dramatic because a lot of girls have gotten into trouble for it.

MAC*GIRL08

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Congrats, but why create another thread with the just merged all of your's already?

Yeah I know like I said i was so excited I got the job I forgot to de-thread lol!

MAC*GIRL08

So anway, I have to attend training they call it "Basic" I know my manager will fill me in but i was wondering what to expect. I heard there is alot of food and they take good care of us. Can someone share their experience at Basic?

Thanks

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC*GIRL08
So anway, I have to attend training they call it "Basic" I know my manager will fill me in but i was wondering what to expect. I heard there is alot of food and they take good care of us. Can someone share their experience at Basic?

Thanks

Do a search in this forum and I'm sure you'll find plenty of threads on basic.