Is anyone a member of the Vogue Forum

Tracey82

I am so annoyed I have joined Vogue twice now and none of my posts ever appear. I have contacted the adminstrator ten times or more but never get a response. There is a few items I desperately want in the for sale section but i cannot pm the person as it won't allow me. Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong or contact the seller on my behalf - will give you my email address, thanks

myystiqueen

you have to make at least 5 post to be able to 'clear' the limitations...

i'm also a member there...

*lolly

Hi Tracey, I'm a Vogue Australia regular (I use Vogue more then Specktra!) and I had the same problem as you when I first started off. Basically your post will eventually show - all new "vougettes" are moderated for the first few days, which means your posts will be checked if they are appropriate before being published. So as long as you keep posting on the forums for a good few days(even if they may not show up straight away) the moderators/administrators will eventually no longer need to check your posts. I think it was about 4-5 days from my experience before my posts automatically came up. HTH!

P.S I've emailed the administrators before as well and they NEVER reply.

darkorchid

Honestly I don't think that is true. I have been posting and I joined...oh last year sometime and posts still never show up. So I just gave up and I only lurk now and read about the sales. I don't think its a very effective or efficient way to run a forum :S

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorchid
Honestly I don't think that is true. I have been posting and I joined...oh last year sometime and posts still never show up. So I just gave up and I only lurk now and read about the sales. I don't think its a very effective or efficient way to run a forum :S

Thats exactly what happened to me! It's too much of a freaking hassle I would have made like 30 posts!

Tracey82

Thanks everyone for the replies but I am sure I would have posted enough and have been joined up for months now. I am really disappointed in Vogue for not helping to rectify this issue. If anyone knows member I heart makeup please let her know I would love to contact her re items for sale. Not sure what else I can do.

DaisyPie

Quote:

Me too - it's so frustrating. I'd love to reply to some of the for sale threads but there's no point. I'm a lurker too
winks.gif

panda0410

I'm a member there too but I stopped posting there... the mods never reply to anything you ask and I had trouble with the posting there too - and I made plenty of posts. I dont think I even remember my password anymore....LOLOL!!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey82
Thanks everyone for the replies but I am sure I would have posted enough and have been joined up for months now. I am really disappointed in Vogue for not helping to rectify this issue. If anyone knows member I heart makeup please let her know I would love to contact her re items for sale. Not sure what else I can do.

She is on MUA as well as here - you can grab her there or here if you need to
smiles.gif

anita22

Another Voguette here. It took me about 6-8 months before my posts showed up... I'm not sure why it takes so long, but it's really frustrating.

~Crystal~

I have that problem too!

I've been registered for a freaking 1-2 years and my posts STILL haven't shown up!! All I do is lurk now... it is soo soo annoying =\ I can understand the need to monitor the posts, but honestly, if you intend to do that before letting people become a part of your community, please DO IT!

pinkvanilla

I joined in 2005, so I think back then it was only taking about 2 weeks, if that, for posts to show up! I can't believe it is taking so long these days!

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
I have that problem too!

I've been registered for a freaking 1-2 years and my posts STILL haven't shown up!! All I do is lurk now... it is soo soo annoying =\ I can understand the need to monitor the posts, but honestly, if you intend to do that before letting people become a part of your community, please DO IT!

2 years is utterly ridiculous... there is NO reason to need to be "moderated" for that long... the moderators are either really lousy or really lazy
nonono.gif

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkvanilla
I joined in 2005, so I think back then it was only taking about 2 weeks, if that, for posts to show up! I can't believe it is taking so long these days!

2 weeks is still really long! It's a forum for crying out loud, they should just let you in and if you stuff up your gone. easy.

iheartmakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
2 years is utterly ridiculous... there is NO reason to need to be "moderated" for that long... the moderators are either really lousy or really lazy
nonono.gif

or both!!
lol.gif

Lyssah

Quote:

exact same situation here! i gave up also
thmbdn.gif

Tracey82

Thanks everyone for replying - yep they are super slack and have to admit I am just a lurker now as there is no point even posting cause it never ever shows up. Shame on you Vogue Moderators.