Is anyone a member of the Vogue Forum

HotPinkHeels

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_cinderella_X
I joined in 2005 and didnt have any issues. Im glad im not signing up now, seems like alot of hassle :S

Same here!!

I'm hotpinkheels on Vogue as well..I know, highly creative LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_cinderella_X
I joined in 2005 and didnt have any issues. Im glad im not signing up now, seems like alot of hassle :S

Same. Not that I post much over there. The ads bother me.

I'm a lurker on Vogue too - signed up in the early 2000's and then they deleted my profile - not sure why, never posted anything offensive - and now I can't seem to get any of my posts under my new sign on to post. So I just lurk.

shooz

Same here! I joined well over 12 months ago and was posting away but only about 2 ever appeared.

I was SOOO frustrated I now just lurk like some kind of vogue forum stalker!
sneaky.gif

I read the guidelines 1,000 times and I wasn't doing anything wrong.
th_confused_new.gif

I emailed the administrators a million times and never got a response.

In the end it just pinged me off that much that now I don't even want to join
nope.gif

shooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey82
Thanks everyone for replying - yep they are super slack and have to admit I am just a lurker now as there is no point even posting cause it never ever shows up. Shame on you Vogue Moderators.

Yep. The way I think about it now is I don't even want to be part of their forum. Why do they make it so difficult?? Do they not want any new members? If it's going to take 2 years to get off the moderated list then they need to tell people that straight up. If I had've know I wouldn't have wasted my time trying.

ElleBerry

I'm so glad I found this thread! I thought I have signed up twice to the Vogue Forums, posted 10+ totally simple, perfect (in line with t&c) posts each time, and months later my posts STILL are not working. I thought I was doing something wrong... still, it's SOOOO frustrating.

I have also wanted to ask questions and buy items but cannot post or PM. So like you girls I am a vogue "lurker" for foreseeable future!!
lol.gif

xLongLashesx

I joined over there using my hotmail email and I waited a YEAR and no posts. No replies from moderators, nothing.

Then I rejoined using my work email and a couple of weeks later it worked. So all the people still waiting, my advice is to try a different email address, not hotmail, gmail etc.

Still I don't go there much, I like it over here much better
th_DANCE.gif

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLongLashesx
Still I don't go there much, I like it over here much better
th_DANCE.gif

grouphug2.gif

and we're happy to have you gals!

InTheFade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappySarzie
I'm a lurker on Vogue too - signed up in the early 2000's and then they deleted my profile - not sure why, never posted anything offensive - and now I can't seem to get any of my posts under my new sign on to post. So I just lurk.

That happened to me too.. I was a member for ages.. posted now and then.. I didn't log in for a while and I could no longer post!

I re-registered but none of my posts came up. I emailed the admins and a few weeks later got a reply saying that they moderated all new members.

I kept trying to post but they never came up.

I agree with everyone here, it's a frustrating way to run a forum
ssad.gif

Pinupsundae

Well I joined two or three days ago (I know that's a drop in the ocean compared to how long you girls have waited) and still haven't seen any of my posts come up. I cannot believe they run the forums like that...Super frustrating and ridiculous if you ask me because I'm looking for something quick and satisfying. I'm a part of plenty of forums and none feel it's necessary to have you on probation for so long, or really at all. Way to shut out new members! Will just be sticking to Specktra from now on.

frusciante

I was a member 2/3 years ago, but they deleted my account. I've tried to sign up again (all I want access is to reply to the for sale threads), but they won't approve me! Do you know if you have to continuously attempt to post whilst waiting for them to approve you, or can you just make say, 10 'voguey' posts, and then wait until they approve you (be it weeks/months later?)

xLongLashesx

I didn't continuously reply whilst waiting.. I just gave up until one day out of the blue a voguette PM'd me!

Like I said in an earlier post don't use a hotmail address though, use something that seems more legitimate.

blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinupsundae
Well I joined two or three days ago (I know that's a drop in the ocean compared to how long you girls have waited) and still haven't seen any of my posts come up. I cannot believe they run the forums like that...Super frustrating and ridiculous if you ask me because I'm looking for something quick and satisfying. I'm a part of plenty of forums and none feel it's necessary to have you on probation for so long, or really at all. Way to shut out new members! Will just be sticking to Specktra from now on.

I hear you, I joined Vogue about 2 months ago and still my posts aren't appearing. It's so frustrating. My posts were relative to the threads and they still aren't appearing. I PM'd the vogue police and no reply. So I gave up!

ambodidi

My posts took 4 months to appear, and I never got an answer from VFP. For some time I thought I just wasn't cool enough.

sweetbabyblue

Took months for me too, I nearly gave up and that was two? years ago.
But since then I've posted heaps to make up for it!
lol.gif

I love seeing Specktra vogue girls! Just because I'm not on Specktra that often

friedargh

Hey I'm new to Specktra, but I've been on vogue forums for at least 3 years as 'frieda' and use it religiously. I seem to hazily remember that when I first joined I had to use a 'proper' email (e.g. not hotmail). I've never had to try to contact an admin or moderator though so I don't think I could input on that.

Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted out!

astarael7

I signed up about two months ago and only 2 of my 20 or so posts have appeared
ssad.gif

There's a member who's selling some MAC brushes uber cheap...does anyone know if "love thief" is on specktra as well?? And do these look genuine?
MAC makeup brushes - Vogue Forums

Thanks!

xsavagex

I think it's about the quality of what you write aswell. I found that when i got banned with this username, i joined up with a different one and got accepted in like 3 days by posting really wanky things in fashion threads and stuff. then i got accepted and now i hardly post hehe

baby_g

i've been a member on vogue forums since 2005 and got 1000+ posts, also been a member on Specktra since 2005 but only have 35 posts!
I more just read advice and find out about new products on Specktra, but maybe i'll post more now I know a bit more about makeup and am actually starting a collection!

it's a little strange that all u ladies can't seem to get your posts appear, lately there have been so many spammers on vogue, how come they haven't been pulled up?! sometimes their advertising threads will be up for days and the vogue moderators still haven't closed and deleted them.
How the hell do they get through the monitoring system? Hmmm.... seems the moderators are being a bit slack.

But as xLongLashesx said, use a more legitimate e-mail address and also just make sure your first couple of posts are helpful and friendly ones, not seeming like u are there just to advertise or harrass people, and theoretically they should let u through.

astarael7 member love thief has been a member since 2006, but had a three year break between posting anything, don't know if that means anything but if the brushes do turn out to be fake / dont turn up, the vogue girls are pretty good at tracking down people who rip off other girls on the forum. I've seen it done before! as with any internet transaction, just be careful and do your research.

xx