Is there anybody that doesn't own a MAC item on this site?

RedRibbon

I have been given some MAC stuff but have never directly paid for anything MAC myself before.

I'm eyeing up the Graphic Garden palette at the moment, I hate to say this as it sounds really snobby but money isn't an object when I need to buy makeup, I tend to take ages deciding about what I want and then go and buy it. However, the items I could not live without are drugstore brands. Nothing wrong with people who have high end brands, I'm not a reverse snob at all. It's just what works for every individual person
smiles.gif

LMD84

every month there is a mac item that i would like but i don't buy it because i don't think it'd be a good idea on spending more money. same goes for drugstore stuff though. i won't buy it if i have already spent my make up budget. most of teh time i'd like half the stuff from mac collections and i'd love to try chanel cosmetics. but i only ever spend what i have budgeted and saved and not a penny more.

it's not that i can't afford to buy extra - i just think my money is better off in savings or going on holidays and day trips with my husband. on average i'd say i spend about £50 a month on make up - not just mac - make up as a whole.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
every month there is a mac item that i would like but i don't buy it because i don't think it'd be a good idea on spending more money. same goes for drugstore stuff though. i won't buy it if i have already spent my make up budget. most of teh time i'd like half the stuff from mac collections and i'd love to try chanel cosmetics. but i only ever spend what i have budgeted and saved and not a penny more.

it's not that i can't afford to buy extra - i just think my money is better off in savings or going on holidays and day trips with my husband. on average i'd say i spend about £50 a month on make up - not just mac - make up as a whole.

I don't really have a makeup budget, in the past I used to just buy what was cheap and didn't think if I needed it or not. Now I think properly if I need something and then I will buy it. That alone saves a lot of money. My last makeup buys were last month, two Prestige mascaras and some UD shadows from Eleanor's sale.

I bought all the Sleek palettes the month before and they keep me going. I have to be selective as I don't want to waste money on stuff I will never use. My current neutral shadow is touching pan something chronic so I'm using that up so I can find a new one to replace it but I don't think I will as I quite like a shade I have from L'oreal so that's next.

The only thing I think I can buy is blusher because I need to find a decent shade which looks good IRL and in photos.

slowdownbaby

The only thing that I bought from a MAC store was plushlash mascara and I knew it was the last one. Here in my country MAC it's too damn expensive, if mac shipped internationally I would buy from the site though :)
I'm a full time college student, and my parents work really hard but aren't rich, so my monthly allowance isn't too much money, I'm happy buying cheaper MAC online from sales because it's my favorite brand. But most of my make up is from L'oreal, Nivea and The Body Shop. It doesn't need to be from a high end to be the best :) I always choose the best make up for me, high end or drugstore brand, I don't care, and I'm not ashamed of it too :p

gigiopolis

When I first joined, I owned a very small amount of MAC products (I think I only had a lipgloss and a lipbalm). It's been a few years, I think, and since then I've bought a few more MAC things, but I'm definitely still not a MAC junkie. I'm a pretty rational shopper, meaning that I will go any length to research a product fully and comparing to other products before going out to buy it, and that saves me a lot of money and time.

MAC is a great brand, but there's not a lot in the product range that is an absolute MUST MUST HG-STATUS buy and as a result I don't have much MAC (or much of any other brand, for that matter).

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
If I'm not mistaken a certain somebody was able to go to France when her husband gets back after the 3 week departure. Oh yeah and your bed was the most gorgeous ever so you're doing something right somewhere. Your garden was adorable as well so I'd say you're coming out ahead. I would kill to go to Paris just to see the catacombs...morbid as that is. I'd be at a loss when speaking because I only remember numbers and odd things like la mere dans la maison....I think I'd put my foot in my mouth mixing soixante-neuf and mother's in the house. Congrats on earning a great vacation because Jason works 48 hour weeks and his employer won't be changing it any time soon....we cancelled our Rohoebeth Beach trip in July because they downsized but shoot, we're happy to have money coming in when some are going months without finding work in my state. It makes you appreciate the trips and the things you can still do to say the least.
smiles.gif

wow you really remember my posts!
blush-anim-cl.gif
i do think i'm very lucky at the moment which is why i feel slightly selfish that i've moaned a little the past few days that i'm minus a hubby for 3 weeks. things could be a heck of alot worse for me.

i used to be bad with my money. whenever i had extra i'd go and party it away or spend it on random rubbish that i didn't need. now i think about where my money goes more. for example with the love that look collection - i could have easily bought 5 or 6 of those shadows. but i didn't because even though it'd be nice to have them, i can make do without. insted i bought my 2 faves and most unique colours (one off and rated r!) so this month on make up i spent a grand total of £22!

next month however i will be spending a bit more because the collection is larger and i don't have anything like what i want in my collection. plus hubby will be buying some bits for me and stashing it away for my birthday and wedding aniversary. again i realise how lucky i am. but my world wouldn't end if i could no longer buy mac or any drugstore make up (mascara whore!)

and yeah i'm a little nerbous about the language too! i know a little french and have been polishing up using some old school books. but know that i'll end up pronouncing things wrong or getting the words the wrong way around!

your guy must be pretty tired when he gets home. working 48 hour weeks is pretty tough. i'm lucky because i work set hours 5 days a week (9 - 5.30) although i usually get to work for 8am so that i can do my paperwork in peace!

Pandor@

Nope. There isn't I think.
smiles.gif

I only possess today only 1 product by MAC - the lovely Studio Fix Fluid SPF15 (for NC15,me).

I <3 it. But as for shadows I found another kick-ass brand.
smiles.gif

And yes, if I could financially, I'd buy out all MAC products that I want... Mostly mineralized shadows and blushes.

But MAC is HQ and definately pricey, and a girl has to earn it,imo - not get each collection as a present. For that we have Chanel/Dior,etc. kits.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
This is strange but this thread was set up with really good intentions and has that many views but people aren't getting involved. I hope people aren't thinking this was done to flame and afraid to contribute because heck no, it had it's purpose. By the end of it, it might have been a useless thought and that would make me go ;_;. XD

I think that if you had just stated where you were going with it in the first post, you may have received more responses because I do think it sounds like it was a setup for some "flaming". In general, on the site, if you post what your theory/thoughts are, people will respond honestly, but if you kind of hide what you're getting "until after you get responses". you will get less input.

But to start a thread asking "if there's anybody that doesn't own MAC on this site" seems an odd question to ask on a site that is self-described as "a MAC cosmetics fan community..."

From About Us footer on every page:
Specktra is a MAC cosmetics fan community with discussion open to all cosmetic lines and to all who are interested in cosmetics! We promote a healthy atmosphere comprised of education, diversity, and sharing information freely with each other. All of these elements come together to form a supportive and informative forum community. Specktra.Net is a privately owned and administrated resource for the cosmetically curious. From consumers & prosumers, to beauty industry professionals - Welcome!

Pandor@

Oh, and it's full, new.
Lovely! I'll cherish it!
thmbup.gif

Mark me down for a [yes], please.

That's really sweet of you!

Thank you, Casey! *hug*

cazgh

Hi!

I have a budget every month for spending on make up and at the mo I can always find stuff to buy. I'm starting college in 3 weeks to do beauty and make up courses so I'm currently trying to have a go at everything to see what I like/don't like and want to have in my kit. So every time there's a good video out there which sparks my interest I can almost definately add something to my wanted list items
smiles.gif

My MAC collection started with a make up demonstration and I bought 2 paint pots (painterly & groundwork), Cork e/s, a couple of 217 brushes, the thin angle brush and select cover up - and that was in January this year. Before that I had never even ventured into a MAC store - but I am so glad that I did
smiles.gif
This month I managed to find NYX stuff in Lewis's in Liverpool so finally I own a MILK jumbo pencil
smiles.gif

Nadeshda

When I first joined this forum, and for many months, I didn't have a single MAC item. Not because I didn't want to, just because all MAC stores and counters are in other cities and I hadn't had the change of going there yet, and I was at the time a bit iffy of ordering products without being able to test them, see their color and texture. Obviously, as soon as I went to a MAC store, I bought some stuff (actually, my boyfriend payed for them as a birthday gift). I only went to a MAC store once more and got more stuff. But TBH, I don't think I'll be ever buying from the store again... everything is so overpriced in this country is works out so much cheaper to order from other websites like AllCosmeticsWholesale and such.

Latest posts