is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aziajs

I was just at MAC about an hour ago and the manager was telling everyone that LE's don't qualify for B2M from this point on.
SuN36.gif

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I was just at MAC about an hour ago and the manager was telling everyone that LE's don't qualify for B2M from this point on.
SuN36.gif

That's what I was afraid of. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing & no one will be doing it the same. Doesn't surprise me really, but it does tend to complicate things.
ssad.gif

caffn8me

Putting things into perspective just for a moment, which other cosmetics company gives you a free lipstick in almost any shade from their entire range if you return six empties?

Piaqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightlouise
That's what I was afraid of. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing & no one will be doing it the same. Doesn't surprise me really, but it does tend to complicate things.
ssad.gif

Maybe you could do a live chat and have them email you the transcript/take a screen shot, and show it at your MAC counter/store to kind of prove that it doesn't apply to all LE?

Jude

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
Putting things into perspective just for a moment, which other cosmetics company gives you a free lipstick in almost any shade from their entire range if you return six empties?

Holy Moly... I am going to jump on the unpopular bandwagon here and admit that I understand the perspective of MAC's alleged choice to restrict the B2M program.

As long as MAC continues to allow us to return obviously de-potted eyeshadows for the lipstick, I am happy.

Still stinks though..haha.

shriekingviolet

Huh. I went to my MAC counter a week ago and they didn't hassle me for trading 12 empties for Bourbon and A Rose lipsticks. Guess I just got lucky and the news hadn't reached them yet!

mspixieears

Bummer, just when I managed to get my first 6 B2Ms which I was specifically going to trade for Sharp Beige l/s. Perhaps my provincial MAC outlets won't have any wind on this...me hopes!

JesusShaves

eh. i was surprised that they allowed the LE lippies go for B2M. Its funny when its resold over the retail price (supply & demand) when they got it free!

i thought that it was actually cheaper to buy the pro pans and palettes and then buy a lipstick, than it is to B2M. Someone worked that out on the mac com on LJ. I used to B2M... till i saw the maths involved.

sigwing

jeez...I'd had my usual ma make the suggestion to use the b2m's for that to begin with! I thought it was a great idea. But...there's plenty of other good colors, and ones I like to have a duplicate for my purse, etc., and I really don't depot all that often. When I did all my palettes I had a huge bagful, but now it's not all that much unless I decide to put a quad together.

I just can't imagine they were even noticing a huge trend in people doing it that it became a big concern for them that they were losing profits on their lipstick. *rolls eyes*

PhonyBaloney500

I actually thought it was strange that they would let you get LE lipsticks with B2M. I'm not disappointed at all personally. Probably a smart business move on their part. It's still a great deal!
smiles.gif

mymymai

The manager at the MAC store called her retail manager and told me that it was only LE special packaging, such as the Icon packaging (like Viva Glam), that you would no longer be able to use your empites for. Thus, when culturebloom comes out, you will still be able to get the lippies for B2M because they have regular packaging.

samtaro

This is all so confusing, but I'm going to beleive that it's just special packaging. I think it would be a bad move, and confusing to non addicts, to make it so you couldn't get any LE lipstick.

sigwing

*whew* I hope it's straightened out everywhere so next time I try, I can still get an LE in the plain ol' black bullet!

glittergoddess27

Just an update,.....I got all huffy and sent corporate a polite rant about excluding LE lippies,... so here's an e-mail transcript I got today for clarification,.. LE lipsticks can still be gotten with B2M so long as they do not have colored or special packaging,.. so for instance it looks like Culturebloom lippies will be the typical silver packaging so they will be eligible for the B2M program as well as Deja Rose As stated here they do not have any other promos that this will apply to scheduled after the Catherine Icon Series,....

Dear Ms. Beck,

Thank you for taking the time to contact M.A.C.

In response to your concerns, we regret that the BACK TO MAC program is
not
applicable to the Beauty Icon Series 3/ Catherine Deneuve Collection.
These items are also excluded from the Pro Member Discount program.

As you may already know, we have had other Collections which discounts
have
not been applicable or have been excluded in certain promotions. We do
not
currently have other products on our Marketing Calendar which these
programs are not applicable.

We would be pleased to forward your comments on to the appropriate
executives for review. In addition, we apologize for any inconvenience
this may have caused for you.

We appreciate your interest in M.A.C and hope we have the opportunity
to
serve you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Suzanne Sheridan
Global Consumer Communications

chiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymymai
The manager at the MAC store called her retail manager and told me that it was only LE special packaging, such as the Icon packaging (like Viva Glam), that you would no longer be able to use your empites for. Thus, when culturebloom comes out, you will still be able to get the lippies for B2M because they have regular packaging.

phew..

thank god i went and got my sharp beige before this was announced. actually they were having a discussion about this at the counter when i got it..

it just noticed the shiny goldish packaging. i am so behind. but seriously, how much more can it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.