I've Had MAC for about a 2 months now &...

xhypnotiqex

I find out I'm allergic to it!!!!! Last month was a bad month broke up with the BF, moved to Albany for University, I NEEDED retail therapy so I went to the closest Macy's and went wild and lost my MAC virginity!! Last week I woke up and my face looked like this:

awesomesmall.jpg

the dermatologist gave me medicine that should fix me around next week. I sent all of my MAC my makeup to my sister
thmbdn.gif
. But Thank God my sister ain't allergic! Because all of that $$$ down the squatter!!! Anyways here are the looks I did while I was wearing it. Everything is MAC unless stated.

LOOK: NUMERO UNO
Awesome004RESIZE.jpg

Awesome015-1RESIZE.jpg

EYES:
Deep truth (eyelid)
Samoa Silk (highlight)
Carbon (crease)
Black Track (eyeliner)
Dipdown (eye brow filler)
Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express (Glam Black Mascara)

LIPS:
Strength

Awesome044RESIZE.jpg

Eyes:
Filament (eyelid & highlight)
Knight Divine (crease)
Silver Craft store Glitter
Black Track (eyeliner)

LIPS:
Strength

Look: Three
Awesome065.jpg

Eyes:
Patina (eyelid)
Samoa Silk (highlight)
Black Track (eyeliner)

LIPS:
Dare You

Look: 4
Awesome076resize.jpg

Awesome074resize.jpg

Eyes:
Tempting (eyelid)
Samoa Silk (highlight)
Carbon (crease)
Black Track (eyeliner)

LIPS:
Dare You

Look: No.FIVE
Specktra010resize.jpg

Specktra011resize.jpg

Eyes:
Satin Taupe (eyelid)
Quarry (outer eyelid)
Carbon (crease)
Orange (highlight)
Black Track (eyeliner)

LIPS:
Clear Lipglass

BONUS LOOK!!! RAWR!
Specktra001RESIZE.jpg

Specktra003-1RESIZE.jpg

I stole this look from Michelle Phan on youtube.com
Eyes:

Orange (eyelid)
Goldmine (highlight)
Fascinating (lines)
Black Track (eyeliner)

LIPS:
Clear Lipglass
I'm A Geek!!!!!!!!!!
Specktra012RESIZE.jpg

malaviKat

You are sooo pretty!

Sorry to hear about your allergy though. Was it everything or just foundation? That sucks!

shontay07108

Sorry about your allergic reaction. That sucks. Mac does the same thing to me. I can't wear their foundation at all, but at least I can wear the blush. Maybe you should try Makeup Forever. I have eczema and sensitive skin and that brand doesn't irritate me at all. You look great, by the way.

xhypnotiqex

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
You are sooo pretty!

Sorry to hear about your allergy though. Was it everything or just foundation? That sucks!

Quote:
BeccalovesMAC awww momma ur gawjus! Im sorry about your allergic reaction. Which products did you react to?

Thank You Ladies
greengrin.gif
I didn't use the foundation because the ladies at the store couldn't find my color, which i knew was gonna happen cause i can NEVER find my color in any brand. either they are too yellow or gold or red i only bought eyeshadow, liner, eyeliner pencil, lipstick/gloss and thats what my dermatologist said i was reacting to.

xhypnotiqex

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Sorry about your allergic reaction. That sucks. Mac does the same thing to me. I can't wear their foundation at all, but at least I can wear the blush. Maybe you should try Makeup Forever. I have eczema and sensitive skin and that brand doesn't irritate me at all. You look great, by the way.

Thank you!! I did stop by sephora and i was looking at their concealer/foundation because it was the closest any foundation got close to my skintone and i was gonna get it but i spent enough $$ on MAC so i left it, but that is good to know! i just have to wait til this face is back to normal and probably do a patch test but good tip
thmbup.gif
! thank you

nursee81

have you thought about trying clinique? I have a friend with really sensitive skin and thats what she uses.

xhypnotiqex

Quote:
oh no! you are really pretty I hope you find something that works for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
have you thought about trying clinique? I have a friend with really sensitive skin and thats what she uses.

Thank you
yes.gif
and i never thought of clinique! and they cater to sensitive skin, good suggestion. Thanks
thmbup.gif

xhypnotiqex

Quote:
Originally Posted by claralikesguts
pretty looks! it's a shame that you're allergic to their products
ssad.gif

I should say thank you! your tutorials helped my makeup application so much better than it was before. but yea there's other makeup brands out there i guess that i could get a liking to.
th_DANCE.gif

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhypnotiqex
Thank you
yes.gif
and i never thought of clinique! and they cater to sensitive skin, good suggestion. Thanks
thmbup.gif

ur welcome

PinkBasset

So sorry to hear you had an allergic reaction with your make-up!
ssad.gif
I hope you will find Clinique suitable for you, I really like their products!
smiles.gif

happy*phantom

Oh, sweetie, I can sympathize with you! I'm also allergic to MAC make up (though I can't stop missing the good old times with it) and I had to search for brands my weird skin can tolerate (it's a pity that it's mainly cheap drugstore stuff but well, you can't have it all). Be careful now in choosing make up products and always expect a relapse (so sorry but it's the truth). Poor babe! I hope that you'll find a few hypo-allergic items for your eye area or something that isn't as strongly pigmented as the MAC e/s. Don't lose your passion in make up. :) Btw, you're gorgeous!

Hypathya

Pretty looks!! So sorry you're allergic to MAC, hope you're already better!!

Thanks for sharing!!
heart2.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

Wow, you are so gorgeous! That seriously sucks about the allergic reaction though.
ssad.gif
I really hope your derm's meds work wonders. (I agree about the up side of not spending so much $$$ too!)