I've totally changed my mind about MAC brushes

Mabelle

And here i feel like a fool. I LOVE my SE brushes. The only ones i thought were crappy were from like 3-4 years ago. I got the set a bit of everything... now they were complete crap, but since then, they've all been really good.

abbyquack

Why do they make se brushes if people are going to assume that all mac brushes are overhyped and crappy? Isn't that bad for business? I for one would appreciate smaller handle brushes that are actually usable. That being said I still have like 4 SE brush sets LOL.

Curly1908

I too have been converted.
ssad.gif

I grudgingly got a 109 a few weeks ago after reading threads on here and nearly had an orgasm when I applied my SFF with it.

It uses up way less product than sponges and blends much better. Soft yet strong. It doesn't scratch/hurt my skin like the cheap, synthetic brush I tried. My only complaint is that it sheds a little. I would love to get a second 109 for my blush.
drools.gif

My next purchase will be a 187 or 188.
smiles.gif

Timberlynn

I cannot imagine not using MAC brushes - they are the best and well worth the money regardless of what others have said about generic versions.

GlamYOURUs

I don't know why but I can't get myself to buy the full size eye brushes. I have the SE and honestly, I am truly satisfied with it. But I have bought the 180, 182, 183, & 187 brushes lol But face brushes are crucial IMO. Ugh its so much money.
ssad.gif

MissResha

i probably shouldn't say that the SE brushes suck.

i honestly don't think they suck, but again, since all i heard was how these brushes were supposed to be the BEST brushes EVER, i was like "no, this brush is not all that ,and it's not worth $40+"

buuuuuut that was because i was foolishly playing around with those SE's lol. The FULLsize ones are waaaay better and worth the hype. I seriously do not have a brush like the 224. I am AMAZED at that brush. It's like a magic wand. It does EXACTLY what i want it to do. It listens. It's obedient. I fucking love it!! I need that 226 and i want the 214. I may get the 188, but since I have one sorta like it from Costco, I'm not in a big hurry.

I need at least 3 of the 239's though. They are amazing, too bad they stain a little though, but I understand lol.

xxAngelxx

I have the SE eye brushes that came in this past holiday and the buffer brush that came with the Charming Garnet set. I only have one full size right now - the 226 and it is pure love. However, I will keep buying SE for traveling. My bf and I are long distance and I'd hate to take - and lose! - full size MAC brushes. But I'm gonna start slowly but surely investing in the full size ones too.

FiestyFemme

My first MAC brushes were SE's, and while they're all right, they definitely don't compare to the full sizes! I've spent a fortune already in brushes and still don't have all the ones I want, but it's so worth it. I pretty much only use MAC brushes now.
smiles.gif

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
I need at least 3 of the 239's though. They are amazing, too bad they stain a little though, but I understand lol.

I just bought TWO MORE this weekend b/c I thought the same thing!! Lol, I bought another 217 as well, and they will all be here tomorrow
party.gif

Ok, and I just ordered a 180 brush, thanks to that thread lol
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f219/m...ht-now-129228/
I am turning into a brush-aholic. Yet, I still don't have a fullsize 187
th_crazy.gif

MzzRach

The SE brushes are faboo for travel. I love the 187 SEs for this purpose.

My top MAC brushes (and yes, you cannot beat the full size brushes):

217 (one for eyeshadow and one for concealer)
187 (it does it all)
109 (amazing for applying liquid foundation)
188 (my go-to brush for cream or powder blushes)

MissResha

^^the Brush Queen has spoken!! haha

@carandru, i feel you. i'm gonna buy another 239 this weekend, or as soon as my new paycheck gets directly deposited LOL!

BloopBloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
if i could find that baby, trust me i would. it's like, Where's Waldo. i cannot find it at all
ssad.gif
and i want it so bad lol

the 187 is amazing. i play with it LMAO. like, its just so soft and sturdy at the same time. its perfect for everything. if i had to get ONE mac brush, that would be the one. it's a definite multitasker.

hahahaha! I pet my 187 as well!
th_DANCE.gif

Fataliya

Heh! All I have are the SE brushes. At this point though, I'd rather buy makeup from MAC than brushes. BUT I will get brushes at some point.

For now, I use my BE, MAC SE and my ELF studio brushes that I love.

Yep, ELF, hehe.

But yes...I want some full size MAC brushes. *sigh*

LILYisatig3r

This is definitely good for me to hear because I don't own a single brush but slowly over time, I've been replacing all of my makeup with MAC products just because they work the best for me.

I never thought I needed any MAC brushes because I figured hey, any ol' brush works fine. But hearing you say that they actually work best (which go figure, I should've known) makes me willing to dish out fine cash for a brush.

Thanks
smiles.gif

MissResha

no problem!

i used to use my too faced eyeshadow brush with certain mac colors and it wasn't picking them up nearly as well as the 239. so i was like WOW lol.

jacquelinda

yeah at first i was skeptical too about MAC brushes, i thought they were too expensive until i bought the 239 and 187 and i felled in love. i convinced myself (and my hubby) it was investment of 10-15 years lol. i really dont like any of my SE unless i use them as a travel kit like my HK or holiday sets.