Jersey Shore on MTV

brianjenny17

what the eff? i thought i was gonna hate it but for some reason i just couldn't look away .. kinda like a car accident i guess.

M.A.C. head.

I'll probably be amused by it.

It's drama, and fighting LOL

The fist pump thing cracks me up. And every time the commercial comes on and the guy says "If you like to hate, I probably have a full time job for you" I just roll.

Mabelle

bringing shame to the human race....
seriously though, what the hell is wrong with my generation?!

MizzTropical

this show is disgusting. who wants to watch a bunch of drunk fools cheat on each other and fight? it's so gross.

I admit I don't really like the show, but I feel like I got sucked in! You know when you're at home..bored, flipping thru the hundreds of channels (direct tv/comcast) and yet can't find ANYTHING decent to watch or something that amuses you and you flip on this show..it's hard to change the channel? For me at least..some how the drama and fighting is hilarious to me
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

i only watched ten minutes of it. i lived in seaside for about a year (this was in 2007) and i mean i did see some out of towners that might have been kinda like them but c'mon. and it's true, they act like they are so local, whatever. i'm not saying it's the classiest town (anywhere that allows MTV in to film raises my doubt) but i still went there almost every weekend this past summer and i really do love it there.

brianjenny17

i'm not sure if your all aware of "the situation" but while i do think its absolutely bonkers, its like rock of love to me i have to watch

.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I'll probably be amused by it.

It's drama, and fighting LOL

The fist pump thing cracks me up. And every time the commercial comes on and the guy says "If you like to hate, I probably have a full time job for you" I just roll.

LMAO, the guy w/ the sweaty under arms who was doing the fist pumping? ROFL!!!

75159117.gif

Pushpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzTropical
this show is disgusting. who wants to watch a bunch of drunk fools cheat on each other and fight? it's so gross.

lmao me....i can't get enough it is so unreal it's fabulous

MizzTropical

so i guess this show has italian americans really mad. they are getting death threats and companies like domino's have pulled their commercials from airing during this show! their very upset about the whole guido/guidette image.

hello_kitty

^^ My parents saw that on one of the morning shows, about the uproar over it. I lived in NJ for 3 years, so I confirmed to them that indeed there are some people like that for real in NJ... try any diner at about 2am on a weekend, heh (sorry, but there ARE guidos from NJ, they're not only from Staten Island).

I haven't seen the show personally, no desire to. I haven't watched MTV in so long that I cannot remember. Music Television, what's that?! MTV's probably eating up all this publicity, though. Now that there's a fuss being raised about the show, more people are probably flocking to watch it vs. if there was no fuss being made about it.

BEA2LS

i lived in NJ for 27 years and never met anyone like them. seriously, it might be a north jersey thing but i do not really consider that NJ anyway.. and i have lived in several parts of the state (including seaside). i am not saying they do not exsist or that they do not live here but the only ones i have seen like that are from NY and they were tourists at my shore. I'm just saying that from my personal experience but i aside from the fact that it is so expensive to live here i love my state and hate the sterotypes.
and i do see how it would be offensive for italians because it is a stero type and to be honest, i always was taught guido was a deragtory word and not something you can really say on TV.

obscuria

I've only seen commercials for this show or other shows talking about how offensive it is.

They keep showing that clip of some guy punching a girl in the face. Why would I want to watch something like that?

lyttleravyn

I live in NJ, have my whole life and I've definitely met multiple people like this. I live in central jersey, but near Trenton not on the coast. I'm Italian-American, and my boyfriend works in a pizza parlor and almost all the guys he works with are 'guidos.' Also for a bit some of my friends were on a dating site (plenty of fish) and there were so many Italian guys with the fake tan, slicked black hair, work out at the gym all the time, and overall they're just ridiculous!

Honestly I don't even remember seeing that type of guys until the past few years when I started going to some bars and clubs, especially on the shore. I think the show is pretty crazy, but at the same time other reality shows focus on extremes of stereotypes and lifestyles. I too love the Rock of Love/Flavor of Love trainwreck shows and this is just another one of those
smiles.gif

brianjenny17

When I would frequent clubs a couple of years ago this is the type i would typically see. But not even just Italian guys that looked like this alot of other people as well.

sinergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ice
LMAO, the guy w/ the sweaty under arms who was doing the fist pumping? ROFL!!!

75159117.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

i wasnt going to watch until all the controversy started then like the sucker i am i was pulled into the 'situation' i dunno but its just something to laugh at..like a few of you have said, very rock of love to me.