Jewelescent November 2006

BadBadGirl

Personally, I would buy Jewelmarine over Peacocky (glitterliner) because it will last much longer. Urban Decay's glitter liners are much better than MAC's. I'm not even sure I'm going back to buy another Divine Lime.

EmbalmerBabe

The MAC glitter liners are so gorgeous, I am just afraid of them not lasting very long. I don't get many chances to wear glitter either,even though I do like it!
Yes that would be so neat if they made a Fluidline that looked just like Aqualine Liquid Last Liner....because the LLL's are way too hard for me to work with. Fluidliners are so much easier to apply,and I like the look better too.
BadBadGirl, what would you say is better about Urban Decay glitter liners over Mac's? I don't have any by MAC, I do have Baked though...love that one.

BadBadGirl

I have Baked also! It's currently my favorite UD liner.

One noticeable difference is size, the UD glitter is bigger. Though I understand that may not matter to someone who uses these occasionally. I work in a nightclub, so I get to use mine 3-4 times a week.

I also think UD's glitter shows up much better. I don't need to 're-dip' as much. Even then, glitter liners are kinda funny- one swipe will result in either a little or alot of glitter, regardless of brand.

I love both Peacocky and Divine Lime though- UD only has one very green glitter liner, and it can only be bought as a set of 3 at the moment. It's similar to Peacocky, but darker. That's why I went with Divine Lime because I haven't seen any glitter like that in any brand. (Except maybe Ben Nye, but I haven't used that yet.)

So when it gets down to it EnbalmberBabe- it's really preference. Not every needs to use glitter all the time, and MAC's colors haven't been duplicated yet.

boysareliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
The MAC glitter liners are so gorgeous, I am just afraid of them not lasting very long. I don't get many chances to wear glitter either,even though I do like it!
Yes that would be so neat if they made a Fluidline that looked just like Aqualine Liquid Last Liner....because the LLL's are way too hard for me to work with. Fluidliners are so much easier to apply,and I like the look better too.
BadBadGirl, what would you say is better about Urban Decay glitter liners over Mac's? I don't have any by MAC, I do have Baked though...love that one.

yeah, i agree tt the shelf life for glitter liner is short compare to glitter. However, Jewelmarine isn't eyesafe, and is it possible to DIY your own liquid liner? what medium must we use together to mix with the glitter?
would mixing medium work well?

What other uses for Jewelmarine can u think of?

BadBadGirl

I've decided to buy Jewelmarine instead of anymore glitter liners from MAC. I read that there is an eyeliner mixing medium that will be perfect for that use. I'll either get that or use Too Faced's Liquify, whichever will last longer.

charismaticlime

Thhank goodness the lipgelees (with the exception of Gemshine) is permanent, cause I can't afford to go on another impulse buy, especially when I already have too many lipglosses!

BlahWah

Has this collection been released in Asia yet? I asked a friend to pick me up Glamourgold while she was in Hong Kong at the end of November but she couldn't find it outside of the set and neither could another friend in Korea. Are they just not released in those two places?

cacaptitsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
Has this collection been released in Asia yet? I asked a friend to pick me up Glamourgold while she was in Hong Kong at the end of November but she couldn't find it outside of the set and neither could another friend in Korea. Are they just not released in those two places?

In Singapore only the freestanding store released it just last week, the other counters do not have it yet, except for at the airport duty-free ones. I think its about the same for the other Asian countries, but they'll def. come out soon.
smiles.gif

Latest posts