Jewelescent November 2006

dancinbluegirl

man, from the name i expected a much greener color, this just looks like delphic and blue peep mixed. major disappointment for me.

thanks for the picture though
smiles.gif

EmbalmerBabe

Copperclast looks great! It kind of reminds me of some other MAC pigments,don't know the names though.
As for the glitter,it looks pretty, all though I wonder what makes
MAC glitter different than regular inexpensive craft store glitter?
I guess that is why I have never bought a jar of MAC glitter...

mezzamy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe
Copperclast looks great! It kind of reminds me of some other MAC pigments,don't know the names though.
As for the glitter,it looks pretty, all though I wonder what makes
MAC glitter different than regular inexpensive craft store glitter?
I guess that is why I have never bought a jar of MAC glitter...

yeah the first picture reminded me of coco beach but with silver reflects and the second one reminded me of a cross between copper and sunpepper pigments

Kristen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinbluegirl
man, from the name i expected a much greener color, this just looks like delphic and blue peep mixed. major disappointment for me.

thanks for the picture though
smiles.gif

Ditto! Ergh.. Anyone able to do a swatch between delphic and jadeye?

addicted_2color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
Ditto! Ergh.. Anyone able to do a swatch between delphic and jadeye?

yes i'm curious as ive got delphic, but they look so similar

galvanizer

Ack! Someone please swatch Jadeye beside Delphic and Copperclast beside Cocoa Beach (or by itself even).
I don't want to duplicate what I already have.
(And ITA with embalmerbabe, there needs to be a FL the same colour as Aqualine Liquidlast).

Dianora

I was disappointed that Jadeye was so blueish. I was hoping for a fluidline that looked like the green-green glitter liner. I'll have to check the permanent collection later, although I'm in no rush to do that since they're not going anywhere.

BlahWah

Just came back from checking out Jewelescent and I've never loved lipgelees until this collection. I tried taking a pic of the swatches I took but I don't think they came out very well. I'll post them anyway in case anyone's interested. Amber Russe is a gorgeous mlbb colour! Looks more rosey on me than a brown plum. I tried on Gilded Kiss as well and it reminded me of a bronzier, glowing version of Languish l/g from Lure but looking at them side by side, Languish is plummy so there isn't much comparison. Moonstone looks very pretty, a delicate pink, softer than Heartfelt Pink l/g, but it may be too light for my pigmented lips. Gemshine looks like a peachy-gold, at least next to Dame In A Dress lipgelee.

I just swatched Delphic and Jadeye together and Jadeye is definitely greener and darker, tho perhaps not as dark as some would like. I find it different enough from both Blue Peep and Delphic. Jadeye is also less creamy than Delphic, reminding me more of Shade in its consistency. I'll post pics of these as well.

**edit** I've posted pictures up in the swatch forum but since everyone's wondering about Jadeye, here's a picture of the jars side by side.

577045.jpeg

PigmentJunkie

I went after work and bought Copperclast pigment, Moonstone & Amber Russe Lipgelees, and Spunsilver & Oxidate Glitter Liners. I wanted Graphic Brown too since I missed it first time around, but that counter did not receive it. I ordered it online when I got home though.
smiles.gif

Hope these swatches help someone out!
smiles.gif

I think Moonstone resembles Who's That Lady... but it's a little bit darker.

Click each one to view full size.
smiles.gif

roxybc

wow, great pics thanks so much!!! I think the only thing I want from this collection are the 2 lip gelees you posted. I was hoping that Copper Clast would be more of a true copper color, but it's very much like blue brown pigment. It has too much of a reddsish tinge to it, and would make me look cracked out I think.

TM26

I just purchased a bunch of products including Gemshine. I am thinking though of getting moonstone though. It does look very pretty.

Teacakeanyone

Jadeye coloration

I just picked up Jadeye Fluidline today. I'm afraid I don't have time to post a pic of it next to Delphic, but I can try to describe it for you all. I was also a little disappointed in it. It's...really turquoise. I haven't tried Blue Peep before, so I'm assuming Jadeye is as intense as that. Whereas Delphic is a very bright, yet light, blue, Jadeye is a very bright turquoise. The gold flecks can definitely be seen on the back of a hand and I think they show up on eyes. The green in it can be noticed, too. If it's a keeper for me, though...I don't know yet. It might be too bright for me. Case in point, I just came home for Thanksgiving break, and in my house the bathroom lighting isn't very good and quite yellow - even in that light I could tell how vibrant Jadeye is and I had to smudge the color down some. This wasn't a very useful post, but perhaps it'll help some of you!
smiles.gif

EmbalmerBabe

I drug myself over to Macy's to check out Jewelescent on the opening day despite the fact that I have been feeling quite icky from mild food poisoning. I guess I am a real MAC addict.
I wound up getting Moonstone and Gemshine. My first lipgelees,I love the soft cushiony texture. They seemed to be more vanilla-ee than lipglass's too. I also got Tarnished Love perfume, which I thought had a sweet mild scent. Emeralaire on the other hand was awful in my opinion.
Very bugspray,smelly green plants like.
I tried the mascara at the counter because I loved the bright blueness to it, however I got bad tarantula eyes from it.
Peacocky was gorgeous.
I got a sample of Copperclast I was'nt too impressed to buy the whole jar.

EmbalmerBabe

Oh I forgot to say Moonstone and Gemshine are so beautiful...Moonstone reminds me of Politely Pink lipstick with silver microglitter.

Latest posts