Just learned the shocking truth....after more than 6 months...

caramel_geek

Maybe I should start the camera-before-you-go-out routine as well
tong.gif

RoxyJ

I think we all have those moments, the other day after spending "forever" applying the perfect foundation, I checked my makeup in the car mirror on my way to work. My face looked pink and my neck looked ivory. I guess it's time to take out my winter foundation.
th_loser.gif
(It looked ok in the house, I guess I need better lighting)

I'll probably be spending the next few weeks worrrying about my foundation matching. :p

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
I was wondering about the same thing too. I went to target.com and amazon to look around for some lighted mirrors. But there are so many. So confusing...

Anyone has any good rec for a good mirror???

hmm.. i heard conair offers the best mirror out there... leesha (xsparkage) is using that one --> see her makeup collection vid,, and it has 4 settings (office, day, home and evening)

but i can't find anything like that here in aussie... the only thing i can find is the one that has 3 settings (high-medium-low).. not sure if it's the one i'm after...

xxManBeaterxx

I notice a huge difference between putting on makeup indoors with dim lighting and putting on makeup in the sunlight. But maybe these are minor inperfections that we can only see, in another persons eyes they probably couldnt tell the difference, i agree with tish.. sometimes we are our worse critic.

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Tish wtf? Really? Thats so sad that people here would say that kind of stuff about you? You're friggin gorgeous- Id kill for your bone structure

My b/f did the same thing yesterday. I was super upset because my Shakespearean lit class was making fun of my MAC.. my teacher goes "you must be pretty shallow to spend that much money on something like makeup"... I was like "you know makeup isnt just MAKEUP to a lot of people- its a form of artistic expression." And she laughed at me and continued on making fun of me.

Matt was peeved... he was so cute he was like "Well everyone I know thinks your makeup looks AWESOME.. they are just jealous.. that makes me so bad... thats ridiculous!" He was going to come beat some ass haha

ANYWAYS back on topic.

Are you using a primer hun?? I noticed that before I used bare study p/p my shadows tended to "run" or "blotch up" too.

Even my eye makeup "blotches up" if I dont cake on a good lotion before hand to prime it.. and then set it with some loose powder.

Geez people are so mean! Definitely jealous!

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Girl..I am sure you looked beautiful we are harder on our selves than anyone... But I know how you feel...this is coming from the girl who posted the purple lips and purple eye fotd and thought she looked cute until she went up against the Specktra firing squad
th_LMAO.gif
....Then I just read on the post that one member thought I looked sickly, I was better off just thinking I looked like Barney!!
ssad.gif
....So Big Huggs!! But now that you know better you will do better!! But I am sure it wasn't that bad! My husband told me I looked like Barney...But when I told him he was right and all the ladies hated it to...He got mad...I guess he can say I looked F*d up but he dares anyone else tell the truth as well...Gotta love him!
yes.gif

Tish, my dear BFF I told you bump them! if you like it then dammit wear it!

MsChrys79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldersmommy
Matt was peeved... he was so cute he was like "Well everyone I know thinks your makeup looks AWESOME.. they are just jealous.. that makes me so bad... thats ridiculous!" He was going to come beat some ass haha

ANYWAYS back on topic.

Are you using a primer hun?? I noticed that before I used bare study p/p my shadows tended to "run" or "blotch up" too.

Even my eye makeup "blotches up" if I dont cake on a good lotion before hand to prime it.. and then set it with some loose powder.

Your b/f sounds like a great guy! any guy that'll kick some ass on my behalf is sooo cool with me! LOL..but yes I agree with Aldersmommy and Couturesista about the primer, and believe me I feel your pain b/c I'm a newbie too!

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Tish wtf? Really? Thats so sad that people here would say that kind of stuff about you? You're friggin gorgeous- Id kill for your bone structure

My b/f did the same thing yesterday. I was super upset because my Shakespearean lit class was making fun of my MAC.. my teacher goes "you must be pretty shallow to spend that much money on something like makeup"... I was like "you know makeup isnt just MAKEUP to a lot of people- its a form of artistic expression." And she laughed at me and continued on making fun of me.

You should talk to him about how unprofessional it is to be talking to you that way. He had no right to say that to you! I would seriously confront him about that.