Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

Obreathemykiss

MAC_Whore, you sold me! I can't wait to get my hands on Beethoven and those liquid liners! Thanks for the time you took for the breakdown, you rock!

sinergy

those pics do make the shadows look way better. i cant wait to see dimebag and orbi swatched! and I think now I might want to try those liquid liners!!!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
those pics do make the shadows look way better. i cant wait to see dimebag and orbi swatched! and I think now I might want to try those liquid liners!!!

Looking at your avatar, you would totally rock Orbi and Dimebag
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
....That bronzed plum....yum! Is it close to Macroviolet f/l? I unfortunately would have to order unseen as there is no sephora in my city....

thanks in advance!

Somewhat. MAC describes Macroviolet as a smokey plum with red pearl. The Turbo Lover liner is described as a bronzed metallic plum.

When I swatch Turbo Lover next to Macroviolet, Turbo looks slightly more brown and slightly more red. Turbo also has small flecks of silver shimmer. I'll post a comparison pic later.
winks.gif

duckduck

After those pictures and that review, I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough! Please tell me that MAC and Sephora have you on commission, MAC_Whore, 'cause seriously, between this, the swatch forums, and the color stories it is more than well deserved!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
After those pictures and that review, I couldn't get my credit card out fast enough! Please tell me that MAC and Sephora have you on commission, MAC_Whore, 'cause seriously, between this, the swatch forums, and the color stories it is more than well deserved!

I wish they did..lol! They can pay me in product!
smiles.gif

ms.marymac

Why do I have to be such a palette whore? *backs away from this thread* Must pay car insurance, must pay car insurance....

mizuki~

Wow thanks MAC_Whore for the awesome pictures and reviews! Now I know I really want those palettes! The picture on the website do the colors no justice. At all!

ms.marymac: LOL
th_LMAO.gif
you're hilarious!

User40

Thank you, thank you MAC_Whore for posting the great pics and review. I ordered the Beethoven palette, but was undecided about Ludwig until I saw your pics and am definitely getting it now. I have also ordered Lolita and Underage Red l/s's and the brush set.

I watched several of Kat's interviews on YouTube and she's such a sweetie.

girl_devil.gif

MAC_Whore

Here's the swatch photos I promised:
winks.gif

Ludwig Palette

Top Row: Tequila, Clay, Downtown, Baroque, Leather
Bottom Row: Lucifer, Orbi, Dimebag
KVDLudwigIII.jpg

KVDLudwigI.jpg

Beethoven Palette

Top Row: Sinner, Rad Purple, Galeano, Leather
Bottom Row: Tequila, Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray

KVDBeethovenI.jpg

L-R: Sinner, Rad Purple, Galeano, Leather
KVDBeethovenIII.jpg

L-R: Tequila, Lucifer, Speed Blue, Razor Gray
KVDBeethovenII.jpg

These were all taken without any base underneath them, as I wanted you to see the true colours. I would recommend using a base with these though.

gigglegirl, here's the eye liner comparison pic:

L-R: MAC's Macroviolet Fluidline, KVD's Turbo Lover Liquid Liner
MVvTurboLover.jpg

ms.marymac

OK. After seeing swatches I think I need the Beethoven Palette. And Hellbent. *smacks head on desk* No I don't. lol

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
OK. After seeing swatches I think I need the Beethoven Palette. And Hellbent. *smacks head on desk* No I don't. lol

OK, then drive carefully, as there goes the car ins! lol Now you can't drive over and try that peanut butter bacon burger. lol

User40

Uh-oh, I think I'm going to have to get the eyeliner too. I keep telling myself I'm helping to stimulate the economy. I really wish MAC and Kat had done a collaboration.

duckduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Here's the swatch photos I promised:
winks.gif

Ludwig Palette

Top Row: Tequila, Clay, Downtown, Baroque, Leather
Bottom Row: Lucifer, Orbi, Dimebag

KVDLudwigI.jpg

Wow, Clay does really suck! Also, I should seriously know this by now, but what is your skintone MAC_Whore?

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckduck
Wow, Clay does really suck! Also, I should seriously know this by now, but what is your skintone MAC_Whore?

Seriously! I swatched it and said, "Clay What?!!!?!" They should be embarassed over putting Clay in that palette. It might look good over a base that looks good on it's own, like Rubenesque Paint Pot, but even that might be a stretch.

I am an NW20 to 25, depending how diligent I am with the self tanner. Hmmm, my skintone was listed in my signature, but I erased it to change something and obviously got side-tracked. Hadn't noticed my sig was gone.....I'm sharp. lol

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
OK, then drive carefully, as there goes the car ins! lol Now you can't drive over and try that peanut butter bacon burger. lol

Lol! I do have a bike though.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Lol! I do have a bike though.

You are going to look soooo hot sporting your Kat Von D eyes as you bike to work!
lol.gif

MsButterfli

i just picked up Beethoven and bout to run back out to get Ludwig...i got that freakin Fiberwig mascara and do NOT like it at all, so i figured i might as well get the other palette now lol

sofabean

the brushes are extremely tempting. i'm such a sucker for packaging! but if they're machine produced, then no thank you.
ssad.gif

mizuki~

I got Ludwig! They sold out of Beethoven at my Sephora
ssad.gif
What the hell is up with the brushes that come in the palette? They look more like lip brushes hahah

MsButterfli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
I got Ludwig! They sold out of Beethoven at my Sephora
ssad.gif
What the hell is up with the brushes that come in the palette? They look more like lip brushes hahah

lol yeah they do, i really thought the same thing lol. i did a coworkers makeup with some MAC pigments and amazingly it worked well but yeah they aint gonna work for these shadows lol

Latest posts