Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

Divinity

^^
Oooh thanks for the heads up! I bought the Beethoven palette and then went back for the Ludwig - I just can't get over Dimebag and Orbi (so pretty!). I tried the really red lippie and it just looked orange on me. I do love the liners - I got Metal Love. I prefer them to fluidlines sometimes because I don't necessarily need the staying power and the application is so easy.

MAC_Whore

Woot! Best makeup news I've heard today!
winks.gif

AmyAngel

Another palette? I love palettes. I have the Beethoven one, and have been really pleased with it. I had thought that Tequila would never get used, but it actually works well on me! I get no shimmer at all out of the purple, though it looks glittery in the palette, but that's OK, I am overloaded on shimmery makeup and needed some mattes!

magi

I received my BEETHOVEN some weeks ago and I am so in love :-o The colors are so wonderful and the texture gorgeous. I am thinking about a backup *lol* My fav is the RAD VIOLET

katvond01hu8.jpg

katvond02qr6.jpg

katvond03ee5.jpg

Some looks made with it:

NotteRequiem

Hmmm... I don't think I can justify buying a duo for 20.00 . I have yet to get both Kat palletes, which I fully intend to do next weekend at some point. The colors for the duos look okay, but I'll wait till I see some swatches to really make my decision.

MAC_Whore

The duos being so close in colour seem kind of boring, imo. I would have been happier with another palette or duos that are more contrasted in colouring and packaged in Nars type duo containers.

I will give the lip glosses a try if the colours move me and they smell OK.

I would have to see the shadow duo sizes and their quality before I determine if they were worth my $20. That being said, the palettes were $34 for *8* shadows. Sephora realized what a cash cow they have in this line, so they are now pumping up prices of new items. I saw that coming a mile away.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
The duos being so close in colour seem kind of boring, imo. I would have been happier with another palette or duos that are more contrasted in colouring and packaged in Nars type duo containers.

Yeup. They are wayyy too similar from what I can see. It could be different in person though..

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
My Sephora got in the warm palette only. The colors reminded me of Carbon, Scarab/Sumptous Olive, Juxt, White Tie/Casablanca, Goldmine, Tan pigment, Bronze and Espresso. HTHS!

I keep looking at the Ludwig palette. I already have Carbon, Scarab, Juxt, Tan pigment, Bronze, and Expresso. I also have several Nylon's which Jen said resembles Tequila, and then I have my own skin which she said resembles Clay (I'm NW20, lol!!). So I guess I'll pass on this. Maybe...!

The Riff Raff duo looks pretty gorgeous. But why is this stuff so expensive? I'm very hesitant because I have used several singles and lip liners from the Sephora brand and I was very disappointed. I am really confused as to why they made duos of such similar shades as well.

jardinaires

the brushes are beautiful, the brush roll and handles. the actual brushes are very soft, but nothing spectacular.. something fun to have just because they're so pretty. as far as the eye shadow palettes go, the packaging was very pretty but the colors were kind of boring try to be pseudo-goth colors, lots of darker shades with semi-alright color payoff. i just wasn't so impressed. i didn't swatch any of the lipsticks but the colors were pretty.. when i went to look at everything though there were a few people standing around swatching colors, but they were definitely all the same demographic: mall rats..

NotteRequiem

Well now I'm bummed out.

The Palettes (Ludwig and Beethoven) are sold out both online and in stores. I -really- hope they get another shipment out, because I haven't had the time or cash to pick these up. I will be so sad if I can't get these before they're dc/d.

T_T

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae13
I think perhaps the textures/finishes are supposed to be different?

They are, but still..it's just kinda disappointing, imo.

christinakate

Hah.
I was at the eaton center for her release for the line, and she was there and i got her autograph and stuff.
But anyways, the line is great i bought it all.
The lipsticks are amazing, and the brush set is rather well too.

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
Well now I'm bummed out.

The Palettes (Ludwig and Beethoven) are sold out both online and in stores. I -really- hope they get another shipment out, because I haven't had the time or cash to pick these up. I will be so sad if I can't get these before they're dc/d.

T_T

I don't know if this is across the board in all stores, but some locations have received stock of the palettes - at least the Ludwig for now. You might want to call around places near you to see.

And as for the e/s duos - color me not too thrilled. The colors are pretty, and the matte-ish sides are nice, but the sparkly side is pretty darn sparkly. Poor color payoff, and lots of glitter.

jenavii

What do you guys N' gals think of Kat Von D eyeshadows?

I wanna buy some of the eyeshadow duas, but I'd like the opinion of someone who has used it before I purchase it online. I've heard they're pretty pigmented, but I'm not sure.

Any feedback?

MACLovin

Re: What do you guys N' gals think of Kat Von D eyeshadows?

Isn't it just Sephora brand in special packaging? Because I thought it was called 'Kat von D for Sephora' or something.. if that's the case then they are just ok to me. The e/s palettes have some pretty colors but I wouldn't count on a superior formula or anything..

i could be wrong, they may have improved on it but from what I've tried of sephora eyeshadows they're not the greatest.
th_dunno.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Re: What do you guys N' gals think of Kat Von D eyeshadows?

I have the palette called Ludwig and I absolutely LOVE it! The eyeshadows are super pigmented and have a satiny finish. They go on really well. The black eyeshadow goes on smooth and doesn't have a lot of fallout. I use this when I do my smokey eyes. The palette I have also has browns and greens in it. All the eyeshadows go on well and blend well. They go on the eye like the color they are in the palette.

The brushes they come with are actually really good, too. You get two shader brushes that look kind of like lip brushes. I use them to line my eye, and they're super soft.

Kat von D also has some other eyeshadows there, but they're not comperable to the palettes. I mean, you get a duo eyeshadow for $20 or a palette for $36. I'll take the palette. She created the makeup line, and it's sold exclusively at Sephora. I really want the other palette, the one with the pretty blues and purple, but I haven't gotten around to getting it. The eyeshadows are the same, but I know there was a complaint about the glittery purple not being as pigmented. But then again, can ANYONE make a great sparkly dark purple?