Kat Von D MAkeup !!!!

mae13

Re: What do you guys N' gals think of Kat Von D eyeshadows?

If you're talking about the palettes, they're both quite excellent. Clay is the only color that is not good - it has this weird crumbly texture with poor payoff, but the other colors are really nice and pigmented. Good quality and definitely better than the Sephora brand eyeshadows.

If you mean the new duos...eh. The less sparkly side is ok, but the shimmery side is all sparkle and not much else. They're not my favorite.

jenavii

Nice... i wanted to buy them online but i guess ill just go in the store to check em out, thanks everyone!

MrsRjizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Isn't it just Sephora brand in special packaging? Because I thought it was called 'Kat von D for Sephora' or something.. if that's the case then they are just ok to me. The e/s palettes have some pretty colors but I wouldn't count on a superior formula or anything..

i could be wrong, they may have improved on it but from what I've tried of sephora eyeshadows they're not the greatest.
th_dunno.gif

This is completly true, Except they did change the formula so these are supposto be better and all sephora shadows from here on out will be created using the new formula

MAC_Whore

I went in to Sephora with the intention of picking up Gunshine LG today and man was I disappointed. I didn't like any of them. No colour payoff. Waay tooo sheer.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
This is completly true, Except they did change the formula so these are supposto be better and all sephora shadows from here on out will be created using the new formula

Good to know, thanks
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

mae13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle

Hasn't happened yet, though I've heard the same rumor.

As it stands, the best textures from the current Sephora brand eyeshadows are the Chrome and to some degree the Pearl - they go on relatively well and are fairly smooth, but they definitely need a good primer to last and to show up vibrantly. The Mat shades are useless unless you like a super-sheer look, and the Strass are pure disco glitter with little pigmentation.

Lilaaa

xoleaxo

i just bought the Beethoven palette and am in loveee
smiles.gif
i really liked almost everything from the line besides a few of the eyeshadow duos. it's funny because i went to MAC first to get a holiday palette and was kind of underwhelmed.. then i went next door to Sephora and got super excited about Kat's line! i told my husband i should have skipped MAC.. haha!

i had sephora brand eyeshadows before and they weren't the best quality, so i was really surprised that the shadows in the palettes were so pigmented. they're super smooth, too.

i'm seriously putting the Ludwig palette and some of the lipsticks/glosses on my christmas list!

NotteRequiem

When someone gets the "Metal Orchestra" palette, let us know! I just discovered it after putting in my order for the two original palettes yesterday. D:

Ah well, good thing I got paid on Friday, right?

new-xero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
I have the palette called Ludwig and I absolutely LOVE it! The eyeshadows are super pigmented and have a satiny finish. They go on really well. The black eyeshadow goes on smooth and doesn't have a lot of fallout. I use this when I do my smokey eyes. The palette I have also has browns and greens in it. All the eyeshadows go on well and blend well. They go on the eye like the color they are in the palette.

The brushes they come with are actually really good, too. You get two shader brushes that look kind of like lip brushes. I use them to line my eye, and they're super soft.

Kat von D also has some other eyeshadows there, but they're not comperable to the palettes. I mean, you get a duo eyeshadow for $20 or a palette for $36. I'll take the palette. She created the makeup line, and it's sold exclusively at Sephora. I really want the other palette, the one with the pretty blues and purple, but I haven't gotten around to getting it. The eyeshadows are the same, but I know there was a complaint about the glittery purple not being as pigmented. But then again, can ANYONE make a great sparkly dark purple?

I'm way late, but I've had good luck with Vixen by Too Faced for a dark glittery purple

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotteRequiem
When someone gets the "Metal Orchestra" palette, let us know! I just discovered it after putting in my order for the two original palettes yesterday. D:

Ah well, good thing I got paid on Friday, right?

I bought the Metal Orchestra palette a few days ago. I haven't worn it yet, but from the swatches I made in the store the shades are pigmented and divine.

Meisje

I bought the brushes and I love four of them: brow, blending, eyeshadow and smudge.

Brow: good for brows or other lashline activity!

Blending: Great for blending, putting on small quantities of shadow, patting a highlight in the centre of the lid, applying shadow to the lower lashline

Eyeshadow: Nice and fluffy for applying colors and blending

Smudge: Same as above

The eyeliner one is awfully stiff and hard, but I haven't worn any liner that needs a brush since I got them, so I'm not sure about it yet.

The cosmetic line looks great, but I have similar colors in other lines already.

Lexz68

I just bought the Beethoven palette over the Christmas holidays. I love it! The shadows are so soft and blendable, and incredibly pigmented! Way better than the regular Sephora brand eyeshadows.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily_3383
Has anyone else tried the glosses? Id really like to try one but I wanted some opinions. thanks!

I bought the mini set and returned it. The colours looked lovely in the tube, but went on SO sheer. Aside from the sheerness, the formula and doe foot applicator make it very difficult to get any decent amount of it on.

hawaii02

I'm late to this thread but have the Ludwig palette. Absolutely love it! I do wish there was a shadow the color of Shroom in it though.
smiles.gif

joey_zane

Does anyone know of any way that UK gals could get hold of this line?? I am in love with Backstage Bambi l/s but cannot order from the Sephora site as they don't ship to the UK :'(

Latest posts