Koyudo brushes

Sylvia60

Sonia wrote me back after I posted it. She said she would not post it and deleted the comment. I will quote part of her email to me.
"Hello Julia,
I got your comment and I wanted to reply to you and tell you why I won't approve it.
Obviously there is always a risk but I understood by talking to them that Japan has the same sources (whatever the company) but I am not supposed to know that, so that is why I am not supposed to say because some things are contractual and then I will be in trouble if I talk on their behalf.
What I understood from any company there, is that they are cruelty free brushes as the animals are not killed for their hair, they are either shaved or they come from exterminations or other natural deaths.
Depending on the countries, they don't know how this hair has been collected (and there are real hair hunters, so they have regulations to discourage them), hence all is flagged endangered species, and all companies depending on how they got the hair sometimes are also enduring those regulations and fall in the same basket."

THis is just a portion of the email. Then I responded with another one. I am trying to be as polite as possible and we are emailing each other back and forth on this.
Whew.
I have Kolinsky brushes as well as other brushes (see my list).
What can I say, except that I'm going synthetic.
That's easy to say, given my collection.

Even so, once I know the situation, obviously I refuse to support it.

jewelnabq

Sylvia60, I am in the same boat as you. I love the brushes I did collect until now. I am with you. There are many decent and soft brushes out there. I still love the Wayne Goss brushes and own several of them. He claims to be "cruelty free", but I wonder since his brushes are made in Japan. It sounds like the brush artisans may actually be able to claim they are cruelty free if they only purchase the hair and not actually collect them. I am just guessing here. I would like to research his claims further before I purchase more. Not that I need any more.
amuse.gif

Sylvia60

We're on the same page, jewelnabq.
On the one hand, there's the sheer pleasure and quality these brushes represent and on the other is contributing to suffering.
I have more brushes than I'll use in one lifetime and so I can resolve not to buy more natural hair, but rather go for synthetic when brush madness seizes me.
It's like taupe eye shadow madness. How many taupe eye shadows can I possibly use and why do I buy more of them?

karlaedith

To anyone who's been thinking on get some koyudo brushes its time to do it as koyudo will increase their prices starting on march 2nd, last week i made an order for the fupa14 and today i made another one for the fupa02 pink handle, the fupa02 will rise its prize like 10 dls and the fupa14 will increase 30 dls :( i was going to wait a few more months but due to this price increase had to get them

DMcG9

To anyone who's been thinking on get some koyudo brushes its time to do it as koyudo will increase their prices starting on march 2nd, last week i made an order for the fupa14 and today i made another one for the fupa02 pink handle, the fupa02 will rise its prize like 10 dls and the fupa14 will increase 30 dls
ssad.gif
i was going to wait a few more months but due to this price increase had to get them
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up putting my order before the 2nd because of the price increases, so that was good because some price jumps were big!
I also had a quick question about shipping... as the brushes are made to order and some take weeks or months to be shipped, will brushes that are already in stock and bought in the same order be shipped separately ahead of ones that have a longer wait time? Just kind of curious to know if can expect items in a couple months or if they will sporadically show up.

karlaedith

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up putting my order before the 2nd because of the price increases, so that was good because some price jumps were big! I also had a quick question about shipping... as the brushes are made to order and some take weeks or months to be shipped, will brushes that are already in stock and bought in the same order be shipped separately ahead of ones that have a longer wait time? Just kind of curious to know if can expect items in a couple months or if they will sporadically show up.
No, they will ship all together, so if one of the brushes that you ordered says that it takes 1 to 2 months to ship thats's going to be the waiting time for your entire order, but sometimes it depends where you live, for example on february 17th i ordered the fupa14 black which says it takes 2-4 weeks to ship, got shipped on the 25 and got it on the 28, i live in the US

DMcG9

No, they will ship all together, so if one of the brushes that you ordered says that it takes 1 to 2 months to ship thats's going to be the waiting time for your entire order, but sometimes it depends where you live, for example on february 17th i ordered the fupa14 black which says it takes 2-4 weeks to ship, got shipped on the 25 and got it on the 28, i live in the US
Ok cool, that's really good to know. Thanks for answering!

Chuchie

My first three orders from Koyudo that came in a little while ago which I thought I'd share from when I first pictured them awhile back.
Still waiting on orders 3 and 4 which are being shipped as we speak!
Can you say love!
love.gif

These are all pre-wash.

left-to-right:
Kabukis -white mushroom, LE flat top kabuki
Fu-pa tankoho (ebay), fupa-07, fu-pa14, fupa-14 ena, bp013,bp016, bp018, bp022, bp020, c011
canadian squirrel blush brush

DMcG9

My first three orders from Koyudo that came in a little while ago which I thought I'd share from when I first pictured them awhile back.
Still waiting on orders 3 and 4 which are being shipped as we speak!
Can you say love!
love.gif

These are all pre-wash.

left-to-right:
Kabukis -white mushroom, LE flat top kabuki
Fu-pa tankoho (ebay), fupa-07, fu-pa14, fupa-14 ena, bp013,bp016, bp018, bp022, bp020, c011
canadian squirrel blush brush
That Canadian Squirrel blush brush is so beautiful. I was just admiring it the other day and kicking myself for not ordering it before the price got jacked up.

Jaymuhlee

My first three orders from Koyudo that came in a little while ago which I thought I'd share from when I first pictured them awhile back. Still waiting on orders 3 and 4 which are being shipped as we speak! Can you say love!  :love: These are all pre-wash. left-to-right: Kabukis -white mushroom, LE flat top kabuki Fu-pa tankoho (ebay), fupa-07, fu-pa14, fupa-14 ena, bp013,bp016, bp018, bp022, bp020, c011 canadian squirrel blush brush
Gorgeous collection! I have 11 headed my way soon, 10 are complete and the 11th is still being made. I cannot wait!

Chuchie

That Canadian Squirrel blush brush is so beautiful. I was just admiring it the other day and kicking myself for not ordering it before the price got jacked up.

It is a very gorgeous brush. It came smaller than I expected and for that reason I was a bit underwhelmed. But I have now used it and realized that this brush has the perfect density and resistance. It becomes much more functional than my less dense gray squirrel blush brushes (i.e. the bp018). Actually, it seems like the price is still the same on cdjapan. On the Koyudo website its much MUCH higher
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaymuhlee

Gorgeous collection! I have 11 headed my way soon, 10 are complete and the 11th is still being made. I cannot wait!
Ooo I know you're soooo anxious! What brushes did you order if you don't mind me asking!

Jaymuhlee

Ooo I know you're soooo anxious! What brushes did you order if you don't mind me asking!
I totally am! I ordered: Fu-pa02 BP033 H005 H013 BP014 BP016 BP025 C011P White Kinoko F005 Powder & Blush Brush (because it's so cute) Cactus Shaped Multi Tasker Brush (also because it's so cute)

DMcG9

It is a very gorgeous brush. It came smaller than I expected and for that reason I was a bit underwhelmed. But I have now used it and realized that this brush has the perfect density and resistance. It becomes much more functional than my less dense gray squirrel blush brushes (i.e. the bp018). Actually, it seems like the price is still the same on cdjapan. On the Koyudo website its much MUCH higher
Oh, interesting! Actually, I see you are right about the price. It is something I will have to save for anyway so I cannot purchase right now but I'll keep my eye on it. That's great that you are finding it has great performance!

Chuchie

Oh, interesting! Actually, I see you are right about the price. It is something I will have to save for anyway so I cannot purchase right now but I'll keep my eye on it. That's great that you are finding it has great performance!
No doubt. Good quality brushes are always an investment. I have some chikuhodos I wish to order one day but I need to save and pace myself. Oh and I don't know if you own this or not but the LE red squirrel brushes are back in stock. That may be worth checking out at least. I'm still thinking about it. Lol.

DMcG9

No doubt. Good quality brushes are always an investment. I have some chikuhodos I wish to order one day but I need to save and pace myself. Oh and I don't know if you own this or not but the LE red squirrel brushes are back in stock. That may be worth checking out at least. I'm still thinking about it. Lol.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll have a look again to see what catches my eye. Incidentally, I ordered the H007 kabuki which is the one with the wooden handle so whenever it arrives I can post a pic unless Jay reviews hers first. Who knows where the orders are sitting at the moment. Two out of three brushes I ordered are ready to go.

Chuchie

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have a look again to see what catches my eye. Incidentally, I ordered the H007 kabuki which is the one with the wooden handle so whenever it arrives I can post a pic unless Jay reviews hers first. Who knows where the orders are sitting at the moment. Two out of three brushes I ordered are ready to go.
No problem! Also, please do! I'd love to see/hear different opinions.. so your first impressions would be helpful to me. ^^

Odelia

20% sale is on for select brushes (quite a few good ones!). I couldn't resist. I grabbed a big BP006 :eyelove: I am on the hunt for a good powder/setting brush.

Chuchie

20% sale is on for select brushes (quite a few good ones!). I couldn't resist. I grabbed a big BP006 :eyelove: I am on the hunt for a good powder/setting brush.
You're going to LOVE the bp006! I'm almost thinking about buying a bu of it. That and the fu-pa13p. Decisions decisions! I kinda wanna try that multi wood grained saikoho brush that just released too.. Even though it's not on sale aha.

DMcG9

My brushes came this week but I haven't really had time to put them to use. For now, here are pics of the H007 mushroom brush made of gray squirrel and baby goat hair. It is so soft and a huge improvement over the last kabuki I had. I am pretty pumped to put this into action.