Kylie Cosmetics

GreenEyedAllie

Hallelujah! My stuff came today! All correct and in one piece. I will be posting lots of swatches this weekend.

(And darn, I really really like the gloss I tried...So Cute. It feels great and looks really awesome. It skirts the edge of nude concealer lips on me but stays on the side of pinker and more wearable...it will be PERFECT to pair with a dramatic eye look. Darn it all to hell.)

slowlikehoney

I'm interested in Candy K, and maybe Koko K. Is Koko K lighter and pinker than Candy K? Also wanting the Literally lip gloss.

Haven

Hallelujah! My stuff came today! All correct and in one piece. I will be posting lots of swatches this weekend.

(And darn, I really really like the gloss I tried...So Cute. It feels great and looks really awesome. It skirts the edge of nude concealer lips on me but stays on the side of pinker and more wearable...it will be PERFECT to pair with a dramatic eye look. Darn it all to hell.)

I have been eyeing the glosses. I have been telling myself that I don't need yet another gloss. We will see how long this denial lasts :club:

elegant-one

:rofl:Right! I thought I would hate everything on me lol! Happy you finally got your goodies. Ugh, so now I need the glosses...I thought so :doh:

elegant-one

I have been eyeing the glosses. I have been telling myself that I don't need yet another gloss. We will see how long this denial lasts :club:

Not long, I guess :type::rofl:AND...I think I'll be joining you!

I wear koko k the most. I also really like candy k and posie k. I am still on the fence about exposed. I have only worn it once.

So what's up with Exposed? I was a bit unsure of getting that shade, but whatever...I did. :)

Haven

So what's up with Exposed? I was a bit unsure of getting that shade, but whatever...I did. :)

I tried exposed again today. It had this funky orangey yellow undertone that came out. :plthumbsdown: Maybe it was the matching liner or maybe just my skintone brings it out. I will keep working with it, but so far it is no bueno on me.

eta: I think with a different liner or some mixing I can make it work. I am just to lazy today to get in mixing mode.

Last edited:

GreenEyedAllie

It just looks funky. I looked sickly.

I tried exposed again today. It had this funky orangey yellow undertone that came out. :plthumbsdown: Maybe it was the matching liner or maybe just my skintone brings it out. I will keep working with it, but so far it is no bueno on me.

eta: I think with a different liner or some mixing I can make it work. I am just to lazy today to get in mixing mode.

Actually for me, the liner alone is good, but added the liquid lip is what makes it not so great. I'll try it again. And swatches soon.

Haven

Actually for me, the liner alone is good, but added the liquid lip is what makes it not so great. I'll try it again. And swatches soon.

I will also try the liner alone or with a different lipstick. I was in a hurry this morning, so fiddling around with lippies was not on the agenda. The exposed liner lipstick combo is just a mess on me.

GreenEyedAllie

Ok. I'm kicking off my swatches with the two metals I got. I ordered Heir (peachy) and Reign (reddish). The first pic is inside and the second outside to show off the metallic-ness.

image.jpeg

View attachment 54584

I think these are more needy. I feel like exfoliation is more important. They take a lot longer to dry down, and if you smush your lips before they dry, they will clump and pill off. After that, they seem fine and wear comfortably. I don't find these scary metallic on the lips...very wearable. I like these, but I'm not sure if I would buy more metals, especially for the money.

elegant-one

Darn! If it's like that on you, it will be the same on me. I saw one swatched that looked so good. But, I should have known that it wasn't going to work on me when I saw it on Kylie's lips - it had that yellowy-orange undertone to it.

Well, I hope at least the liner will work on me.

elegant-one

Ok. I'm kicking off my swatches with the two metals I got. I ordered Heir (peachy) and Reign (reddish). The first pic is inside and the second outside to show off the metallic-ness.

View attachment 54583

View attachment 54584

I think these are more needy. I feel like exfoliation is more important. They take a lot longer to dry down, and if you smush your lips before they dry, they will clump and pill off. After that, they seem fine and wear comfortably. I don't find these scary metallic on the lips...very wearable. I like these, but I'm not sure if I would buy more metals, especially for the money.

They're both pretty on you! I used Guerlain's Kiss Kiss in Morning Rose (which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL of these) lightly on my lips first then used Koko K over it :cloud9: It was soooo beautiful!

GreenEyedAllie

They're both pretty on you! I used Guerlain's Kiss Kiss in Morning Rose (which I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL of these) lightly on my lips first then used Koko K over it :cloud9: It was soooo beautiful!

Thank you! I like the colors and the shiny. Heir is interesting on lips, but I kind of dig it. I love KoKo K the best so far. I also really enjoy Candy K. I'm curious about Posie and Dolce.

elegant-one

Thank you! I like the colors and the shiny. Heir is interesting on lips, but I kind of dig it. I love KoKo K the best so far. I also really enjoy Candy K. I'm curious about Posie and Dolce.

I thought Dolce was going to be too dark for me, but I like it on. I'm happy to read that you like Candy! I'm hoping to get my other ones by mid week. Koko is the best. There needs to be singles.

Latest posts