La Femme Blushes - WOC friendly!!

MzBrownBeauty

I purchased La Femme blushes for the first time a few weeks ago and decided to swatch them for anyone interested. BTW, I'm NW45.

(Left to Right) Magenta, Coral, Bordeaux, Purple Passion, Golden Ruby, Golden Sunset, Golden Ruby

sagehen

^^I like all those colors above, plus Orange, Precious Plum and Pink. I am so happy I discovered these little treasures.

MzBrownBeauty

^^I like all those colors above, plus Orange, Precious Plum and Pink. I am so happy I discovered these little treasures.
Precious Plum and Pink was on my list but I decided to get Magenta and Coral instead. I'll scoop those up during my next order :)

pics

I purchased La Femme blushes for the first time a few weeks ago and decided to swatch them for anyone interested. BTW, I'm NW45.

(Left to Right) Magenta, Coral, Bordeaux, Purple Passion, Golden Ruby, Golden Sunset, Golden Ruby
Golden Sunset look so pop on you. I love it X)

sagehen

I bought several individual pans with my last order to get free shipping, but want to transfer them to a palette - has anyone depotted these blushes with success?

MzBrownBeauty

I bought several individual pans with my last order to get free shipping, but want to transfer them to a palette - has anyone depotted these blushes with success?

My first La Femme blushes were in individual pans and I depotted them. I just used a a thin knife and a candle. I held the pan above the candle and checked periodically to see if the glue under neath had loosen. If you notice that the pan doesn't come out easy just continue to hold it over the flame. La Femme blushes are so soft and I made the mistake of not holding one of my pans there long enough and my blush broke apart. It was very easy and the rest of my blushes game out flawlessly.

sagehen

My first La Femme blushes were in individual pans and I depotted them. I just used a a thin knife and a candle. I held the pan above the candle and checked periodically to see if the glue under neath had loosen. If you notice that the pan doesn't come out easy just continue to hold it over the flame. La Femme blushes are so soft and I made the mistake of not holding one of my pans there long enough and my blush broke apart. It was very easy and the rest of my blushes game out flawlessly.
Thank you - I think I will try depotting a couple and see how I do.

sagehen

I FINALLY grabbed a LaFemme Glow-on Kit in Plum Brown. I really like this color for contouring my face. It had been sold out for a long time.

sagehen

TI-0006-32-008__44505_std.jpg

In the interest of speed, here is a pic of the product (that is not plum brown inside though). It is about 2x larger than the regular product for a dollar or so more, and the plum brown color is so nice. I will post a pic soon - I plan to use it this weekend.

Copperhead

TI-0006-32-008__44505_std.jpg

In the interest of speed, here is a pic of the product (that is not plum brown inside though). It is about 2x larger than the regular product for a dollar or so more, and the plum brown color is so nice. I will post a pic soon - I plan to use it this weekend.
Cool sagehen! I'd like to see a pic of it because it sounds really interesting.

ETA: This costume shop has a pic of it but I'd love to see your picture too sagehen.

http://lasvegascostumingsupplies.com/PLUM-BROWN-Glow-on-Blusher-LaFemme-LF-5.htm

sagehen

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming!

ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch!
pompom.gif

OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.

sagehen

Is there any 'plum' at all to this color, sagehen? $7.50 is cheap cheap cheap!
Yes but very little. It looks like they added brown to their plum shade and made it plum brown. I would call this a cool brown. It stays true to color over time and doesn't warm up, which makes it good for me to contour with.

Copperhead

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming!

ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch!
pompom.gif

OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.
Ooooh, sagehen, I like this.

MzBrownBeauty

I just took a pic but am having an issue uploading the image - coming! ETA: Sagehen has uploaded her first swatch! :pompom: OK, I am NC50-ish and this is three swipes of Plum Brown with the brush they include in the kit. I usually use an angled contour brush and a lighter hand. There is a tiny amount of shimmer in it but it doesn't translate onto the face and it is not any more than in CG Queen Ebony Bronze, which I also use.
THANKS so much Sagehen for posting this!!!! Beautiful color!! And congrats on your first swatch upload!!

Latest posts